Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    not that clever really, as long as it actually reminds you when a birthday is coming?
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    not that clever really, as long as it actually reminds you when a birthday is coming?
    Yeah...it's called Birthdays and available thru homebrew (Preware)...lists contacts names and birthdays....
    Have not seen one but it's sorely needed. Such a simple task that even Google calendars can't handle. Don't understand why notifications don't exist in Google birthday calendars.

Didn't know about the Preware one?? Have to check it out.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Im not sure if there is one, but if there is, i havent seen it.

Calender does it, but it can be tough to use. I ended up using a facebook calender importer to copy all the birthdays from facebook to google calender, which then syncs to the pre calender. Then manually entered all remaining birthdays.

EDIT: Didnt know about the preware one either. Have to scheck it out.

Achill3s: your pre/pixi doesnt remind you of birthdays entered in your calender? mine does. I think i have something set somewhere that also sends an email to my gmail the day before as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Yeah...it's called Birthdays and available thru homebrew (Preware)...lists contacts names and birthdays....
    But what it doesn't do is make a new calendar (like Flixster, Fandango, SportingNews Baseball, etc.) do, and then put all of those birthdays in your actual calendar.

That's what I'd like to see. I've got something similar going on through the internet with Facebook birthdays through an iCal, imported into Google, but I'd prefer an app on the phone that automatically does that (or even better, the functionality incorporated into the calendar like it used to be on Garnet and earlier).
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    Im not sure if there is one, but if there is, i havent seen it.

Calender does it, but it can be tough to use. I ended up using a facebook calender importer to copy all the birthdays from facebook to google calender, which then syncs to the pre calender. Then manually entered all remaining birthdays.

EDIT: Didnt know about the preware one either. Have to scheck it out.

Achill3s: your pre/pixi doesnt remind you of birthdays entered in your calender? mine does. I think i have something set somewhere that also sends an email to my gmail the day before as well.
    The Google birthday Calendar (separate calendar) does not provide notifications. If I just enter birthdays into the normal calendar then yes it will. However, that sort of defeats the purpose since you have to manually enter them for every contact. It'd be so much better if the birthday field from the Contacts App would just populate the calendar automatically.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    here here i want it to just import the facebook birthday info, may add myspace (if people still use that) just want the bdays to be added as well. i dont want to have to add each individually
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Then I'm not able to use since I can't see how and when you can be reminded of birthdays, to me it just shows a list of birthdays, pointless... but I may be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s
    The Google birthday Calendar (separate calendar) does not provide notifications. If I just enter birthdays into the normal calendar then yes it will. However, that sort of defeats the purpose since you have to manually enter them for every contact. It'd be so much better if the birthday field from the Contacts App would just populate the calendar automatically.
    Gotcha, didnt realize you were talking about a seperate calender.

Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    here here i want it to just import the facebook birthday info, may add myspace (if people still use that) just want the bdays to be added as well. i dont want to have to add each individually
    this is the method i used, it basically just takes your facebook calender and creates a file in a format that google calenders can recognize. (cant remember the file type, but it should tell you what to do)

fbCal.com - Facebook Calendar Generator
  10.    #10  
    Hey guys, not everyone has a google-facebook-palmpre fully integration, I, for instance, keep my phone contacts very much separated from social network contacts and other silly stuff...
    Given that there already is storage space in the PalmPre contacts for birthdays, wouldn't be simpler just to have a specific phone app?
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    I'm just hoping that Palm sets up the Google sync'ing to pull the birthday field info.
    I wish there could be an app similar to the one i had on my treo pro where it would just transfer from the contacts...seems simple, yet difficult for them...needed badly on my end
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    I'm just hoping that Palm sets up the Google sync'ing to pull the birthday field info.
    It does pull the birthday field and attach that to contacts. The issue is that it doesn't do anything with that data. The best solution would be to put it in the calendar automatically, like old Treos did.
  14.    #14  
    Has anything changed as regards birthdays? As it is now, creating birthdays in the calendar and then not setting a reminder is absolutely pointless...
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    I bought Birthdays from Splashdata.com from the app catalog during the half price sale. Works great. Notifications from the calendar work well. I have old Happy Days running in Classic, too. Notifications are in the the Palm OS calendar app with that. It will download birthdays from your Google contacts. Good luck
    I haven't seen such app either, however, if you want an app that sends a birthday card with flowers and messages included ~ it's called Greeting Card Messaging Pro. Pretty awesome app for every occasion.(i.e happy birthday>get well soon>anniversary>love > and lots more.) You can either send them through Email card, or Messaging card. Either way is super awesome.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbekens View Post
    I have old Happy Days running in Classic, too. Notifications are in the the Palm OS calendar app with that. It will download birthdays from your Google contacts.
    Why would it download birthdays from Google? Does it not get the birthdays from the Pre contacts?
    There is a birthday event patch. This allows you to create birthday events for your contacts directly on your Pre.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    There is a birthday event patch. This allows you to create birthday events for your contacts directly on your Pre.
    Personal opinion, that patch is absolutely useless as it doesn't allow you to set a reminder, like I never had it
    It does... The latest even asks how many days in advance:

{title: "Reminder?", message: "Reminder settings:", choices:[{label: 'No reminder', value:"0"}, {label: '1 day before', value:"12"}, {label: '2 days before', value:"36"}, {label: '3 days before', value:"60"}, {label: '1 week before', value:"156"}

And as you can see, it will ensure the reminder goes off at midday and not at midnight...
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast