Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    i'm out of town at a friends house who doesn't have internet.. wosqi is on his cpu and my phone connects to it but it's unable to download feeds, of course. if possible could someone attach the ipk file for preware so i can save it and drop it into wosqi?
    You could use the preware installer.

Index of /
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    soooo how exactly do i use this?
    save to your phone and then connect that via USB and transfer the install to your PC?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    thanks.. i'd figured it out. but now preware is stuck in loading.. i'm gonna close it in a minute or so, then open it again and see if the feeds load correctly
    Both Preware and Package Manager Service ipks can be found at Index of /feeds/webos-internals/all
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Both Preware and Package Manager Service ipks can be found at Index of /feeds/webos-internals/all
    thank you very much mr j.r.
    ummmm when i loaded the preware app on my pre it kept saying the service is not running.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPreG View Post
    ummmm when i loaded the preware app on my pre it kept saying the service is not running.
    You might have to restart your phone first.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPreG View Post
    With newer versions of Preware, Package Manager Service is included in the ipk. So, once you install it, you should be good to go. Try rebooting your phone and see if that helps.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I just doctored my phone and I'm getting the service is not running message. I've tried rebooting, I tried pulling the battery and restarting but still getting the error message.

Suggestions?

Edit:
    Just noticed I've got WebOS 1.3.5.1, updating now....
    it still says that it is not running even after i rebooted/swapped batteries several times. i had version 1.4.5 before loading preware.
    oh wait! i found a solution. download these files from Jason R.'s link above: org.webosinternals.ipkgservice_0.9.46_all.ipk, org.webosinternals.lunamanager_0.0.5_all.ipk, and org.webosinternals.preware_0.9.22_all.ipk (the first preware ipk). then use the WebOS quick installer and click the plus sign. when prompted, add the 3 files and click install. if preware still says "no service" keep reinstalling it until it works.
    You can also download Preware ipk's from here: Index of /
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.