1.    #1  
    Very strange stuff. Whenever I tried to install or update apps in the App Catalog, I would get the storage full message. I deleted a bunch of apps, but still got the same message. At that time, I was able to install new apps through Preware just fine.

As a test, I unistalled Preware and the Package Manager service and now I can install and update from the App Catalog again. Filecoaster also works fine.

As a test, I reinstalled Preware and the Package Manager service and ran into the same problem again. App catalog would give the storage full message. I unistalled them both again and was able to use the App Catalog fine after that.

I guess I will stick with Filecoaster for now. I preferred Preware, but I just couldn't figure out why it caused that problem. FYI: I just use homebrew, no themes or patches just apps.
    Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 700p, Treo 755, Palm Pre
    I'm having the same problem -- any app from the App Catalog gives the "Install Failed" message. I deleted a bunch of applications but same message -- I don't think it's an app limit thing.

I also uninstalled Preware, but that didn't help either. Anyone have any thoughts?
    if you have alot of emails, even in the trash folder, try deleting them. I couldn't download anything, deleted about 20 apps and it still didn't help. Then i read somewhere that the emails were stored in the same partition as the apps and deleted them out of the trash folder and then magically could get apps again.
    Quote Originally Posted by deltatko1 View Post
    if you have alot of emails, even in the trash folder, try deleting them. I couldn't download anything, deleted about 20 apps and it still didn't help. Then i read somewhere that the emails were stored in the same partition as the apps and deleted them out of the trash folder and then magically could get apps again.
    Well, I can still install apps through Preware, so I'm inclined to think it's not the limit problem. (Although I could be entirely wrong.)
    I can say without a doubt that the email was the problem and if you delete those emails by limiting the number of days stored or by one at a time you will then be able to install and update apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomepatrol View Post
    Well, I can still install apps through Preware, so I'm inclined to think it's not the limit problem. (Although I could be entirely wrong.)
    Preware does not have any limit problem (well aside from the total space of the /var partition). The app catalog will not install unless the /var partition has at LEAST 100MB free space.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    i tried downloading twee and it says "download again for free" instead of tap to launch..

it also does not install..

can anyone explain why this is so?