Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I'm having trouble signing in to the Facebook app on my Pre. I've had three different Pre's now (don't ask) and I've been unable to sign in on any of them. I enter my login info and click "Sign In"... the Sign In button changes to read "Signing In" and then immediately changes back to say "Sign In". I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app on all 3 phones and have yet to get it to work. What is up???
    From the other thread where you posted this: Do you maybe have unusual characters in your password? Have you tried to change the password and then sign in again?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    no unusual characters.... just letters and numbers.
    Make sure you can login to Facebook from a regular computer. That happened to me and it turned out they disabled my account for some unknown reason. It took months to get it corrected. It had nothing to do with the Pre.

Again, just make sure you can login from a regular computer.

And also from a regular computer, make sure in your settings that you allow for alternate logins from different devices.

There is something in the account setting on Facebook.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

same here. The x.fb.com site will not log me in; but lite.fb.com works fine & is a much better experience imo.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I'm talking about the Facebook APP, not the Facebook website. The website works ok, but the app won't let me in.

Rob, I'm on Facebook pretty much all day, so I know it's not a FB issue. I also already have my account configured for mobile access.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    So, I guess I'm the only one having this problem with the FB app?
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    that is strange slope....I checked mine and the wife's, both are working properly. Also checked with friends using their pre, and no one can duplicate the problem.
    Given that you can log in from a web interface it clearly is app related, just hard to offer a solution for a very isolated problem.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I had been using Friendsbook, and after the update it was making me sign in each time I opened it. (It would let me log in, but before the update, it would remember my login information.) I'm now using FriendsFlow, and it seems to remember my login information with no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by slope72 View Post
    So, I guess I'm the only one having this problem with the FB app?
    Not the only one, I have the issue as well. I do have a symbol in my password though. I can log in just fine from a PC, and was able to get my contacts from FB too.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I am thinking you go into contacts...delete facebook from prefs & accounts, then try logging into facebook app and see what happens.....might work.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I have this problem, and I still can't get it to work with the 1.1 update. Even after deleting the app and reinstalling, the problem remains. At first it said that it could not log in (I think it had my log-in info from before when it did work,) then I tried deleting the account (from the Pre) and re-entering my credentials. Now it just says "Signing in..." for a fraction of a second before the button goes back to "Sign In." No way to make it work. I don't have any weird characters in my password either. Very frustrating...