Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I have 4 or 5 Radio apps and RadioTime is definately my fav. I use it daily also. Thanks!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Hi,
    Just want to say that Radiotime is awsome. Lets me listen to my WFAN on my train ride to work. A couple of things

1) I saw the post in the thread about buffering and I have to say that whatever can be done to add a buffer would be huge for this app. I understand that you are just streaming in the data directly but couldnt you stream it directly into a buffer first then play the audio from there? Yes you would be 30 seconds behind but better to have an uninterrupted stream than missing the most important part of a radio show due to a network blip.

2) Can you explain how the blackouts work? Just wondering if there is anyway to listen to baseball games other than mlb network.

3) I find that when I use radiotime my battery gets drained super fast. Its not a huge deal because I just drop my phone onto my touchstone at work but i will drop 20% per hour streaming. I am running the uberkernal at 800mhz but in screenoff state (500mhz) so I am not sure if thats a culprit.

Appreciate the work on the app.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    Hi,
    Just want to say that Radiotime is awsome. Lets me listen to my WFAN on my train ride to work. A couple of things

1) I saw the post in the thread about buffering and I have to say that whatever can be done to add a buffer would be huge for this app. I understand that you are just streaming in the data directly but couldnt you stream it directly into a buffer first then play the audio from there? Yes you would be 30 seconds behind but better to have an uninterrupted stream than missing the most important part of a radio show due to a network blip.
    That's how it's currently done. However, developers don't have any control over the buffer size. So, it just buffers until gstreamer says it's ready and then plays it. Network blips are a reality with a non-fixed length, live stream. There's error correction for a downloaded mp3 and since it's an mp3, the length of the file and the data contained in it are known. With a live stream, if a network blip does occur, there's no possible way to recover as what's on has no fixed length and is in real time. I wish there were more controls for audio in WebOS but it is very very basic.

2) Can you explain how the blackouts work? Just wondering if there is anyway to listen to baseball games other than mlb network.
    Wikipedia has a good article on blackouts and can do a better job of explaining it than I can. Broadcasting Blackouts The possible way to listen to a game is to find a local station that you know broadcasts games over the radio. Sometimes, they will forget to turn off their internet stream during the game and the game will be streamed.

3) I find that when I use radiotime my battery gets drained super fast. Its not a huge deal because I just drop my phone onto my touchstone at work but i will drop 20% per hour streaming. I am running the uberkernal at 800mhz but in screenoff state (500mhz) so I am not sure if thats a culprit.
    It is what it is. It's been optimized as best it can be. There's only one way of implementing audio streaming in WebOS. Pull times from the servers are spaced out as much as possible. Ads use very little bandwidth. There's not much else that we can do to get the battery usage down. It's the audio streaming that kills the battery as the network connection has to constantly remain open.

Appreciate the work on the app.
    Expect an updated user interface and some audio improvements (due to the 1.4.X audio system changes) in the next day or so.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
    Doc, WQAM isn't streaming again, anything you can do?
    Thank you very, very much for your help.
    Update to 1.1, so what's up Doc?
    Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Doc, WQAM isn't streaming again, anything you can do?
    Thank you very, very much for your help.
    I've sent off the support request to update the mp3 stream.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Unfortunatly, RadioTime does not work for me. It can't fetch my presets from the site, and I can't get any stations to show up on it under any categories, attempting re-installiing/re-booting, no change.

I don't suppose Bell is blocking it again are they?
    Corey Quilliam
    Palm Pre - Bell Mobility

Pre Drop Count: 1
    Current Damage: None

Accessories:
    - BSE Front Skin (meh, could be better)
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cquilliam View Post
    Unfortunatly, RadioTime does not work for me. It can't fetch my presets from the site, and I can't get any stations to show up on it under any categories, attempting re-installiing/re-booting, no change.

I don't suppose Bell is blocking it again are they?
    Yes, that's definitely a Bell Canada block. Call *66 and ask for an upper level tech support person to unblock opml.radiotime.com on your phone.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    i tried to get police scanners with this app and it would not work where i live .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i tried to get police scanners with this app and it would not work where i live .
    Sure works swell in the San Diego area. I listen to my favorite news stations, my favorite talk radio stations, my favorite sports talk radio stations, and two of the three feeds for police calls in my area simply works. Love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeekster View Post
    Sure works swell in the San Diego area. I listen to my favorite news stations, my favorite talk radio stations, my favorite sports talk radio stations, and two of the three feeds for police calls in my area simply works. Love it!
    thats great for you lol . ha !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    thats great for you lol . ha !
    I also checked out the Port Charlotte, Fl for my son - he gets no "local" police reports there either. Its kinda dependent upon the feeds/formats available isn't it.

~~~

Just re-read the last few posts and want to clarify I'm not just trying to be insensitive to your local result/frustration - was just trying to point out that the same is not true for all areas and doing a rather poor job in the process. I'm too old to go in for "sensitivity training" , but I could do a lot better job in how I respond to posts in here to explain where I'm coming from. <sigh>
    Last edited by oldgeekster; 06/15/2010 at 01:35 PM.
    DocLee,

I found a podcast through RadioTime that I would like to be able to listen to regularly. Is there any way to determine what the URL is for the feed so I can add it in to drPodder?

Thanks
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I would like to be able to listen to this station:

101 The Fox - Kansas City's Only Classic Rock Station

This is the address for their audio stream:

Cumulus Streaming Player

Is it possible to add that one to RadioTime?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    DocLee,

I found a podcast through RadioTime that I would like to be able to listen to regularly. Is there any way to determine what the URL is for the feed so I can add it in to drPodder?

Thanks
    We're not allowed to give out most direct podcast URLs. Sorry.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I would like to be able to listen to this station:

101 The Fox - Kansas City's Only Classic Rock Station

This is the address for their audio stream:

Cumulus Streaming Player

Is it possible to add that one to RadioTime?
    No, it's not possible. Cumulus streams in WMA over mms. WebOS doesn't have support for either WMA or the mms protocol.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Had this App for a while now. I heart it.

Edit: I would like to get... 106.1 KMEL, 94.9 KYLD, and 98.5 KFOX (bay area) though but it's no biggie.
    Is there a way to get Radiotime (or any other radio station streaming app) to open a particular radio station upon start? I'd like to set this up on a Mode Switcher mode...
    doclee,

Couple of questions about Clear Channel stations...

1. Do they stream in a format that webOS and RadioTime theoretically could support (if there were no licensing restrictions)?

2. Is "I Heart Radio" the only app that is allowed to stream their stations?

Jim
    My device history:

- Jim J.

the people there have been great supporting me in trying to listen to my favoriye sportstalk show, The Bob Kemp Show, on KDUS. KDUS does not do a very good job in cooperating with the appdevelopers in maintaining a consistent transmission. Again, thank you, RadioTime!

Tim
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast