1.    #1  
    It's killing me! I finally get my hopes up for a little webos racing, and what do I get "App Catalog Not Available." COME ON! Now that's just plain torture...if it's not available yet then take it out of te catalog, or post a sign that says in progress. I only getting to worked up because my 3yr old son really likes to play games on my phone now (which I have to limit or I'd never be able to put it to more important use, like playing games myself), but he's contantly comparing the sub-par games on my phone to the really, really cool ones on Grandpa's phone (which is named after a certain peace of fruit). Grandpa by the way is my father-n-law, who loves to make a big deal about how cool his fruit phone is. So will somebody please help me win the praise of my only son back. I can hardly bare the thought of once again hearing the words "Daddy....can I play some really fun games on your phone" followed up by "Huhhh...nevermind, mayber I can just play with grampa's really cool phone" while he shakes his precious little head and shruggs his disapointed shoulders.

Just one really cool racing game...that's all I want for Christmas this year (and the 1.3.5 update ) There must be other's in the same situation....I'd create one myself, but it wouldn't be done until my son was leaving for college.....Some body, any body....please hear my cry....
    what racing game? In the PALM App Catalog? I think I missed the memo on that one
    If I'd be a **** I'd be questioning your self esteem trying to get your son's appreciation through a racing game on a mobile phone. Don't you have any other fatherly qualities? But I'll let it slip for now. You probably only forgot to put those paragraphs between <irony>-tags.

As for the games. It has been discussed broad and wide across the boards here: as long as the API doesn't tap into the GPU, don't expect much in quality gaming (as in the spoiled generation, that needs hi-end 3D graphics to even consider a game being playable). Me, I am happy enough with Card Ace and Preopoly. Wouldn't mind a Puzzle Quest port in the future, but apart from that I'm peachy. If games had been my primary interest I had gotten a DSi or PSP.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Our Tilt GT is almost in the App Catalog, it shows up under Racing games but not quite downloadable. And yes, it's a real racing game, not just an RPG

Here is a little teaser: bit.ly/6uTy4i (copy paste url)

--
    Sergey @ Under Clouds Games
    Get your son a xbox 360 for christmas and Forza 3, now that's a racing experience! Racing games belong on a game console, but that's just my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by THL View Post
    If I'd be a **** I'd be questioning your self esteem trying to get your son's appreciation through a racing game on a mobile phone. Don't you have any other fatherly qualities? But I'll let it slip for now. You probably only forgot to put those paragraphs between <irony>-tags.

As for the games. It has been discussed broad and wide across the boards here: as long as the API doesn't tap into the GPU, don't expect much in quality gaming (as in the spoiled generation, that needs hi-end 3D graphics to even consider a game being playable). Me, I am happy enough with Card Ace and Preopoly. Wouldn't mind a Puzzle Quest port in the future, but apart from that I'm peachy. If games had been my primary interest I had gotten a DSi or PSP.
    there is an alternative,

classic has a racing game built in that works just dandy, you can install it with the free apps under preferences. it is a full on game and optimized for much lesser hardware, so the pre can run it with aplomb.

check out around 34 seconds on the youtube vid

although when i just tried it now, i can't seem to figure out steering.
    Last edited by windzilla; 12/23/2009 at 11:48 AM.
    There are four lights.
    Anyone try "Tilt GT" in the App Catalog yet? I'm tempted. It says it went in yesterday, but I checked an hour ago and it wasn't there, now it's showing.

There's also "Road Rage" which looks to be like Spy Hunter.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for your'e reply's, but a few things.....Yes I have self esteem issues, at least that's what my shrink thinks, but I just keep telling him that I don't like to lose! As for the primary interest, I purchased the phone for work "because palm is supposed to be a business product" multitasking and all that jazz, but as of yet any truely worth while business apps are greatly lacking. But yes "Tilt GT" seems to be up and running which I think should be just fine for now, after all my son is only 3....and as for for the gaming systems mentioned, ya, just a little much so I'm going with a "Leapster 2" and if you don't know what that is then you either don't have any midgets running around your home or you're just a bad parent

Oh yeah, and in response to the API tapping into the GPU, I don't think that it'll happen anytime soon, but I have heard some promising things for the future. Certain hire-ins to get that particular ball rolling.....But then again 1.3.5 was supposed to be ready mid December, and look how the time has gone by. I had to delete several apps just to squeeze in "Tilt GT." Yes they weren't really all that great anyway but they were mine.

So since I've complained about the racing games and got that, my next battle cry should be BRING ON NO APP LIMIT! There that should do it. So within the next 24hrs we should all be removing the virtual keyboard patch (along with all the others), and updating our pre's to WebOS 1.3.5! Your welcome