Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    So far, I'm very pleased with Classic under WebOS 1.3.5. This morning I had a situation that used to cause a crash every time. I went to run NVBackup, and found the card was gone. So I closed Classic by swiping it up off the screen and re-started it. Before, that always caused a crash, and then the only way to get it going was reset the entire device, switch to airplane mode, re-start in Safe Mode, crash again, throw the device against the wall, reset again, etc, etc. This time, no drama! Just started Classic again, ran NVBackup and went on with life. I'm a happy camper!
    Is there another way to close the Classic app?
    Yeah, you were about the only one who reported much of any success and the silence from Motion Apps has been deafening!
    Palm IIIxe → Palm Tungsten T5 → Palm Pre
    I was under the impression that an updated version of Classic would be released after 1.3.5 was available, which would fix the problems we were experiencing with 1.3.1 - is this not the case?

Anyway, as others have noted, Classic has been running much better for me also since the 1.3.5 update - don't think I've had even one crash.

I have not got up the nerve yet to try reinstalling Epocrates and see how it works... that one got totally bricked after my last attempt to autoupdate.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by dcIIIxe View Post
    and the silence from Motion Apps has been deafening!
    I see they've thanked a few posts, so they've been here...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by toburg View Post
    Spoke too soon.... but not as bad as before 1.3.5. Only crashed on 20% of today's hotsyncs. Heading in the right direction anyway...
    Why didn't Motion Apps thank this post, which clarified an earlier post from toburg that they did thank?! Is it corporate policy to immediately thank positive posts and ignore negative ones?
    Classic v2.1.2 is now available in the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    I'm getting "Install Failed" trying to update to 2.1.2 Classic.

Anyone else?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I installed it. I don't see any info telling me what was in the update, but after the update I had to reboot my Pre twice and now it is working. It still takes a bit to start the program but one thing I notice is no more splash screen for every program saying it is not certified.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Retraction - seeing less of the uncertified notice, but it is still there. Everything seems to be working and was able to do a hotsync without a problem.
    thought i'd add, slingplayer mobile isn't working video wise

there is an improvement in the audio, from what i had last time, the drop outs are just a little less frequent, and the audio maintains longer, nothing too exciting though.
    There are four lights.
    Running WebOS 1.3.5.
    Deleted old version of Classic.
    Installed Classic 2.1.2
    Rebooted Palm Pre
    --> same old "Illegal Operation" immediately after the splash screen
    The new update installed without a hitch. I have not noticed any difference but ever since 1.3.5 my Classic experience has been perfect.

It looks like they have got things all figured out
    Haven't had "illegal operation" error message once since updating to WebOS 1.3.5. Classic does appear to be more stable. I've hotsync'd several times now without any crashes. Classic also appears to be a bit more responsive and snappier. Keeping my fingers crossed. My apps within Classic are working well.
    Mines is working great at well I have performed several network hotsyncs. I tried to install Kinoma and it is still a no go.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Mines is working great at well I have performed several network hotsyncs. I tried to install Kinoma and it is still a no go.
    Is this with Classic v2.1.2 and do you also have audible? I use audible and with the 1.3.5 update, audible is working as good as or better than it did on my 700p.

I don't have Classic v2.1.2 and I'm waiting to hear from others, before I update. However, I noted that someone stated OTA sync of ePocrates is working. I recall that OTA sync of audible previously worked, but it's quicker to drag to usb drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcIIIxe View Post
    Why didn't Motion Apps thank this post, which clarified an earlier post from toburg that they did thank?! Is it corporate policy to immediately thank positive posts and ignore negative ones?
    Of course there is no such policy would you say that there is based on our responsiveness here in the forums?
    Most of the reports tell us that so far so good. All of you guys that have any issues with Classic after 1.3.5, please contact our support because these should be isolated cases now with individual reasons why it happens.

Happy New Year dcIIIxe!
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    As a German user, I don't have acces to webOS 1.3.5 yet. My Classic version 2.0.0 (ROM 2.6.01) doesn't let audio apps run. SoundRec is able to play, but crashes Classic when trying to record. No other PalmOS app I tried is able to record. I tried in all of the emulator modes with sound enabled.

Is there any working voice recording app for PalmOS in Classic 2.1.2 under WebOS 3.1.5?
    While I haven't tried to HotSync yet (which will be the remaining test case), I repeatedly opened Classic, threw away the card once it had fully loaded, and opened it again. I opened and closed it five or six times without a hitch -- beforehand, it would almost be impossible to open it a second time after closing it without getting the "illegal operation" crash.
    As a EU GSM users, I'm still only able to run 1.3.1.

However, Palm Updates tells me an update to my already installed Classic is available. But when I click Update All, it tells me the Catalog is unavailable.

What a tease ...
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Old Classic ran great with 1.3.5. Fast, responsive, even ran TealOS!
    After updating Classic in the app catalog, Classic barely runs, takes over a min. to load, and when it finally does load it is very sluggish, the "Classic certified/NOT Classic certified", splash screen is still very annoying, ...and Classic crashes within 2-5 mins.

...esp. if I try to run TealOS, It will load, and run, for a few mins. but the "illegal" message pops up within a few mins, and crashes Classic.

Classic crashing, has not yet brought down the Pre with it, as it use to do. ;-)

<sigh> maybe someday....
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast