Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Uploading 0.2.2 to PreCentral.

Additions/changes:
    -default email address in prefs
    -includes rate and total in export
    -ability to purge data by date range (from App menu)
    -moved vehicle field to "mileage info" group in entry scene
    -added 8hrs and 10hrs to reminder options
    -added a banner notification that a reminder was set
    -added begin/end miles and total time to drawer info (needs better formatting)
    -maybe other things that I'm forgetting.

The purge data scene will default to the earliest date you have in your data thru today. Be careful with this - once it's gone, it's gone.

With the current SDK, it is impossible to save a file on the device, so there is no way to add the CSV file as an attachment.

It would be possible to allow the user to configure export fields, etc; however, that will take a bit more time than I have today. I may tackle Google Docs before putting any more effort into the CSV export, though...
    I just wanted to send my thanks for developing the app. This is really a fantastic application even in the original form. The updates that have been made are superb! The google docs would be the clincher for the perfect app.

Keep up the great work!
    I can't figure out how to save a trip. Swiping left in the gesture area just takes me back to the sreen that says "Add a new trip" but the old trip isn't there.

Edit: Answered my own question. In order to get trips to save I deleted the app I had gotten from Preware and installed from Filecoaster (both v0.2.2).
    Last edited by fnshuler; 01/25/2010 at 09:20 AM.
    Just thought Id let you know even though it was probably some sort of fluke but I had 6 trips in and deleted the 2 new ones (playing with the new update) and then did an export but only got the 4 newest including the 2 I deleted but not the 2 oldest entries. I did a second export and that one came out fine.
    Just thought Id pass it along but otherwise its a great app and the newest update with the default email address really cuts down on time since we have a long domain name.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    This app is developing nicely. Nice job.

I know you can't incorporate everything, but here is what happened today for me. I began a task that began with a short road trip to a location then returned with the reverse short road trip. The task was roughly 3 hours. The only reminder I could set that made sense was for 5 hours. You guessed it, at 5 hours, was at my desk at my home office and got a reminder. I got up from my seat and went to the garage to get the ending miles. (I know I could have waited until I was in the car again, but it would sit there and bug me until I did )

I think there should be reminders each hour until 8 hours, its easy to scroll by the ones that don't apply to you. And if possible a snooze with a selectable time to snooze would be cool in case the rad trip lasted longer than expected.

And one other thing, I drove my car past 65K miles over the weekend. Upon starting the log for the aforementioned trip above, the beginning miles naturally had pre-filled 64,xxx miles as expected. I erased back and added a beginning miles of 65,xxx. When I went back in to add the ending miles, the ending miles still had pre-populated with 64, it did not pick up on the previous miles entry which had been changed to 65,xxx. Its a little thing, just in case you want to program for this which will happen to most of us every 1,000 miles.

Great app once again, thanks!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  6.    #66  
    What I'm thinking is just adding a snooze to the reminder that would snooze for whatever reminder duration you had set. If you set it for an hour, hit snooze and it'd go another hour.
    The newest version is great. It just keeps getting better and better. The export email preference, rate/total in export data, and purge are great additions. I haven't tried purge yet, but it looks like it does exactly what I want.

I don't use multiple vehicles, but the vehicle box seems to be in a good place. I don't need the reminders so I haven't played with them.

I don't track trip times. I'm wondering about a date/time format preference. I'd set it to mm-dd-yyyy so that I don't see times. Those who need times can set it to mm-dd-yyyy hh:mm:ss.

Looking forward the possibility of Google Docs and setting export preferences.

Thanks for all the great work.
  8.    #68  
    Version 0.2.3 adds a new look. And the ability to sort by vehicle or category. And a new name.

Note that version 0.2.2 and lower uses a different app id, so both versions can co-exist. I'd recommend exporting any data from older versions and deleting. Any future upgrades will be to "Myles" only. So long "Milez."
    I will definitely be trying this one out.
    great job with update.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    And on the list scene, I can add total time so long as I have enough screen real estate... What about the notes drawer? I added that just because I was playing around with putting drawers in a list. Useful, or get rid of it? I could add additional info into the drawer (vehicle, begin/end miles, begin/end time, total time). Or just eliminate it?
    I like the drawer, personally.

On reminders, I still think if you complete the trip before the reminder time, it should not prompt you to enter the end miles/time.

And on reminder intervals, I thought I read somewhere that rather than add more intervals, you would add the ability to defer the reminder the amount of time you initially gave it. That for me does not seem like the best solution. If I want to actually be reminded in 3 hours, I then have to set it for 1 then snooze it twice, or for 5 and risk not having completed the trip when it was done and get reminded 2 hours later. I still think more intervals is best, portions of an hour, then each hour up to 10 or so, its easy to scroll through them to get to the one you want.

Along that last thought, never seen it done this way so perhaps this is not possible with webOS, but when hitting the reminder interval, can it pop up a grid showing all options, lets say in a 4x4 or 5x5 grid and you pick one?

Anyway, great app, thanks!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  12.    #72  
    Version 0.2.4 uploaded.

Tapping on the dashboard icon will "snooze" the reminder for the same duration originally selected. Tapping on the dashboard message will launch the app. Swiping the dashboard away will...get rid of the dashboard/reminder.
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I like the drawer, personally.

On reminders, I still think if you complete the trip before the reminder time, it should not prompt you to enter the end miles/time.
    Agreed. It'll take some work to get that to happen correctly. Or maybe not.

I still think more intervals is best, portions of an hour, then each hour up to 10 or so, its easy to scroll through them to get to the one you want.
    Even then, if you set it for 2 hours, and the trip takes 100 minutes, you're well away from the vehicle when the reminder goes off 20 minutes later. A GPS solution will eventually eliminate these issues. In the meantime, the snooze option is now available if you want it.

Along that last thought, never seen it done this way so perhaps this is not possible with webOS, but when hitting the reminder interval, can it pop up a grid showing all options, lets say in a 4x4 or 5x5 grid and you pick one?

Anyway, great app, thanks!
    There are all kinds of options. Could use multiple pickers to select hours & minutes. Or a time picker to select what time you want to be reminded. Or maybe not even set a duration. Just pop up a dashboard reminder and it hangs around until you either dismiss it or go back to the app.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    The update to 0.2.4 is very nice! Your app is one of a handful I use every single day, very much appreciated!
    Installed Myles and everything looks great.

I really like the AutoFill End Time option. In prev versions it took me a while to figure out that I needed to tap the clock to get an accurate end time.

Tracking business mileage has become so easy. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Was trying to reach developer but there is no web site or e-mail. This is potentially a great program so I am surprised how few people have downloaded.

I have an issue and a wish list:
    I had to reset my phone and everything came back online except for Milez. All my data from the last 2 months is gone. I use this program every day so much info was lost. Don't know why.
    Up Grade Ideas;
    *Would be nice if each month would "collapse" to save screen room.
    *MUST be a way to get data into a Word spreadsheet. We would have backup and able to print out for taxes.

Please keep upgrading... No problem with paying a few bucks.
    Last edited by ldpalm; 01/31/2010 at 05:32 AM. Reason: mistake
    haeffb is very active with this thread and responds to posts very timely. Did you export your data before you reset it?
    Last edited by mamouton; 01/31/2010 at 08:29 AM.
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by ldpalm View Post
    Was trying to reach developer but there is no web site or e-mail. This is potentially a great program so I am surprised how few people have downloaded.

I have an issue and a wish list:
    I had to reset my phone and everything came back online except for Milez. All my data from the last 2 months is gone. I use this program every day so much info was lost. Don't know why.
    Up Grade Ideas;
    *Would be nice if each month would "collapse" to save screen room.
    *MUST be a way to get data into a Word spreadsheet. We would have backup and able to print out for taxes.

Please keep upgrading... No problem with paying a few bucks.
    You can email me directly through the app's help scene.

Not sure what happened on your reset. Did you just reset the phone, or did you clear all the data (webosdoctor or etc)? The database should not be affected by a phone reset unless you clear your data.

There is currently a way to export data - "Export Data" in the app menu will create an email with the data in CSV format that you can send to yourself. It's fairly simple to import that data into Excel or another spreadsheet. You can save the CSV data as a text file (maybe Myles.csv) and then open it in Excel. Be sure to change file type to "text files" in the Excel open dialog.

Or, you can just copy the data from your email program and paste directly into Excel, then use Excel's Data/Text to Columns parser. You'd choose "delimited" as original data type and then "comma" as the delimiter. Easy peasy.

I would recommend that you export data monthly. Import into a spreadsheet that you can then print for IRS/business expense purposes.
  19.    #79  
    Myles has been published in the Palm App Catalog.

Because I made a mistake, and didn't give the app catalog version a different appID, it will look like you can update from the homebrew version. DON'T DO THIS. It won't download. You can continue to use the homebrew version for free, and I'll continue to use homebrew for beta versions.

If you insist on paying for the app, delete the homebrew version first. And, of course, export your data before deleting.

The app catalog version has a fix for a relatively minor bug when deleting a trip from the list. I'll upload a new homebrew version soon with that fix, likely with a new appID, sometime in the next few days.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Though the homebrew version is working just fine for me, as soon as I can I will take care to export then remove and happily purchase your paid version. You have done good work and it deserves to be compensated, so I hope tons of people make the same decision.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast