Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Is Classic avaliable in 1.3.5 app catalog? and how is it running on 1.3.5 for anyone who has updated WebOS.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    wondering as well
    just finished updating to 1.3.5... I dont see much change... Still works like before.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I believe we would have download through app catalog.
    Same old same old.

Upgraded to 1.3.5.

Rebooted.

Tried to synch — freeze crash automatic reboot — nothing but "illegal operation!"

So much for waiting for 1.3.5!
    Palm IIIxe → Palm Tungsten T5 → Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I updated and it is still slow but once I am in there it seems to be working smoother. I believe an update from Motion Apps is supposed to come now that the upgrade to 1.3.5 is here. We will see...
    I ran through Classic a bit; seemed to be somewhat more stable, but wasn't able to do a full test yet. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I've not even tried to run Classic for weeks, as it became completely unstable after 1.3.1. FYI - I don't do homebrew, (It seems to matter)

After upgrading to 1.3.5 and upgrading and downloading some new apps, last night, I decided to give Classic a try again this morning.

So far, so good. It loaded up, and I ran through Contacts, Memos, Calendar, and all were empty. Then I remembered I had done a hard reset and had been unable to sync again (after 1.3.1).

I loaded hotsync and it synced it to Palm Desktop via WiFi, and all info was loaded into Classic!

I've left it running for the past few hours, and have been able to maximize Classic and load and access all info, (I'm even running TealOS, the webOS "skin" for PalmOS that replicates card view on the Centro), no freezing, ...yet.

I also left Messaging, Calendar, Email, (RocknRollHax), and ActiveCard running all last night, (on the TouchStone), w/o problems! i.e. No "too many cards' messages. <fingers crossed>

... so far, so good!

Bring on 2.0 at CES! (Video, Voice, Flash!) - "see and hear"-
    My Classic is running perfect since the 1.3.5 update. Perfectly stable. Has not crashed once. I was able to leave the classic window open all night long and in the morning it was not frozen. I am also able to use the "Game" mode which makes it run at the fastest speed with sound. That mode has never been stable for me in the past but now it is rock solid.

Thanks MotionApps!
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    OMG!!!! I've hotsynced several times and it has not crashed once!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It use to crash on 99.99% of hotsyncs.....could it be..... fixed?!?!!?
    Good news in your posts guys, can't wait for the EU to get 1.3.5 too

Can you clarify, has an updated version of Classic appeared in the App Catalog, or are you just having success from just the update of webOS to 1.3.5 ?

What version of Classic are you running now?
    Just to remind you, I'm still using Classic v2.0.1 (ROM2.6.01)

Cheers.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I only got Classic a week ago, but was frustrated with the crashes/lock-ups. I've used it about a half dozen time since 1.3.5, and haven't had any problems so far. I use Classic along with RDM+.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Classic working just fine on my Pre after WebOS v1.3.5 update. wifight and PktQuicken runnin smooth as ever!

No, there was no app store update for Classic. But there could have been fixes in the WebOS update.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toburg View Post
    OMG!!!! I've hotsynced several times and it has not crashed once!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It use to crash on 99.99% of hotsyncs.....could it be..... fixed?!?!!?
    Spoke too soon.... but not as bad as before 1.3.5. Only crashed on 20% of today's hotsyncs. Heading in the right direction anyway...
    And no word from Motion Apps — yea or nay — good or bad — I'm going to quit holding my breath.
    Palm IIIxe → Palm Tungsten T5 → Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    What version of Classic are you running now?
    Just to remind you, I'm still using Classic v2.0.1 (ROM2.6.01)
    1.3.5 updates the Classic ROM to (ROM:2.6.02)

I still have yet to have a crash and hotsync is working perfectly as well.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Well, I've now gone 24 hours without a crash in Classic -- yay!

However, I did just now have the entire device crash while using an app in Classic. I hope that doesn't continue!
    So far, I'm very pleased with Classic under WebOS 1.3.5. This morning I had a situation that used to cause a crash every time. I went to run NVBackup, and found the card was gone. So I closed Classic by swiping it up off the screen and re-started it. Before, that always caused a crash, and then the only way to get it going was reset the entire device, switch to airplane mode, re-start in Safe Mode, crash again, throw the device against the wall, reset again, etc, etc. This time, no drama! Just started Classic again, ran NVBackup and went on with life. I'm a happy camper!
    WebOS just crashed again while I was in Classic. Anyone else having this?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast