Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Finally! RadioTime for webOs is the best radio app in my opinion.

Since Kinoma is not available for webos yet, I was really missing listening to my local talk am radio stations that stream in wma, I used to be able to listen to them on my Treo 700p.
    As soon as I downloaded the RadioTime app, I had access to just about every terrestrial radio station in the US and the local Police/Fire scanners are cool too. I found that it will even play the station that normally only streams in WMA! However, its tricky and a bit inconsistent. No other Player can play wma streams that I know of for webos.

(EDIT) Apparently, someone mentioned that wma streams work because RadioTime might be transcoding them into a codec the Pre can play but like i said it works but its a bit inconsistant

**Finding it in the app catolog is not easy for some reason**
    Searching it will give no results, it seems hidden?

The only way to find it in the app catalog is, to press "Explore"--->then scroll to "Music"----> "Radio/Broadcasts"---> "RadioTime"

One last thing, once you have the app open, finding some stations can be a bit tricky because alot of times you need to enter the actual show name like "Rush Limbaugh" or "George Noory" either before the show starts or the first few minutes the show is in progress to get your local station based on your zip or GPS location. Make sure to set the station to a preset and when you want to play the show, make sure to press the preset only during the show's time slot in that timezone.
    Last edited by migs; 12/21/2009 at 08:04 PM.
    It's not possible for the Pre to play WMA streams right now, whether through this app or any other. Most likely is there's multiple feeds for the station you're listening to or something like that.
    Wow, just found this 'RadioTime' and yes its great. And there is a setting on the website to say not to provide any station that sends in WMA. So you won't have to deal with stations or podcasts that come in via WMA, which of course the Pre does not yet handle.

But there are more stations there then I would have thought.

And they make it real easy to find what you what, whatever your interest is in.

I'd say give it a try as well.

Rob

PS They do take donations if you like their service. I will make a donation if everything works as it looks like it does.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    radioreference dot com mobile site streams scanners to the pre the pre diddnt work in 1.2.1 but now it works on 1.3.1
    Coast to Coast AM great show.
    i cant get the radioreference.com to workl on my pre...it says "there was an error playin the file"...is there any way around this ??
    i cant get the radioreference.com to workl on my pre...it says "there was an error playin the file"...is there any way around this ??
    and i have the multi mod patch installed
    The iphone spoof is causing the problem. If you want to listen to the police scanners you will need to uninstall the iphone spoof. I had the same problem uninstalled the iphone tweak and the police scanners work. I don't know if I listen to police scanners enough to leave the iphone spoof off though.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Coast to Coast AM great show.
    I agree, part of the reason I search for an app like this was for this show. I like news of the weird...
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    One last thing, once you have the app open, finding some stations can be a bit tricky because alot of times you need to enter the actual show name like "Rush Limbaugh" or "George Noory" either before the show starts or the first few minutes the show is in progress to get your local station based on your zip or GPS location. Make sure to set the station to a preset and when you want to play the show, make sure to press the preset only during the show's time slot in that timezone.
    It's much easier if you just login to RadioTime.com and add your presets that way. They automatically get added to the RadioTime app on the Pre (and vice versa). Of course, not all stations can play on the Pre, but, it's still easier and you don't have to worry about whether or not a show is currently playing or not.
    Originally posted to the Comments section of today's PreCentral app review. For anyone having trouble finding a local station:

Spectacular. At least in the Boston area -- NEARLY all of the stations I listen to are available -- seems that all other CBS-radio stations are available here (WBZ and WBCN-streaming) except the 98.5 the sports hub. Not sure why that would be. I had previously dowloaded a few of the other radio apps but (at the time) they didn't seem to have the variety this one does. Kudos to Radiotime.

Edit - I was able to find the 98.5 Sports Hub station via the RadioTime web portal. Not sure why it didn't appear in my "local" station list alongside its sister stations. Anyway, I added it to my Favorite stations and it is now playable from my Pre. FYI to those of you looking for particular stations and unable to find them.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I have noticed that when I'm running RadioTime, I get the "too many cards"error even when only 2 cards are open. Hopefully the developer can fix this or maybe Palm?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    I have noticed that when I'm running RadioTime, I get the "too many cards"error even when only 2 cards are open. Hopefully the developer can fix this or maybe Palm?
    I can get 5 other cards in addition to RT open. Just a test with RT, browser, bubbles, email, photos, app catalog. What other apps are you trying to run?
    how do you tune into police scanners?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    how do you tune into police scanners?
    If available, they are under Local Radio.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    If at the gym, can I tune into a TV that has a radio tuner station... I'm not sure I'm asking this correctly, but at my gym the TV's there have a radio frequency I can tune into if I'd like to watch that program.... would I be able to do so with radiotime?
    For some stations the RadioTime web site does give options about which format you'd like to stream in. I'm trying to listen to KCRW Eclectic 24 music web-station ... I get an announcement, and then nothing. So I suspect it's streaming in Flash or WMA or something. But on the page that describes the station, it gives you a choice to listen in an MP3 stream! If there was just some way to make the specific MP3 stream a "Preset", I suspect it would work. But the Preset that gets saved just defaults back to the Flash (or whatever). I've sent them some email to see if this can be improved.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHO_ONE View Post
    If at the gym, can I tune into a TV that has a radio tuner station... I'm not sure I'm asking this correctly, but at my gym the TV's there have a radio frequency I can tune into if I'd like to watch that program.... would I be able to do so with radiotime?
    Nope. It's not that kind of app. It only 'tunes' into radio stations which broadcast via streaming over the internet.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    For some stations the RadioTime web site does give options about which format you'd like to stream in. I'm trying to listen to KCRW Eclectic 24 music web-station ... I get an announcement, and then nothing. So I suspect it's streaming in Flash or WMA or something. But on the page that describes the station, it gives you a choice to listen in an MP3 stream! If there was just some way to make the specific MP3 stream a "Preset", I suspect it would work. But the Preset that gets saved just defaults back to the Flash (or whatever). I've sent them some email to see if this can be improved.
    The streams are available on the website but not on the Pre because of licensing issues with Clear Channel. Licensed to stream over the website, but not licensed to stream to mobile devices yet. If/when a licensing agreement with Clear Channel is reached, those stations will be available on RadioTime for WebOS.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast