1.    #1  
    Haven't seen an objective comparison between StyleTap and Classic...

Which PalmOS emulator/solution is more effective at running PalmOS apps?

If the goal is to recreate the PalmOS environment as much as possible on a non-PalmOS smartphone, which is better: StyleTap on a WM device or Classic on a WebOS device? (or none of the above) ?
    I own both and I can tell you that Classic is 3 times as fast, twice as stable, and 10 times more functional than StyleTap. Its not even a contest.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    yes but styletap can stream stations/video with apps like kinoma and pockettunes so far, classic cannot.
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    yes but styletap can stream stations/video with apps like kinoma and pockettunes so far, classic cannot.
    why do it on the emulator when you can do it on the phone itself?

As much as i think Classic is not perfect, Classic still wins.
    Hmm, I never tried it with Kinoma, but pocket tunes would always become unstable and crash. In fact anytime I ever tried to access the internet with styletap the application would become unstable and bring WM down with it. Crash city.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    why do it on the emulator when you can do it on the phone itself?

As much as i think Classic is not perfect, Classic still wins.
    I have been waiting for Kinoma to work in Classic for the very reason that Kinoma supports many more codecs than the Pre currently supports mainly wma. and wmv. streams. There are certain things i cant play on my Pre that i could play on the Treo becuase of Kinoma
    I have been waiting for Kinoma to work in Classic for the very reason that Kinoma supports many more codecs than the Pre currently supports mainly wma. and wmv. streams. There are certain things i cant play on my Pre that i could play on the Treo becuase of Kinoma
    here's my thing...

why not convert those to formats the Pre is able to read? Its less hassle, and you will enjoy the multitsaking of WebOS...

how many unsupported formats do you currently own? 100?

Its time to upgrade people. Dont let Kinoma or pTunes hold you back because there are so many good apps out there well built looks good that can more than replace those programs now. And i am sure the pp catalog will continue to grow.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    here's my thing...

why not convert those to formats the Pre is able to read? Its less hassle, and you will enjoy the multitsaking of WebOS...

how many unsupported formats do you currently own? 100?

Its time to upgrade people. Dont let Kinoma or pTunes hold you back because there are so many good apps out there well built looks good that can more than replace those programs now. And i am sure the pp catalog will continue to grow.

as far as I know you cant convert streams on the fly...we are talking radio stations or streaming video not stored media