View Poll Results: Have You Had Trouble?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes Darn It!

10 43.48%
  • Nah, Worked Just Fine The First Time!

9 39.13%
  • Um, Sorta

4 17.39%
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys! i was wondering, anyone else having some trouble trying to get the virtual keyboard working?? i just got my pre today, and i read everything i could about installing this patch over the course of a week lol, yet when i go to double tap the gesture area in notes, nothing pops up!

any thoughts on why this isn't working? i really would like to get this working for it would greatly help me txt while im in my college classes lmfao!
    Quote Originally Posted by master620 View Post
    Hey guys! i was wondering, anyone else having some trouble trying to get the virtual keyboard working?? i just got my pre today, and i read everything i could about installing this patch over the course of a week lol, yet when i go to double tap the gesture area in notes, nothing pops up!

any thoughts on why this isn't working? i really would like to get this working for it would greatly help me txt while im in my college classes lmfao!
    1) http://install.preware.org

2) Install the Virtual Keyboard from the Patches section

3) Open the web brower, tap twice in the gesture area, wait for 5 seconds (do not tap while waiting).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    The biggest problem I have is that the back key doesn't work half the time. If the backspace worked more reliably I'd use it a lot more.
    Quote Originally Posted by spdqbr View Post
    The biggest problem I have is that the back key doesn't work half the time. If the backspace worked more reliably I'd use it a lot more.
    get the landscape patch for texting and the virtual keyboard is dope..i use it more then i use the actual keyboard. win..in my book..
    Here are a couple of tricks i use to keep this VK from wildin out

1. When entering things like login in and putting in your password, tap your VK off the screen before you enter your password. Then double tap it back up.

2. Keep your slider keyboard out cause the delete and enter button just don't work all the time. And, the Orange button doesn't have the same functuality as the physical one.

3. If the VK won't disappear after a tap, change your screen orientation two times. Once the VK falls and gets stuck with a corner of the keyboard showing, tap it off again.

Once I got used to doing these things, the VK became alot easier to use. I'm still practicing on this baby so any other tips are welcomed and needed here. Happy Holidays yall.
    Last edited by bigkoont; 12/26/2009 at 03:06 AM. Reason: missing word