Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Well, back to the same thing, I see a Myles icon in the lower right this morning, tapping there brings up a blank detail bar. Don't know what it was trying to tell me. No docs were uploaded, and that was as expected, as one went up the day before, and I have it set to upload weekly.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    I'm using 0.3.9 from the app catalog. Everything looks good to me. My exports to Google docs (daily right now, I'll switch to weekly today) are working great, my alerts say Uploaded to Google Docs. Every so often an upload fails, but I get a failure alert.

(The long description of Myles in the App Catalog says 0.3.7, it's only when you click on the app name that you see that it is 0.3.9.)
    I'm using Myles 0.3.9 from the App Catalog. Last Monday, I switched from daily to weekly auto exports. Just wanted to let you know that the weekly export ran fine. Everything looks great.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Brian,

I am still running the beta version, 0.3.10, you pushed that up to see if it corrected the issue I was having of daily uploads to docs when my device. It is still uploading to docs, even while set to do so weekly.

Anyway, I want to go ahead and purchase the app cat version, perhaps it is more steady?

Before I do, is it auto exporting? I am confusing the 2 versions.

How do I bring the new database across? In the instructions you give for going from one device to another, you mention to make sure the versions are the same from one device to the next, when taking the database from one device and using it in another.

Can I safely move from the beta to the paid, and bring the database?

Thanks!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Brian,

I am still running the beta version, 0.3.10, you pushed that up to see if it corrected the issue I was having of daily uploads to docs when my device. It is still uploading to docs, even while set to do so weekly.

Anyway, I want to go ahead and purchase the app cat version, perhaps it is more steady?

Before I do, is it auto exporting? I am confusing the 2 versions.

How do I bring the new database across? In the instructions you give for going from one device to another, you mention to make sure the versions are the same from one device to the next, when taking the database from one device and using it in another.

Can I safely move from the beta to the paid, and bring the database?

Thanks!
    The app catalog version does auto export. I'd like to figure out what is going on with your extra exports. Are you seeing it happen daily, or how often? At a particular time of day? Are you still getting the blank notifications?

The databases from 0.3.9 and 0.3.10 are the same - you can transfer one to the other. The warning is mainly there just in case I made a database change from one version of the app to the next, but in this case I have not.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Brian, I will hang with the beta to assist in finding the issue with the exports. It had been happening every day, and the blank notifications had gone away wit a .10 update I think. Yesterday, I switched to daily, saved it, shut down, started, witched to weekly, to see if that resets, I did not get a new export last night. There were happening at night before. I will see what happens over the next few days and report.
    when will the app catalog get the updated version
  8.    #148  
    I'm waiting on some work to get the German translation completed & in the catalog...hopefully soon.
    After working like a dream for quite a while, Myles lost it's mind this weekend. I recorded a trip on Friday and everything seemed good. No trips recorded over the weekend. When I went to record Monday's trip, some of my preferences were gone.

AutoFill mileage was reset to No - I had it set to yes
    AutoFill ending time was reset to No - I had it set to no
    Reminder was reset to 30 minutes - I had it set to None
    AutoExport was reset to No - I had it set to Yes
    And my Google Docs account info was gone

My categories and vehicle info were OK.

I reset all my preferences. Auto Export is set to Weekly, but Myles is doing Daily auto exports. I recall someone else having a problem where the export was set to weekly but was being performed daily.

I just set the export to biweekly to see if that change would make it stop doing daily exports.

In the big scheme of things, this isn't a huge problem, but I thought you'd want to know about it.

I have version 0.3.9 installed.
  10.    #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by Patti Anastasia View Post
    After working like a dream for quite a while, Myles lost it's mind this weekend. I recorded a trip on Friday and everything seemed good. No trips recorded over the weekend. When I went to record Monday's trip, some of my preferences were gone.

AutoFill mileage was reset to No - I had it set to yes
    AutoFill ending time was reset to No - I had it set to no
    Reminder was reset to 30 minutes - I had it set to None
    AutoExport was reset to No - I had it set to Yes
    And my Google Docs account info was gone

My categories and vehicle info were OK.

I reset all my preferences. Auto Export is set to Weekly, but Myles is doing Daily auto exports. I recall someone else having a problem where the export was set to weekly but was being performed daily.

I just set the export to biweekly to see if that change would make it stop doing daily exports.

In the big scheme of things, this isn't a huge problem, but I thought you'd want to know about it.

I have version 0.3.9 installed.
    It sounds like the app cookie became corrupted somehow - maybe a webOS glitch. Let me know if changing the export setting doesn't work.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Just to update, seems like things are sill not consistent.

Though it is set to weekly export, there had not been an export since May 9th, before that was May 2nd. So it did a weekly update, but nothing since.

I am setting to daily then back to weekly again to see if this sets it to regular weekly updates.

I am still with the latest beta version.
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Just to update, seems like things are sill not consistent.

Though it is set to weekly export, there had not been an export since May 9th, before that was May 2nd. So it did a weekly update, but nothing since.

I am setting to daily then back to weekly again to see if this sets it to regular weekly updates.

I am still with the latest beta version.
    I must have been brain dead. Every time you go to Preferences, it resets the "next week" starting from today. Just never go back to Preferences and you'll be OK.

I'll post a fix soon ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^

Version 0.3.13 uploaded with a fix.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    I must have been brain dead. Every time you go to Preferences, it resets the "next week" starting from today. Just never go back to Preferences and you'll be OK.

I'll post a fix soon ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^

Version 0.3.13 uploaded with a fix.
    That does explain the behavior I was experiencing, now that you mentioned it. I did get the update you sent through and have installed it. Will test and report back.
    Setting the autoexport to biweekly got rid of the daily exports. I reset it to weekly, we'll see what that does.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    By the way, your fix did correct the issue I was having. Thanks!
    I'm using 0.3.12 and I still have the problem where Myles loses my preferences. It happens every few months. I reported this problem in May, but yesterday was the second time it happened since May.

I'm not losing any data and it is easy to work around, but I thought you should know about it.

I lose my settings for these preferences:

AutoFill mileage
    AutoFill ending time
    Reminder
    Auto Export
    Export Frequency
    Export Type and Google Account Info

I do not lose Categories or Vehicles.
    I've recently started using Myles for several vehicles and several businesses and it works well, though I don't use the Auto Fill features.. However, I'd like to know if there is any way to copy destinations and purpose to a new date?

FWIW, it seems that most business travel seems to be to the same places for the same reasons. Maybe a simple way to duplicate a log entry except for the dates.
  18.    #158  
    Myles is well overdue for some updates.
    My last successful backup to Google Docs was Sep 7, 2011. On Google I found the following (which I believe is the source of the problem):

Requiring SSL for Documents List, Spreadsheets and Sites APIs - Google Apps Developer Blog

Requiring SSL for Documents List, Spreadsheets and Sites APIs
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 | 10:33 AM

Labels: Google Docs API, Google Sites API, Google Spreadsheets API

In March, we announced that we would start requiring clients to use SSL when making requests to the Google Documents List API, the Google Spreadsheets API, and the Google Sites API. This is part of our ongoing effort to increase the security of user data.

The time has come, and we are starting to roll out this requirement. On average, about 86% of requests to these APIs are already using SSL, so we expect there to be minimal migration required. The implementation will continue throughout September. If an application receives an HTTP 400 Bad Request response to a request, then it may be because the request was not made using HTTPS.

Clients that have not already started using SSL for all requests should do so immediately. This is as simple as upgrading to the latest version of the relevant API client library. Developers with questions should post in the API forums.

Can we get a Milez update to change the upload link to HTTPS ?
    Last edited by vegas89134; 02/27/2012 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Vegas89134
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas89134 View Post
    My last successful backup to Google Docs was Sep 7, 2011. On Google I found the following (which I believe is the source of the problem):

Requiring SSL for Documents List, Spreadsheets and Sites APIs - Google Apps Developer Blog

Requiring SSL for Documents List, Spreadsheets and Sites APIs
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 | 10:33 AM

Labels: Google Docs API, Google Sites API, Google Spreadsheets API

In March, we announced that we would start requiring clients to use SSL when making requests to the Google Documents List API, the Google Spreadsheets API, and the Google Sites API. This is part of our ongoing effort to increase the security of user data.

The time has come, and we are starting to roll out this requirement. On average, about 86% of requests to these APIs are already using SSL, so we expect there to be minimal migration required. The implementation will continue throughout September. If an application receives an HTTP 400 Bad Request response to a request, then it may be because the request was not made using HTTPS.

Clients that have not already started using SSL for all requests should do so immediately. This is as simple as upgrading to the latest version of the relevant API client library. Developers with questions should post in the API forums.

Can we get a Milez update to change the upload link to HTTPS ?
    +1
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678