Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Thanks, Doc. For the selections available on RadioTime, I'll take the extra power usage.
    Heya doclee. Nice app. Great that it includes the shoutcast streams, and even some podcasts. I'm coming from using Hibiki, DrPodder, Slacker, and a couple others I tried. So far, I'm liking Radiotime's organization and broad list of sources.

A couple of things that would make this my primary streaming/pod app:

1) ability to manually add our own streams or podcasts. The palmcast, for example, isn't listed on radiotime's index!

2) stream information for streaming stations. I know this used to be a problem with the APIs, but hibiki, and broadcast somehow were able to do it.

3) (minor, since it can be done on the website) - ability to re-order presets.

Thanks again for your hard work on this. It's really nice, and definitely a little easier to use than some of the others.
    : (){:|:&};:
    I love the Police Scanners..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I'm still hoping that RadioTime can work out some licensing deal and be able to play Clear Channel radio stations
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Heya doclee. Nice app. Great that it includes the shoutcast streams, and even some podcasts. I'm coming from using Hibiki, DrPodder, Slacker, and a couple others I tried. So far, I'm liking Radiotime's organization and broad list of sources.

A couple of things that would make this my primary streaming/pod app:

1) ability to manually add our own streams or podcasts. The palmcast, for example, isn't listed on radiotime's index!
    If you know of something that you'd like to see added, and you know it either has an mp3 or aac stream (and isn't a Clear Channel station), then just send me an email at the support email address in the application. I'd like to keep things centralized rather than just have everybody go ape adding a bunch of different stations and then having to handle support requests for why the stations they've personally added don't work.

2) stream information for streaming stations. I know this used to be a problem with the APIs, but hibiki, and broadcast somehow were able to do it.
    I wrote BroadCAST Radio which was the first app that retreived streaming information. However, it's not true streaming information, i.e. metadata. It just polls the SHOUTcast server html page every X number of seconds and grabs the information from there. Hibiki implements it in the same way. The problem with RadioTime is that the streaming servers aren't SHOUTcast servers and each individual radio station runs their own stream. There's currently no way to pull that information down unless I poll the RadioTime servers for that information every X seconds. I can't do that because it doesn't scale for over 150,000 users using the app on WebOS. We tried it in the first release of the application. After about 10,000 users, the server nearly crashed. This really needs to be implemented properly in WebOS' gstreamer audio server by Palm. Gstreamer is capable of retrieving metadata directly from the stream itself but the API implementation (if it exists) isn't in the SDK yet.

3) (minor, since it can be done on the website) - ability to re-order presets.
    This has to be done at the website since there's no way to send the reordered list back up to the website. Since Presets are hosted in the cloud and are retrieved each time you hit the Presets button, the reordered list would be back to the website order as soon as you re-hit the Presets button.

Thanks again for your hard work on this. It's really nice, and definitely a little easier to use than some of the others.
    You're welcome. I'm glad I could put it out there for everybody.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    I'm still hoping that RadioTime can work out some licensing deal and be able to play Clear Channel radio stations
    David versus Goliath.
    Quick question. I just found this ap and think it's amazing. So i go to the website, set up and account and some quick presets. But for some reason i can't sign on using my pre. I enter the account information and password, click sign in, the pre animates the working circle for a few seconds, and nothing happens. I can still listen to all the stations but i cant sign in to use my preset. Anyone know what the deal is ?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucidlore View Post
    Quick question. I just found this ap and think it's amazing. So i go to the website, set up and account and some quick presets. But for some reason i can't sign on using my pre. I enter the account information and password, click sign in, the pre animates the working circle for a few seconds, and nothing happens. I can still listen to all the stations but i cant sign in to use my preset. Anyone know what the deal is ?
    Give it a little bit. It's a server side security certificate issue that we're sorting out right now.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Doc, for the last few days I've been unable to listen to WQAM, I get the Unable to Play Stream error message.
    I've deleted it out presets, readded it and it still won't work. My other presets are fine.

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by patchs; 05/10/2010 at 12:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Doc, for the last few days I've been unable to listen to WQAM, I get the Unable to Play Stream error message.
    I've deleted it out presets, readded it and it still won't work. My other presets are fine.

Thanks for any help.
    Should be fixed in the next few hours. Streaming address changed.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    Should be fixed in the next few hours. Streaming address changed.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Thank you very much, without a doubt, RT is the best app on my Pre.
    radiotime does not have ANY clear channel stations. In the SF bay area, this means that they do not have 106.1 KMEL, wild94.9 KYLD, and 98.5 KFOX.. BOGUS!!!
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    radiotime does not have ANY clear channel stations. In the SF bay area, this means that they do not have 106.1 KMEL, wild94.9 KYLD, and 98.5 KFOX.. BOGUS!!!
    Guess what? Nobody has any Clear Channel stations. Clear Channel doesn't allow their stations to be streamed to mobile devices without licensed consent. However, we do stream a lot of their syndicated shows and do list shows, not just stations. For stations that largely do music and non-talk, it's not like those stations are really playing anything that the other stations that aren't Clear Channel stations aren't.

This Clear Channel thing has been discussed to death.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    Guess what? Nobody has any Clear Channel stations. Clear Channel doesn't allow their stations to be streamed to mobile devices without licensed consent. However, we do stream a lot of their syndicated shows and do list shows, not just stations. For stations that largely do music and non-talk, it's not like those stations are really playing anything that the other stations that aren't Clear Channel stations aren't.

This Clear Channel thing has been discussed to death.

Doc

RadioTime Developer

actually, there is, the one thing that I would want to listen to through the app is 98.5. That is the SJ sharks radio station and you cant stream it to the pre cause there is no flash functions yet..

question to the radiotime folks, what does it take to be able to offer clear channel stations through your app, you have to pay them millions?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    actually, there is, the one thing that I would want to listen to through the app is 98.5. That is the SJ sharks radio station and you cant stream it to the pre cause there is no flash functions yet..
    The Sharks should be on more than one station. They are listed as being broadcast on several stations in our database such as Sports 1140 KHTK out of Sacramento which does stream to the Pre. During the game, try going to Sports->Hockey or NHL and you should see a listing of all games being broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan
    question to the radiotime folks, what does it take to be able to offer clear channel stations through your app, you have to pay them millions?
    Every licensing agreement is different and generally the terms aren't disclosed.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Doc,

I just wanted to say that RadioTime is my favorite app. I use it EVERYDAY. I also tell anyone and everyone about it. Great, great job out of you folks!
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Doc,

I just wanted to say that RadioTime is my favorite app. I use it EVERYDAY. I also tell anyone and everyone about it. Great, great job out of you folks!
    Thank you. I and the rest of the RadioTime team greatly appreciate your support.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    I also love this app, and use it contstantly. It's fun to listen to the Antioch Radio Network, which plays old radio shows from the 30s/40s/50s--there's something cool about using a smartphone to grab a stream off the net and play it through the aux jack--when it's something like "The Shadow" that was made 60 years ago!

I only wish somebody could convince RTE.ie to stream in some format other than RealPlayer.
    Doclee...i would like to say that i luv luv luv your app....use it every day.... use it heavily when going out of town trips...listening to comedy stations =)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Doclee...i would like to say that i luv luv luv your app....use it every day.... use it heavily when going out of town trips...listening to comedy stations =)
    +1 - I've said it elsewhere - RadioTime is absolutely one of my favorite Apps on the Palm Pre Plus!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast