1.    #1  
    Okay, so certain apps in the app catalog appear to be updated but I cannot update them inside the app catalog. When I click on the supposed updated app all it says is tap to launch like I already have the update installed or there isn't actually an update for the app.

Is this happening to anyone else? Does it have to do with how the developers are updating their apps? A few that I can think of that were "updated" in the past few days were Accuradio and Where. If I navigate to them in the catalog all I can do is launch them. The really weird thing is that the download file size if different than what I have on my phone but the version number is the same. Is it as simple as the developers are forgetting to update the version number so it's like I don't have an update available?
    This happens to me, but i just figured it was because I was past the damnable memory limit and ignored it.

Some apps update fine still.

nb
    This happens if it is simply a meta data update. Apps can have their price, description, screenshots, etc updated. It puts them to the top of the list, but does not mean it is a new version.

I personally do not agree with this as it does cause confusion, but good for getting your app back to the top of the recent list.

Are you by chance referring to the 5 apps that hit just a few minutes ago? That is a special that is going on for 24 hrs...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    This happens if it is simply a meta data update. Apps can have their price, description, screenshots, etc updated. It puts them to the top of the list, but does not mean it is a new version.

I personally do not agree with this as it does cause confusion, but good for getting your app back to the top of the recent list.

Are you by chance referring to the 5 apps that hit just a few minutes ago? That is a special that is going on for 24 hrs...
    Would updating the meta data increase the size of the file? In both cases the files sizes were larger shown in the app catalog than what they were on my phone. Also, I think the Accuradio was updated yesterday or the day before that.
    The app sizes can be different -- if a database gets installed and things get added, it will add to the size reported on your phone (or decrease if you remove default items in the app). The app size in the catalog is the 'default' size when it get's installed.

It's better to go by version numbers -- that's what the app catalog uses to determine if an update is available. The version is listed in the app catalog as well should be within each app and the app management tools.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    The app sizes can be different -- if a database gets installed and things get added, it will add to the size reported on your phone (or decrease if you remove default items in the app). The app size in the catalog is the 'default' size when it get's installed.

It's better to go by version numbers -- that's what the app catalog uses to determine if an update is available. The version is listed in the app catalog as well should be within each app and the app management tools.
    So, technically if a developer forgets to update the version number then your phone will not see it as needing an update? Is this correct?
    correct . Or it sounds correct lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    It's not so much forgetting to update the version number.

If we update the application itself, you get the option to Update the Application.

But, if we do change the description, price, pictures, then it still goes to the top of the 'Recent' list. It technically is an update -- just not necessarily of the application itself.

Palm handles the application, icon, images, description, price, countries distributed to, etc separately. Change just 1 thing, and bam -- top of the recent list for you.

The 5 apps that updated today as part of the 'Ho-ho-ho holidays sale' are the perfect example. They simply went on sale with a lower price and description change (to add that it is a limited time sale). When they go 'off sale', a description and price change (back to original) will put them to the top again. But no new file for you to download.

Does this all make sense?
    I have had this happen to me several times, it tells me to launch. But sometimes i go to preware and update and can do it from there. Doesnt totally make since. But i still love this phone.