Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just want to give a shout-out to whoever came up with that tiny little thing. Huge timesaver, especially for a GTD fan such as yours truly. I've always found Evernote a bit clunky for GTD (although I love it for everything else!). Can't think of a simpler way to send myself reminders, particularly when in the car - the PARKED car, obviously

So on that note, I thought I'd ask -- what are everybody's favorite productivity, timesaver, shortcut, lifehacking, make-life-easier apps for the pre?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    What is GTD?

I had thought about this app as well, thanks for the feedback tho!!
    GTD - Getting Things Done

It's basically a way to do task management. I really wish we had some good GTD apps on the Pre like RTM.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I find the built in task app. to work perfectly fine if I need to be reminded of something. And I find the built in calendar app to be perfect for my needs. I also have evernote but haven't used it very much. My main note pad is Fliq, if I need to I can send myself a note. But if I just need a temporay reminder Stickyman works great I can't forget something if it's staring me in the face everytime I turn my screen on. It defiantly needs to be updated so you can put more than 3 notes on the home screen.
    I love Note to Self as well. I don't have to organize tasks, email and calendar - it collapses my organizational system down to only email and calendar. I have my email set to filter all emails from "Note to Self" to a folder called "Tasks", and it works very well.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  6.    #6  
    Here's a good intro to GTD:

The Getting Things Done (GTD) FAQ

It's a time management philosophy of helping you get more done in your lifetime, with less stress, and more purpose.

Please tell me this app still works in 1.3.5 ... can anyone confirm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    GTD - Getting Things Done

It's basically a way to do task management. I really wish we had some good GTD apps on the Pre like RTM.
    Try using the homebrew app called Moo. It is basically an RTM app (it works with your RTM account).
    Quote Originally Posted by retsamhgiht View Post
    Just want to give a shout-out to whoever came up with that tiny little thing. Huge timesaver, especially for a GTD fan such as yours truly. I've always found Evernote a bit clunky for GTD (although I love it for everything else!). Can't think of a simpler way to send myself reminders, particularly when in the car - the PARKED car, obviously

So on that note, I thought I'd ask -- what are everybody's favorite productivity, timesaver, shortcut, lifehacking, make-life-easier apps for the pre?
    Hi,

I'm the author of the app -- thanks for the kind words. Honestly, I'm even a little surprised at the amazing reception it's gotten.

If anybody has any feedback for it, please do let me know!
    Use Evernote. Seriously. If you're all about GTD, it's Evernote all the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    Use Evernote. Seriously. If you're all about GTD, it's Evernote all the way.
    Chiliu:

Or use them together

One user reported using NTS to send herself notes directly to her Evernote catchall. It requires a lot fewer button presses than launching the Evernote app (or the email client), but your notes are still managed in Evernote.

The two apps aren't really competing with each other -- NTS was just designed to complement, and make easier, whichever note taking collection bin you use.

Try it, I don't think you'll be disappointed!
    Quote Originally Posted by retsamhgiht View Post

Please tell me this app still works in 1.3.5 ... can anyone confirm?

Sorry, just saw this. Yes, it does.
    I use GQueues. It syncs well with iGoogle on my desktop. Now that it has tagging, it's EXACTLY what I needed. Great interface with the Pre too.
    Absolutley LOVE Note to Self . I always send myself reminder emails all day and this for me personally is the greatest APP . Also like Evernote.
    Note to Self: /.////....

is the program in preware homebrew? or official app?
    Official APP.

Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    Note to Self: /.////....

is the program in preware homebrew? or official app?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by gordonshumway View Post
    Chiliu:

Or use them together

One user reported using NTS to send herself notes directly to her Evernote catchall. It requires a lot fewer button presses than launching the Evernote app (or the email client), but your notes are still managed in Evernote.

The two apps aren't really competing with each other -- NTS was just designed to complement, and make easier, whichever note taking collection bin you use.

Try it, I don't think you'll be disappointed!
    FYI, I actually used to do that, and it worked great.

(I've since migrated away from Evernote, but that was still a great solution at the time.)
    Note to Self is my #1 FAVORITE appl

I have 5 pages on my launcher, and this little gem is one of the 4 icons in my launch bar, that is HOW special this app is!

Thanks to the author, what a time saver!
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeNoga View Post
    Note to Self is my #1 FAVORITE appl

I have 5 pages on my launcher, and this little gem is one of the 4 icons in my launch bar, that is HOW special this app is!

Thanks to the author, what a time saver!
    Heh, special enough to keep your fifth icon off the bar

Any feedback definitely appreciated. (I'm the author.)
    Yes, excellent app. Thanks for creating it.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    @gordon

I never thought about that using an app like yours to email evernote. I am really starting to dig evernote, especially since I setup my and my wife's Pres to use the same account. Makes sharing notes with each other nice and easy. But it is so SLOW to create a new note.

My one question, if you know, is can you send all your notes to one specific note or maybe change based on subject. I'd love to have a note for "random thoughts" or whatever. Regardless, I think you may have another download this week.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast