Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    By now, I am sure most of you have heard of Ares. If not, read this article.

    LOL was built from the ground up inside of Ares, which shows the power of the new tool. If you are a developer that wants to learn how to develop apps for WebOS, Ares is the perfect tool to start.


    LOL is the perfect way to get a quick laugh when you're bored! LOL brings you easy access to millions of images uploaded and cleverly captioned by people around the world. With a flick of your finger, scroll through photos from popular websites such as I Can Has Cheezburger, I Has a Hotdog, Fail Blog, Engrish Funny, and more. You can also quickly and easily share your favorite LOLs with your friends with the touch of a button.








    LOL is available for purchase in the Palm App Catalog.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  2. #2  
    and this message has been brought to you by .... Aries. :-) nice. I would love to pursue Aries. When is it avail for public consumption?
  3. #3  
    Looks pretty cool. Does that blue background always stay there? It's quite "loud" imho.

    Otherwise, nice work!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by a dumb cat View Post
    Looks pretty cool. Does that blue background always stay there? It's quite "loud" imho.

    Otherwise, nice work!
    Yes, it always is there. In landscape mode it is usually covered, but the background is less "noisy".

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    and this message has been brought to you by .... Aries. :-) nice. I would love to pursue Aries. When is it avail for public consumption?
    It is available as a public beta right now. Sign up for free on Palm's Developer Site
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  5. imex99's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    #5  
    I'm interested to see some of these apps with ares.


    Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

    #WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  6. #6  
    ooks pretty cool. Does that blue background always stay there? It's quite "loud" imho.Great great work
    ccna and mcse and more about ccnp
  7. #7  
    I like the app, but are you ever going to add FML, along with its comments, back to it?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    I like the app, but are you ever going to add FML, along with its comments, back to it?
    FML does not allow for any paid applications (or ad based apps) to use the feed. Unfortunately this means that FML won't come back in LOL.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    FML does not allow for any paid applications (or ad based apps) to use the feed. Unfortunately this means that FML won't come back in LOL.
    That stinks, but what about the app FMLPro? I noticed it used to work but people have been reporting it no longer works. Does that have to do with FML not allowing access?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    That stinks, but what about the app FMLPro? I noticed it used to work but people have been reporting it no longer works. Does that have to do with FML not allowing access?
    FML possibly could have blocked the app's API key. I do not know for sure, however.

    See here for info on their API:
    http://www.fmylife.com/api/home
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    FML possibly could have blocked the app's API key. I do not know for sure, however.

    See here for info on their API:
    FML: The developers API
    Well it would be awesome if you throw together a free FML app someday! It was the site I checked the most in LOLBox (and I bought LOL).
  12. #12  
    I'm new but what the h.... Is you have to have 10 postto view images & how do you get them?
  13. #13  
    Thanks for adding FML!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Thanks for adding FML!
    No problem

    I will be updating MLIA so that it doesn't use the RSS feed. That means you get access to almost all of the MLIAs, not just the recently posted ones. I would do the same for FML, but they are pretty strict about using their content.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  15. #15  
    interesting and nice graphics...I'm sure it works better in Landscape mode...any demo videos?

    Sorli...
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    interesting and nice graphics...I'm sure it works better in Landscape mode...any demo videos?

    Sorli...
    The app works in both landscape and portrait mode. I don't have any demo videos right now, but the app is pretty straight forward.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive

Posting Permissions