Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Question for you, as I didn't see it addressed here. I created presets from the website and they loaded fine to my Pre. When I go into them, I can play some radio stations, but others, when I press on them, nothing happens (it doesn't even launch the station or anything). Do you know why that is? For instance 94.1 out of Omaha, NE plays fine, but Capital 95.8 out of London doesn't, nor does 106.3 KFRX out of Lincoln, NE.
    I use a lot RadioTime while driving to work, but I can't listen anymore to Bloomberg radio.

Can someone let me know why?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaihawk View Post
    Question for you, as I didn't see it addressed here. I created presets from the website and they loaded fine to my Pre. When I go into them, I can play some radio stations, but others, when I press on them, nothing happens (it doesn't even launch the station or anything). Do you know why that is? For instance 94.1 out of Omaha, NE plays fine, but Capital 95.8 out of London doesn't, nor does 106.3 KFRX out of Lincoln, NE.
    Please see the section under Help called "Why are some stations missing?" in version 1.0.7. They stream in a format incompatible with the Palm Pre (usually WMA). When you click the station in the Presets, an error message pops up stating that the station is unavailable.

Doc
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dadiuta07 View Post
    I use a lot RadioTime while driving to work, but I can't listen anymore to Bloomberg radio.

Can someone let me know why?

Thanks.

Define "can't listen anymore to Bloomberg radio." It's listed. It streams on multiple stations. Podcasts are also available for Bloomberg on the economy.

Doc
    Sorry, I can listen to podcasts but not to live streaming, on local stations. I can do that for wsj or others but not for Bloomberg. It seems that their signal is scrambled. It is like someone is speaking very fast.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dadiuta07 View Post
    Sorry, I can listen to podcasts but not to live streaming, on local stations. I can do that for wsj or others but not for Bloomberg. It seems that their signal is scrambled. It is like someone is speaking very fast.

Thanks.
    That's the AAC+ audio codec bug in WebOS 1.3.5.

Bug report filed

Should be fixed by Palm in the next version of WebOS.

Doc
    Did someone say presets? How do I do that?

Also, I noticed once I got successfully signed in to a username/account, now I am never prompted to log in. Does it keep me "logged in" all the time?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lc96 View Post
    Did someone say presets? How do I do that?

Also, I noticed once I got successfully signed in to a username/account, now I am never prompted to log in. Does it keep me "logged in" all the time?
    Presets requires registration. Once you register, you'll see a new menu item called Presets (you may need to restart the application...update to 1.0.7 if you haven't already and it'll be there right after registration).

Then (as per the navigation Help section...it's there for a reason), where ever you see a green star, just click it to add the show or station to the Presets menu.

In addition, you can also login to RadioTime.com using the same username and password you used during registration and can add/delete/organize your Presets and they'll automatically be saved on your phone as well. This is why registration is required...because your Presets are actually kept on the RadioTime.com server so you can listen to your Presets on the phone, on the web, or on other devices such as RadioTime for Windows Media Center or one of the Iphone apps or Android apps powered by RadioTime. Note that not all stations/shows listed on the RadioTime.com website are available in Palm WebOS due to licensing and audio format compatibility (no WMA support in WebOS for instance).

The application only uses your username/password for Presets. There's no real "logging in" happening. It just needs a way to pull down your particular Presets from the server.

Doc
    This is my favorite app now. Wish I had found it when it was released in December. Have been using mypreradio.com and thestreamcenter.com/pda. Radio Time replaces all of them. Hopefully when webOS 1.4 arrives RadioTime will be upgraded to take advantage of all of the stations that stream via flash.
    I especially like being able to search for a show like Dennis Miller or Doug Stephan and being able to find a station airing it. A great feature of that is showing the remaining time left of the show on a particular station. Also am impressed with the podcast listings.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    RadioTime has been updated to 1.08 now has a sleep timer.
    After playing station, press the clock icon and pick a time

Great update! Will save on precious battery life for sure.
    Is there an issue with Bell blocking evdo connections again? For the past week or so I have been unable to connect unless I use wifi. The old trick of starting up on wifi then switching over seems to not work either as the feed cuts off once the wifi signal is lost.

I have a good connection, web browsing and other apps connect fine. I haven't changed any settings/patches in this time, it just stopped working one day. Have tried restarting my pre and reinstalling radiotime to no effect.

edit, called bell yesterday and after 30 minutes on the phone with them, they had me restart my phone and after that radiotime worked. tried to use it again 2 hours later and its not connecting again. has anyone gone through that twice with bell?
    Last edited by smatts; 02/28/2010 at 10:33 AM.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    That's the AAC+ audio codec bug in WebOS 1.3.5.

Should be fixed by Palm in the next version of WebOS.

Doc
    I'm still getting the chipmunk sounds on certain stations with 1.4.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marke5860 View Post
    I'm still getting the chipmunk sounds on certain stations with 1.4.
    I already filed the bug report on it still being broken in 1.4.

STILL BROKEN: AAC+ Audio codec still broken in WebOS 1.4
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smatts View Post
    Is there an issue with Bell blocking evdo connections again? For the past week or so I have been unable to connect unless I use wifi. The old trick of starting up on wifi then switching over seems to not work either as the feed cuts off once the wifi signal is lost.
    Sounds like it's connecting to RadioTime just fine over Wifi. Remember, RadioTime isn't like Pandora. We don't stream the stations. RadioTime only organizes and directs to streams. The rest is up to the individual radio station itself and their streaming server. What you're describing is a problem between your phone and the particular radio station if the feed or stream drops out.

Doc
    IS there a way for RadioTime to start with the same/last station it previously played? I hate to go down several level of preset folders just to get where I want. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kzmj View Post
    IS there a way for RadioTime to start with the same/last station it previously played? I hate to go down several level of preset folders just to get where I want. Thanks.
    No. The issue is that stations change their stream addresses all of the time. That's why Presets are stored in the cloud rather than on the device itself so they are always up to date and accurate. If we stored a stream address of the previously played station on the device itself and it changed, you'd just get an error and I'd probably be flooded with a bunch of email daily as to why a certain station isn't available or playing anymore. I don't know if that's worth the effort to deal with right now.

Doc
    Has anyone had issues with a sensitive earphone jack causing any & all audio apps to stop playing?
    I am a huge New York Mets fan and have discovered that by using the RADIO TIME app that I can pull in the flagship radio station of the Mets, WFAN. This is HUGE!! Ok its not the MLB Gameday experience but really folks its the way to listen to a game. Home town announcers, commercials - YIPPEE! Oh and its FREE!!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Radiotime seems to use up the Pre battery faster than Pandora, although I still like it much better! Has anyone else noticed this?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clymber View Post
    Radiotime seems to use up the Pre battery faster than Pandora, although I still like it much better! Has anyone else noticed this?
    Of course it does. With Pandora, you're downloading a single mp3 file. The EVDO connection is open for as long as it takes to download that mp3 file (less than a 20 seconds on a good connection). The connection is then closed until the file is done playing. The program then re-establishes the connection to Pandora to download another file. This is why Pandora isn't true streaming radio. It's nothing more than an mp3 file server. RadioTime on the other hand needs to keep the EVDO connection open. Because RadioTime is true, live streaming radio, the mp3 (or aac) file that it downloads is infinitely long. Therefore, the connection to the streaming server needs to stay constantly up and open which ends up draining battery faster. Those are the trade-offs; a much better, larger selection of real radio streams at the cost of battery life.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast