Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Uploaded version 0.1.2.

Adds rudimentary export of data. Fixes some issues with quote characters in text fields.

Export Data now creates an email with a CSV version of your data. You can send the email to yourself and then import into Excel or other spreadsheet.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by falameezer View Post
    Testing this out I can not get the end mileage to save. I have backswiped (even tried double backswiping) tried new entry etc. every time I go to look the end mileage is not there.
    Try 0.1.2 and let me know if you still have the problem.
    Hello,

I would like the program to also log gas fillups, location and cost and provide actual mileage/gallon.

Lucy
    I got an error when I tried to install this from Preware
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by lsuinhouston View Post
    I got an error when I tried to install this from Preware
    seems to be an error in Preware. Installs fine from Filecoaster or WOQI.
    FWIW, adding GPS support would make this about the only app I would pay for, and add it to my entire fleet! (for their benefit AND mine.)

Good luck, hope to see it!
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by ret2961 View Post
    FWIW, adding GPS support would make this about the only app I would pay for, and add it to my entire fleet! (for their benefit AND mine.)

Good luck, hope to see it!
    Please describe how you envision using GPS with a mileage tracking app.

i.e.:

1) tap Start Trip
    2) drive somewhere
    3) tap End Trip

app captures starting time/location, ending time/location and a GPS trace along the route? what else?
    I personally want a start trip afyer I enter the name or building I left and then and end trip and the landmark name.

when I do mileage for work its star location, end location , mileage
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by lucilgood View Post
    Hello,

I would like the program to also log gas fillups, location and cost and provide actual mileage/gallon.

Lucy
    Lucy, thanks for the suggestion, but I will not be adding fueling stats. There are other apps available for that purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Please describe how you envision using GPS with a mileage tracking app.

i.e.:

1) tap Start Trip
    2) drive somewhere
    3) tap End Trip

app captures starting time/location, ending time/location and a GPS trace along the route? what else?
    You hit it right on the head. Capture a start point and end point and record total mileZ, by trip, exportable so expense reports can be generated easily saving everyone time. I know that it may calculate straight line rather than actual, but anything it better than the guessing that goes on now. Even if it could store waypoints and then plug them into a server. like Google, for actual real miles, but beggars can't be choosers. Basically something that doesn't require keying mileage, which is no quicker than a paper log...

Thanks!
  11.    #31  
    Release of the next version of Milez is...imminent...next day or two.

This new version will include user-definable vehicles & categories.

It will have a prefs Option to auto fill the mileage entries, based on the highest mileage previously entered for the current vehicle.

It will save the begin/end date & time & allow you to edit either.

It doesn't do anything with GPS yet.

The new version uses a different database format. It will require you to delete the existing version of Milez before installing. If you have any data you need to keep, I suggest you export it and save it in Excel prior to downloading the new version.
    So I was literally going to learn how to write a program for this phone just to have an app like this. I had already downloaded the SDK and all the other good stuff to start I just needed time.
    But anyway, this is a list of features Id love to see.
    1. Auto populate the beginning mileage (you said next ver)
    2. A time stamp that you can edit (I assume from what you said that will be in the next one too)
    3. This might be a little picky but, in the csv export can you create a row for the column labels.
    4. This would just be an extra cherry on top but if the export could be a csv attachment that would be cool and save us all a couple steps.

The program that I used on the Treo and liked was Quick Mile in all its basic no frills glory.

Thanks again for writing this app so I didn't have to.
  13.    #33  
    Version 0.2.0 has been sent to PreCentral, waiting to be published

WARNING: Delete v0.1.x prior to installing 0.2.0. If you need to save data, use the Export Data function in version 0.1.2 prior to deleting.

• Adds user-editable start date/time and end date/time (tap on field to edit, tap on clock icon to set to "now")
    • Adds user-configurable categories (preferences)
    • Adds user-configurable vehicles, with mileage and rate fields (preferences)
    • Adds autofill for mileages (preferences)
    • Adds ability to see note from main list scene (tap on file cabinet icon)
    Hi

new version does not work for me!

i uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled

under pref, vehicles and categories will only save until i exit the program, upon re-opening all that data is gone!

add trip does not save atall

the dropdown for category does not render properly the text is light blue with line eitherside, more like a table header and nothing is selectable (open sms app, and it like the message separator where it goes ---yesterday--------)

ideas, would it to be possible to have a default category and vehichle
    hey haeffb, this app looks great like the rest of your work it just keeps improving. A few things I noted and maybe it was just user error somewhere. I entered my default vehicle with a mileage under preferences, and everytime I added a new trip a 3 would be in the ending mileage. I noticed the rate area, is there or will there be a way to calculate what we are reimbursed. In the mileage fields it would be nice it the number were auto selected so that you don't have to hit the orange key to get to numbers. The fuel app by rbtwhiz does this, even if you type in a letter it autochanges it to a number. Is there a way to setup the trip so that if the trip generates a negative number it isn't valid and you are warned or not allowed to save the trip until it is fixed? Those are just a few suggestions I am sure you already have a todo list but my thoughts are that would make it a even better app than it already is. As an adminstrator we get reimbursed mileage I just hate keeping the log in my car to fill out this will be perfect because my phone never leaves me. Thanks for this app and agenda it is still going strong.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by searley View Post
    Hi

new version does not work for me!

i uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled

under pref, vehicles and categories will only save until i exit the program, upon re-opening all that data is gone!

add trip does not save atall

the dropdown for category does not render properly the text is light blue with line eitherside, more like a table header and nothing is selectable (open sms app, and it like the message separator where it goes ---yesterday--------)

ideas, would it to be possible to have a default category and vehichle
    There is something wrong with your database. I am surprised that deleting the app and re-installing did not fix the issue. What version of webOS are you running?

I have not added a default category and vehicle - it currently just saves whichever vehicle and category you last used. That is a possibility, though.

mamouton - It is supposed to add all but the last three digits of ending mileage if you have autoFill on in prefs. Are you driving a low-mileage vehicle where your beginning mileage is 3xxx? The mileage fields should not allow anything other than a 0-9 to be entered. I do not auto-select the mileage because that would negate some of the advantage of auto-fill. Might have to think about that a little further.
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    There is something wrong with your database. I am surprised that deleting the app and re-installing did not fix the issue. What version of webOS are you running?

I have not added a default category and vehicle - it currently just saves whichever vehicle and category you last used. That is a possibility, though.

mamouton - It is supposed to add all but the last three digits of ending mileage if you have autoFill on in prefs. Are you driving a low-mileage vehicle where your beginning mileage is 3xxx? The mileage fields should not allow anything other than a 0-9 to be entered. I do not auto-select the mileage because that would negate some of the advantage of auto-fill. Might have to think about that a little further.

im on 1.3.5.1 tried twice.. can you tell me the DB path see if i can delete it myself and reinstall??

as for categories if it remember the last then thats good
    BEAUTIFUL! I really think that the functionality in the new version is perfect. I think just a little polishing and it would be perfect the way it is.
    Again I would still love it if the csv was attached but I understand its easier said than done.
    If there was a save button that just took you back to the list and saved and a cancel button that would take you back and not save. (more or less the cancel button since now that it populates the mileage it saves that information if you dont fill anything else in)

The other thing and I assume that it ha something to do with the back end but in the csv I get a column labeled "dateformat" also is the name of the column "date" was changed to something like "begdate" I know all things are somewhat picky sounding but I want to tell you what I found as otherwise I love it.
    mamouton - It is supposed to add all but the last three digits of ending mileage if you have autoFill on in prefs. Are you driving a low-mileage vehicle where your beginning mileage is 3xxx? The mileage fields should not allow anything other than a 0-9 to be entered. I do not auto-select the mileage because that would negate some of the advantage of auto-fill. Might have to think about that a little further
    That was it my mileage was 3249 I was simulating testing the app at the time. That might be a good fyi for users to know, especially people with new cars that have low mileage. Under the options field (Other Pref is there) what is that for? The area I am referring to is under edit vehicle field. Here you can type letters in the mileage and rate fields. Will post a screen shot when I get home. Thanks again for the app.
  20.    #40  
    There's typically no "Cancel" in webOS. Back gesture is supposed to save your changes. In what instance would you want your changes not saved?

I'll look into attaching a CSV file - but I eventually want to export to a Google spreadsheet.

The database should be in /media/internal/.app_storage then a directory based on appname.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast