1.    #1  
    After reading over the 1.3.5 WebOS update. "Thousands" of apps will be released soon!? If I misunderstood please correct me. That's what the CEO of Palm, Jon said. And also this information going around which isn't making any sense to me. Is the GPU on the Pre, disabled (At The Moment) or doesn't have a GPU installed on the hardware of the phone? This is floating around and would like to clear that up! So yeah, ( "thousands" of Apps? / GPU disable or not installed? ) Is that the true fact here? Thanks !!!

PS. Im not frustrated or hate my pre, in fact I LOVE IT! just would like to know that this is all true! hehe
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    GPU is there on a hardware level, we simply don't have proper API through the SDK to make good use of it.

He didn't say they were releasing thousands of apps all at once, he mentioned that once the app limit is fixed that thousands of apps that will be in the future will have no issues reaching their potential customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by punzada View Post
    GPU is there on a hardware level, we simply don't have proper API through the SDK to make good use of it.

He didn't say they were releasing thousands of apps all at once, he mentioned that once the app limit is fixed that thousands of apps that will be in the future will have no issues reaching their potential customers.
    It wasn't the application limit that he was talking about as the reason for the increase, it was the submission process being openned to all developers.
  4.    #4  
    So when do you think they will release the API for the SDK to make better high quality apps? My guess, after Palm releases most of their products to all networks! But I don't know for sure...
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmac06 View Post
    After reading over the 1.3.5 WebOS update. "Thousands" of apps will be released soon!?
    Yes, all by Dunghouse Labs. Here are a few new titles, each for $1.99!!

• Rice recipes - total of 4
    • Green bean recipes - total of 2
    • Mashed potato recipes - total of 4
    • Corn recipes - total of 3
    • Tomato recipes - total of 4
    • Fun with bananas - total of 3
    • Which color plate to use? - total of 3
    • Best way to hold a fork - total of 2
    • Toilet paper conservation tips - total of 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post

I was always wondering how to hold a fork... I am SO getting this
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post

And Palm's solution is, let the market decide. That's okay if the market is not deceived about what it is getting and thinks that because an application has been approved for Palm's Catalog it meets some (any) standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    And Palm's solution is, let the market decide.
    So does that mean that an app has to make a certain amount of $$, otherwise it will be deleted from the catalog? I doubt it. I think Palm is allowing fluff apps in their catalog at this point in time simply to get the count up.

Palm: "We have THOUSANDS of apps in our WebOS catalog!"

Users: "Yes and there are 6 good ones!"
    LOL.... seems like the "new" Apps follow suit with the ones they currently provide... All I want for Xmas is.....Excuse Generator...Time Piece....Yule Log....Dreidel....and lets not forget Liquorpedia...... Productive Apps...........to say the least !
  10.    #10  
    Oh well I guess its gonna be a longggg wait!