Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Yes I do have version 1.06. The spinning wheel is the default WebOS style one that you see in many apps...I do have a few Homebrew patches installed, might one of these be causing a problem? (the spinning wheel is white and grey)

Thanks for your support,

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    Ok. So let's walk through this. You're on the main menu (first one). You click on Local Radio (there's a spinner there). It shows your local stations. Then you click on one and it goes to the player screen and you see a spinner again? There isn't a spinner on that page at all.

Or do you get the spinner when you click on the local radio and nothing happens but the spinner? If it's just clicking on Local Radio that shows the spinner and nothing else, then you need to move closer to a window and give it a second to acquire your GPS location. Local Radio is tied into the GPS. Make sure you're allowing the application to use location services when the app starts up. You'll get a list of states if it hasn't acquired your GPS location.

Doc
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    Ok. So let's walk through this. You're on the main menu (first one). You click on Local Radio (there's a spinner there). It shows your local stations. Then you click on one and it goes to the player screen and you see a spinner again? There isn't a spinner on that page at all.

Or do you get the spinner when you click on the local radio and nothing happens but the spinner? If it's just clicking on Local Radio that shows the spinner and nothing else, then you need to move closer to a window and give it a second to acquire your GPS location. Local Radio is tied into the GPS. Make sure you're allowing the application to use location services when the app starts up. You'll get a list of states if it hasn't acquired your GPS location.

Doc
    It gets the list of local stations fine, when I click on the station it gets the spinner. So if I want to listen I back up and use search, search for a station in my area choose it and it works fine. Thanks again.

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    It gets the list of local stations fine, when I click on the station it gets the spinner. So if I want to listen I back up and use search, search for a station in my area choose it and it works fine. Thanks again.

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    I don't see how that's possible as there isn't a spinner on the page you're talking about. Try deleting the app and reinstalling. There might be some weird overwrite problem going on.

Doc
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    I don't see how that's possible as there isn't a spinner on the page you're talking about. Try deleting the app and reinstalling. There might be some weird overwrite problem going on.

Doc
    I already did that, I removed it and reinstalled...

I have attached a pic of the local stations screen with the spinner...

Let me know if this helps...

Thanks, again...

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I already did that, I removed it and reinstalled...

I have attached a pic of the local stations screen with the spinner...

Let me know if this helps...

Thanks, again...

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    That does help. It should go directly to the player scene when clicking on a local station. That's redirecting to the show scene. Does it do that for all of your local stations or only that one?

It should only do that for "links" and that station is definitely listed in the database as audio or it wouldn't work from search scene either.

First time I've seen this happen and I can't give you a reason why it happens. What patches do you have installed?
    It happens with all the stations in my 'local stations' section.

Again, I had freshly installed WebOS Doctor 1.3.5 it reloaded all my App Store apps, then I upgraded to 1.3.5.1, then I upgraded RadioTime to current. The patches I have installed are few since I just reinstalled; 4x4 v3, Add-date MM/DD, Enable LED Notifications, Hide Nascar, Hide NFL, KeyToss, Reduce Min Brightness, Show SSID, Unhide Dev Mode.

Hope this helps.

CaliMark (Mark Reed)

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    @DocLee

It seems I only have this issue when I don't login to my account.

When I login the 'local stations' work as they should.

Hope this helps you track down the bug.

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    @DocLee

It seems I only have this issue when I don't login to my account.

When I login the 'local stations' work as they should.

Hope this helps you track down the bug.

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    Ah, that would make sense. In the latest version, a USERNAME tag was added to everything. So it's essentially screwing up the ajax request by having a null USERNAME=&serial=098498104...

Should be easy to fix. Just remove the username from the call or do a check for it.

Doc
    Anyone have any problems with particular radio stations? The past few days i've been trying to listen to espn980 (DC local radio) and it just sounds like everything is sped up and i'm listening to an alvin and the chipmunks station.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by enee1 View Post
    Anyone have any problems with particular radio stations? The past few days i've been trying to listen to espn980 (DC local radio) and it just sounds like everything is sped up and i'm listening to an alvin and the chipmunks station.
    It's a bug in the AAC+ audio codec in WebOS 1.3.5. I've filed a bug report with Palm about it so we'll have to wait for an OS update before it's fixed.

Doc
    Has anyone in the UK managed to install RadioTime??

If I go into App Catalog, then Explore to Music-->Radio/Broadcasts, RadioTime just doesn't appear!

I do have Preware though, and it does appear in Preware's list of packages. However, when I try to install from Preware, I am told my OS needs updating. But I only just upgraded to v1.3.5.2.

So how do I actually get hold of RadioTime?
    This app drains my battery like no tomorrow! Even when it's plugged in charging---it drops my battery percentage so fast! I don't get it?!
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by short_round View Post
    This app drains my battery like no tomorrow! Even when it's plugged in charging---it drops my battery percentage so fast! I don't get it?!
    No more than any other full streaming audio application. Everybody uses the same HTML5 implementation to connect to gstreamer. If it's draining your battery even when plugged in, you've got a problem with your battery. Even charging over USB, the standard Pre battery can be charged to full while running a high quality mp3 stream.

Doc
    For those wishing to stream frequencies from Radioreference.com, I found that the new Homebrew app UberRadio works. I added in a couple stream links, and it worked. There is a pretty good delay (buffer issue I believe), but I got it working.
    radio time whit wma wow can't wait.....i hope palm pre handle then i miss my radios from my country in windows media player 9 well bifore i got the pal centro an kinoma player
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    RadioTime is may favorite app right now (I started this thread) Anyway, I also notice the obvious battery drain with extended use and most of the time I forget to turn off radiotime and I have found my phone dead in my pocket several times. So I wanted to suggest to the developers if a variable sleep timer can be added if possible? That way we can safeguard our limited battery life on the Pre in case we forget to pause RadioTime.
    Last edited by migs; 02/03/2010 at 12:51 PM.
    This is a great app but I also think it needs a sleep timer.
    Hey DocLee - just a few notes: I see that for at least one of my stations it displays the advertised "related" station (flick to the right) image for the station instead of the actual correct Station image. Sometimes it's not even the one to the right but a suggestion from a different session. Basically - it's not displaying the correct station image.

Specifically I only really use Air 1 (KHRI) but i'm pretty sure i've seen it with my other stations now and then.

Also - that same station (Air 1) was at 128k when radiotime first came out, then dropped to not working at all for about a week or more, and now is back but only at 24k - though the radiotime links to a web interface links to a 128k MP3 stream. Is there a reason this is turned down to 24? can you re-activate the 128k stream? what determines this? Also - i dont know if I just got used to the 24k feed or if it's actually 128 and just tagged wrong? It's been sounding ok lately so I dont know if it's just labelled wrong?

Did they cut back to 24k on this station because of buffer issues?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenoum View Post
    Hey DocLee - just a few notes: I see that for at least one of my stations it displays the advertised "related" station (flick to the right) image for the station instead of the actual correct Station image. Sometimes it's not even the one to the right but a suggestion from a different session. Basically - it's not displaying the correct station image.

Specifically I only really use Air 1 (KHRI) but i'm pretty sure i've seen it with my other stations now and then.
    Station images are pulled from Amazon. So, it's probably a problem with Amazon's images. We manipulate the file extension and image size in the app, but that's only replacing a few letters and the extension. They aren't going to be right 100% of the time but they're close.

Also - that same station (Air 1) was at 128k when radiotime first came out, then dropped to not working at all for about a week or more, and now is back but only at 24k - though the radiotime links to a web interface links to a 128k MP3 stream. Is there a reason this is turned down to 24? can you re-activate the 128k stream? what determines this? Also - i dont know if I just got used to the 24k feed or if it's actually 128 and just tagged wrong? It's been sounding ok lately so I dont know if it's just labelled wrong?

Did they cut back to 24k on this station because of buffer issues?

Thanks!
    Stations change their audio streaming format all of the time and often have different feeds they prefer to use for mobile devices versus web streaming (mainly due to speed). 128K in mp3 ends up being a lot of money in bandwidth costs at the end of the month so a lot of them are switching to the AAC and AAC+ audio codecs which allow for lower bandwidth but equivalent quality. The listing of the bandwidth should only be used as a reference as it does not necessarily indicate which stream you'll receive as we attempt to shuffle between feeds based on whether or not the particular stream is up or down. Most stations have multiple feeds with preferred feeds getting the higher priority based on the error reporting system... In other words, it's pretty complicated but it works. You listen with your ears, not your eyes.

Doc
    Thx for the quick reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast