Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It does pull the birthday field and attach that to contacts. The issue is that it doesn't do anything with that data. The best solution would be to put it in the calendar automatically, like old Treos did.
    There is an add-on calendar in Google (like weather and lunar events) that adds birthdays to your calendar. The problem is you can't set a reminder. A good start, just need to be able to set reminders.
    dave75 if you go to the google calendar settings you can setup the birthday calendar to send you a email reminder.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    It does... The latest even asks how many days in advance:

{title: "Reminder?", message: "Reminder settings:", choices:[{label: 'No reminder', value:"0"}, {label: '1 day before', value:"12"}, {label: '2 days before', value:"36"}, {label: '3 days before', value:"60"}, {label: '1 week before', value:"156"}

And as you can see, it will ensure the reminder goes off at midday and not at midnight...
    Then you have a different phone, mine doesn't, or at least I can't find how...

mamouton, why would anyone want google calendar sync, reminders from Pre contacts birthdays are needed, never mind google..........
    You installed the latest patch (probably from the forum's thread)? When you go to "Create Birthday Events" you aren't asked about the reminder?
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    Then you have a different phone, mine doesn't, or at least I can't find how...

mamouton, why would anyone want google calendar sync, reminders from Pre contacts birthdays are needed, never mind google..........
    lol before all these calendar tweaks came out I used the google birthday calendar and all of them are in there the synergy puts the event as a little icon at the top and I get a reminder email very cool workaround.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    dave75 if you go to the google calendar settings you can setup the birthday calendar to send you a email reminder.
    I can't see a way to do this. Can you give some details. There is no "Notification" link next to that calendar.
    when you log into google calendar from your desktop on the left hand side you will the name of your calendars. Under those names you will see settings. That will take to another screen and you will see notifications, click on that and you can select the email daily agenda. I am not in front of my computer for a couple of hours but that should be correct.
  8.    #28  
    You installed the latest patch (probably from the forum's thread)? When you go to "Create Birthday Events" you aren't asked about the reminder?
    You winding me up?

NO, I do not get asked about the reminder. I installed it via Preware
    Metaview's patch left the birthdays in the calenders even after i deleted the patch...
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Yes, therefore I added the "Remove..." menu item
  12.    #32  
    That link was of no help whatsoever to understand where I can find the reminder, if anyone has understood how it works please do share
    That link was of no help whatsoever to understand where I can find the reminder, if anyone has understood how it works please do share
    When you follow the link, there is a post with a screenshot. This screenshot shows a birthday event created by my patch and it shows you that there is a reminder. The screenshot wasn't made by myself, but I'm sure the user didn't added the reminder manually.

The 1st version of the patch just created events with a 24h-before reminder. The latest version asks about the reminder before creating the events. That's it.
  14.    #34  
    Thanked you. I've unistalled and installed back again and it does ask about reminders. So far it won't be much use to me though as even if I set remind a day before, the day after I'll have forgotten about it.... If you can, do put a "same day" reminder so that I can remember to send a birthday text the same day..........
    Ok, that makes sense. there are calendar patches which would allow you to postpone the reminder until the event begins. But I guess you rather would need a -8, which then reminds you 8 o'clock in the morning.
    Then I'm not able to use since I can't see how and when you can be reminded of birthdays, to me it just shows a list of birthdays, pointless... but I may be wrong.
    Do you use modeswitcher? I have a setting called daily briefing and it opens up birthdays, my local newspaper site, weather, and agenda each morning @7:20. It stays on until 8:30. Use it as a modifier setting; it works.
  17.    #37  
    Ok, that makes sense. there are calendar patches which would allow you to postpone the reminder until the event begins. But I guess you rather would need a -8, which then reminds you 8 o'clock in the morning.
    Yes, either that or I need to eat more phosphorus

I'll have a look at modeswitcher soon enough, thanks
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I tried the Birthdays App thru Homebrew, but it really slows down the opening of the Calendar as it apparently searches your entire contacts list each time. I removed the app. I have not tried the Google calendar thing yet. Right now, I enter birthdays manually with an annual repeat
    pre2930
    IIIxe>VIIx>Vx>Zire72>Treo755p>Pre+>Touchpad/Samsung Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    when you log into google calendar from your desktop on the left hand side you will the name of your calendars. Under those names you will see settings. That will take to another screen and you will see notifications, click on that and you can select the email daily agenda. I am not in front of my computer for a couple of hours but that should be correct.

Ok!!!
    I tryed every way you are comenting!

Google BD Calendar doesnīt give me any NOTIFICATIONS opcion like my personal calendar does.

MetaView patch was my First Option until i have a lot of errors (usually didnīt get all of them correctly) and now I canīt have it because I used UBERCALENDAR (and get Error log when trying to install trough Preware)

I really think this should be much more easier! right?
    What's the matter between "Create Birthday"-Patch and UC?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast