Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Myles allows you to log your business and personal trips for tax reporting, expense accounts or other purposes. Enter you beginning and ending odometer readings, choose a category, and add purpose, destination and notes about the trip. Set a reminder to enter ending mileage. Edit beginning and ending date/times.

v0.3.0 2010-02-14
    • Adds option to export data directly to Google spreadsheet

v0.2.3 2010-01-29
    • Name changed from Milez to Myles
    • Adds ability to sort by vehicle or category
    • Adds a new look

v0.2.1 2010-01-15
    • Adds reminder to enter ending mileage (user-configurable duration for reminder)

v0.2.0 2010-01-05

WARNING: Delete v0.1.x prior to installing 0.2.0. If you need to save data, use the Export Data function in version 0.1.2 prior to deleting.

• Adds user-editable start date/time and end date/time (tap on field to edit, tap on clock icon to set to "now")
    • Adds user-configurable categories (preferences)
    • Adds user-configurable vehicles, with mileage and rate fields (preferences)
    • Adds autofill for mileages (preferences)
    • Adds ability to see note from main list scene (tap on file cabinet icon)

v0.1.2 2009-12-23

• Adds basic Export of data - email of CSV data for import into spreadsheet
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by haeffb; 02/14/2010 at 09:46 AM.
    Hey haeffb if you need a tester I would be more than happy to volunteer. I love your agenda app.
    Let me startout by saying THANK YOU SOOO MUCH for making this app!!! Just installed about an hour ago, but looks great so far. Did some quick testing, I would like to see this app auto populate the start milage for the next trip, also if I go into the "Add new trip" screen then imedietly back out it adds a "0" mileage trip (of course I can delete afterwards...but just FYI) all in all great so far. Have work tomorrow (field service) so I will be testing out. Again thanks alot for this app, It will help so much!
    I have been waiting for an app like this since last June - when I switched to the Pre from my Centro.

I would like to see it connect to GPS and give me miles traveled, instead of having to manually enter my starting and ending mileage. But the export to Excel (etc) is great. Thanks!
    The export is greyed out. I only entered 1 test item, so maybe that is problem. I will test this out, but looks great thus far. Thank you
    Hello,

I would love to see a feature in your application... Right now there is only one way to enter the distance. Entering the start and end km count....

would it be possible to add also the possibility to enter a plain number... so either you would enter the distance the old way or just enter the number of km you did...

thank you
  7.    #7  
    Export is not yet enabled.
    Haeffb, I tested it out this morning taking my son to work. It works great. One thing I noticed, I ended the trip when I took him to work. I then input my new mileage for a new trip and closed the app and when I went back into the app when I arrived and my mileage for the new trip wasn't saved.

Edit: Nevermind, you have to swipe swipe the screen to make it save.

It would be nice if it could populate your last odometer entry. Keep up the great work!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I have been waiting for an app like this since last June - when I switched to the Pre from my Centro.

I would like to see it connect to GPS and give me miles traveled, instead of having to manually enter my starting and ending mileage. But the export to Excel (etc) is great. Thanks!
    GPS tracking is an idea that I've been toying with. My concern at this point is battery usage. It's on the list of potetial features, though.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    Hello,

would it be possible to add also the possibility to enter a plain number... so either you would enter the distance the old way or just enter the number of km you did...

thank you
    if you'd like to use the app in this fashion, only enter the ending mileage (kilometerage???).
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Haeffb, I tested it out this morning taking my son to work. It works great. One thing I noticed, I ended the trip when I took him to work. I then input my new mileage for a new trip and closed the app and when I went back into the app when I arrived and my mileage for the new trip wasn't saved.

Edit: Nevermind, you have to swipe swipe the screen to make it save.

It would be nice if it could populate your last odometer entry. Keep up the great work!
    yes, at this point, data is not saved until you swipe back to the list scene

i've made a note that at least two people want the begin mileage auto-filled. Probably make that a user pref.
    Can you add a way to enter parking fees?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hi,

Today was a great day - the two apps that kept me still carrying my Treo Pro (without a SIM card) where posted - Milez and Safe Box. Thanks!

Agree, auto-fill of mileage would be nice. I would also like a possability to enter starting point, many times I travel on different "Category" without returning home and need to track kilometers per "leg".
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    This functionality is one of the reasons I still carry my Centro, my Centro has a great app that tracks my mileage. Thanks for getting this out in development.

My list of items that I will be looking for on the app I purchase are:

1. Custom categories that can be chosen via drop down list. Make this default to purpose chosen in previous trip.
    2. Custom purpose chosen via drop down list.
    3. Custom destination via drop down list.
    4. Beginning mileage equal to ending mileage of previous trip.
    5. Ending mileage equal to beginning mileage of same trip minus last three digits. (only have to key in final 3 digits)
    6. Record time when beginning and ending mileage is recorded and make that time editable. This allows keeping track of how much time trips take and also allows the time to be edited if you forget for example to put the ending mileage until you get in your car the next time.
    7. Custom vehicle list to track mileage for more than 1 vehicle, make this default to vehicle chosen for previous trip.

It would be nice if GPS was utilized in some way. If you are in a vehicle, that is the most convenient time to charge I think so perhaps battery usage is not as big a deal as you think. If GPS was used, it would be great if you could plug in a beginning mileage for your day (IRS wants that and ending mileage, not just number of miles) then the app tracks all other mileage since last starting mileage was entered. It would also be cool if the app tracked each address that it noted the phone was stationary at for a minimum time, like 5 minutes AND it knew some addresses and could categorize them based upon the geocode, like if it detected you at the office, it recorded that, or at home, etc.

I know the list is long, but I think these would make a great app.

I will let you know if I come up with other ideas.

Thanks again!
    I used a similar app for the iphone, and created my own for the nokia, here is what i would like

1, set a per mile 'redemption amount' for those that have to claim cost back

2, redemption value automatically calculated per trip on start and end mileage

3, ability to make a tripe mileage as redeemed

4, a report showing redemption due

5, database backup

6 trip start and end time

7, ability to have or add more note fields ie 'customer' 'notes' etc

8, other expenses field

9, incomplete journey warning
  16.    #16  
    Some great suggestions here. I've got some work to do....
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Excellent start. I'm really happy to see this in progress. I had half resigned myself to creating an app to do this myself. I really don't like software development so I'm glad to see someone else doing this.

I also would like to see new trips start with the end mileage of the last trip.

A partial fill in of the end mileage might be nice, I'm OK either way with that.

Before this will fill my needs it has to have the following features:
    Export to spreadsheet (I know you said this is in the works)
    Multiple customizable categories (The IRS allows different rates for charity and business, also some might be reimbursed for some mileage and deduct for other)
    Multiple Vehicles (needed for IRS if you're using multiple vehicles)

Great work so far. I'm looking forward to seeing this develop.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    haeffb, you are my hero!

I've been thinking I was going to have to write my own app to do this. VERY glad to see I won't have to.

Will download and start trying it out later today!
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Testing this out I can not get the end mileage to save. I have backswiped (even tried double backswiping) tried new entry etc. every time I go to look the end mileage is not there.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast