Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 157
  1. #21  
    stupid question but where is this app? Don't see it in pre ware or app catalog?
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidsnake96 View Post
    stupid question but where is this app? Don't see it in pre ware or app catalog?
    Saw this issue earlier... either in the posts above or in the comments under the PreCentral homepage review. Apparently it's not possible to search in the app catalog to search for this by name. You either must show all apps and scroll until you find it or drill down by app category until the list gets narrow enough so that you see it (I don't know the full drill-down sequence though.

    Finally, if you want to go there directly, use your Pre / Pixi to view the Precentral review and click on the link there - it will take you to the app catalog page for this app.
  3. migs's Avatar
    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
       #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidsnake96 View Post
    stupid question but where is this app? Don't see it in pre ware or app catalog?
    Read the first post
  4. #24  
    This is a great app and you can't beat the price.
  5. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidsnake96 View Post
    stupid question but where is this app? Don't see it in pre ware or app catalog?
    Link to App Catalog - RadioTime (Only click on it if you are on your Pre/Pixi)
  6. #26  
    Love this app so far, only problem so far is the stations I listen to in my area don't stream on it.
  7. #27  
    Can someone explain why Apps in the App Catalogue can't be searchable, but only available via drill down? Is this an App Store issue, or is the maker of the software not submitting it with the proper tags to the App Store? ...just wondering what other apps I am missing that I haven't discovered yet.
  8. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by visigothwarrior View Post
    Can someone explain why Apps in the App Catalogue can't be searchable, but only available via drill down? Is this an App Store issue, or is the maker of the software not submitting it with the proper tags to the App Store? ...just wondering what other apps I am missing that I haven't discovered yet.
    App Catalog problem. It was supposed to be fixed by the 24th. Still hasn't been resolved. All of the proper app information was submitted.
  9. migs's Avatar
    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
       #29  
    @Doclee, any word if RadioTime will have better support for ClearChannel radio stations like iheart radio does?
  10. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    @Doclee, any word if RadioTime will have better support for ClearChannel radio stations like iheart radio does?
    iHeart Radio is Clear Channel. They don't just "support" Clear Channel. They are Clear Channel. That said, if/when RadioTime reaches a licensing agreement with Clear Channel to list their stations on mobile devices, then they'll be listed. If not, then, well, there's not much we can do about it. It's all about the licensing. All that needs to be done is flipping a switch. Until then, most Clear Channel shows that are syndicated are carried on non-Clear Channel stations so search and Preset them or login at RadioTime.com and Preset them to see if there's a stream available on the Pre/Pixi.

    Doc
  11. #31  
    Love this app, use it every day, hoping it evolves as time goes by.
  12. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #32  
    It is evolving. You'll notice there are a lot more podcasts listed in the podcast section than when it was initially released. The next version was just uploaded last night to Palm's app review team and includes a new user interface design.

    We've included a few more things in addition to the user interface design such as a schedule of programs and recommended stations/programs (clickable) in a nice easy to use side scrolling interface. Just swipe your finger across the bottom area and you'll see the additional information.

    Doc
    Attached Images Attached Images
  13. #33  
    I'm having problems with the app dropping the stream - and then taking forever to pick it back up again. If i hit pause and then play again it comes up right away.

    Is there a way to show active feedback that the app is re-buffering the stream? That is - if the stream stalls - it should show the buffering indicator again until it resumes. Would this be particular to my station as far as how it re-starts the stream? I use it on the road and haven't had any problems with streams from pandora or two other radio apps (accu, ect) even dropping connection at all (great service area). Station is Air 1 90.7 KHRI. Assuming this is more general of a problem though.

    Thanks! Either way im just glad to have Air 1 back for my ride to work
  14. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenoum View Post
    I'm having problems with the app dropping the stream - and then taking forever to pick it back up again. If i hit pause and then play again it comes up right away.

    Is there a way to show active feedback that the app is re-buffering the stream? That is - if the stream stalls - it should show the buffering indicator again until it resumes. Would this be particular to my station as far as how it re-starts the stream? I use it on the road and haven't had any problems with streams from pandora or two other radio apps (accu, ect) even dropping connection at all (great service area). Station is Air 1 90.7 KHRI. Assuming this is more general of a problem though.

    Thanks! Either way im just glad to have Air 1 back for my ride to work

    It's the nature of constant streaming. Neither Pandora nor AccuRadio (we carry most of their streams) are a constant stream. Both download and play a single song meaning that it's much easier to keep a full buffer even in areas of poor connection (which happens when you use it on the road) because the buffer length is a single song. For constant streaming, the buffer is only as large as the live stream permits, rather short. Right now, WebOS uses HTML5 audio "standards" for connecting audio to the interface. They're not well documented at all on either the developer site or in the HTML5 "standards". The event handlers are confusing without full documentation and I've gotten rid of the little buffering animation in the latest release for these reasons. It will make a reappearance in later releases as soon as I can get everything sorted out with it. There is no buffering indicator that I know of in the HTML5 standards. The "Pause" event handler doesn't seem to work in my implementation of it even though every other event handler works. I think Pause would be the one to use to get something where I could make a pseudo-buffering indicator.

    The other explanation is that it's just a slow stream with low bandwidth. As I said, RadioTime has no control over the individual streams. If an individual stream is just slow, there's not much we can do about it. I can definitely tell you that it's not a general problem with the program, though. Most streams play just fine.

    Doc
    Last edited by DocLee; 01/05/2010 at 02:42 PM.
  15. #35  
    I see the update is out, thanks, this is my most used app. Keep making it better.
  16. #36  
    Has anyone else noticed that if you go into your local stations and select one of them it doesn't start to stream? If I search for the radio station it will start to play just fine. Is this just for me and my location or for others as well? Also, where is the browse section? I have to go into search and type a state name to find stations in other states? Is there a way like the previous version?

    Thanks.

    CaliMark (Mark Reed)
  17. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that if you go into your local stations and select one of them it doesn't start to stream? If I search for the radio station it will start to play just fine. Is this just for me and my location or for others as well? Also, where is the browse section? I have to go into search and type a state name to find stations in other states? Is there a way like the previous version?

    Thanks.

    CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    Local Stations work the same way as Search does. There's no difference between the link for the station under Local or under Search. They both lead to the exact same playlist. They both are working just fine over here.

    There wasn't a "browse" only section under 1.0.5. There was a "browse location" that became "World" in 1.0.6. So to get to the other states, go to World->North America->United States and select the state you want to browse. Or go to Search and type in the state.

    Doc
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    Local Stations work the same way as Search does. There's no difference between the link for the station under Local or under Search. They both lead to the exact same playlist. They both are working just fine over here.

    There wasn't a "browse" only section under 1.0.5. There was a "browse location" that became "World" in 1.0.6. So to get to the other states, go to World->North America->United States and select the state you want to browse. Or go to Search and type in the state.

    Doc
    @DocLee

    Thanks, for the tip on going into the world section for the Browsing...

    But, I still do seem to have an issue when I go into 'Local Radio' and click on any station it just sits there with the spinning wheel icon. If I goto search and type in the station call letters then the stream will start fine.

    I have a freshly doctor PRE and did the latest update to RadioTime and then started to have the issue. Since I have a workaround no big deal, just wanted the issues out there.

    Thanks, for the quick reply.

    CaliMark (Mark Reed)
  19. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    @DocLee

    Thanks, for the tip on going into the world section for the Browsing...

    But, I still do seem to have an issue when I go into 'Local Radio' and click on any station it just sits there with the spinning wheel icon. If I goto search and type in the station call letters then the stream will start fine.

    I have a freshly doctor PRE and did the latest update to RadioTime and then started to have the issue. Since I have a workaround no big deal, just wanted the issues out there.

    Thanks, for the quick reply.

    CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    Ummm... there is no spinning wheel icon on the player page for RadioTime 1.0.6 (the latest). That was completely removed. Are you sure you're using 1.0.6? Is it blue instead of white?

    Doc
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    Ummm... there is no spinning wheel icon on the player page for RadioTime 1.0.6 (the latest). That was completely removed. Are you sure you're using 1.0.6? Is it blue instead of white?

    Doc
    Yes I do have version 1.06. The spinning wheel is the default WebOS style one that you see in many apps...I do have a few Homebrew patches installed, might one of these be causing a problem? (the spinning wheel is white and grey)

    Thanks for your support,

    CaliMark (Mark Reed)
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions