Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    If you're like me and most of the time all you really want is to listen to the top songs, or just one basic genre with recent songs, AccuRadio does a very good job.

RadioTime pretty much makes up for the absence of an FM receiver on the Pre (not hungering for an NPR app anymore!) and does better because you're not restricted to local stations only.

I don't completely understand all the hype about Pandora. How often do you find you can can come up with a satisfactory playlist based on ONE song/album/musician? I find it trailing off into irrelevance after a few songs, and fine tuning it is too much of an effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by sumitkishore View Post
    I don't completely understand all the hype about Pandora. How often do you find you can can come up with a satisfactory playlist based on ONE song/album/musician?
    It's not based on "ONE" artist ... you can add as many as you like. I like making "stations" using 10-15 of my favorites artists in one style of music. I really like Pandora the best ... it plays music tailored to my taste, with just enough variety to let me discover some new artists.
    Is RadioTime currently in the Palm Catalog?

- Craig
    Its there, I downloaded it just now, but the strange thing is, if you search for it, even by typing the exact name with exact capitalization (RadioTime), it doesn't find it. Very weird.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    Its there, I downloaded it just now, but the strange thing is, if you search for it, even by typing the exact name with exact capitalization (RadioTime), it doesn't find it. Very weird.
    I got this error as well unable to seach for this app at all. You have to manually scroll through the apps until you find it.

The developer should be aware of this.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    After the 3rd time i set up AccuRadio and it didn't save, I deleted it.
    Yeah, I've got a bunch of different band and songs in each radio station, plus the thumbs up / thumbs down button which means that pretty much every song is one I like by now. But I agree that AccuRadio and RadioTime are a nice alternative.

I just wish the radio station I like from where I used to live was in RadioTime. I believe it uses WMA though. It's on the website but not in the app. (And I haven't gotten it to successfully play through the website either).
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    It's not based on "ONE" artist ... you can add as many as you like.
    Hoo boy! I missed a pretty basic feature ... Pandora doesn't make it very discoverable, and certainly not on the mobile version.

That does instantly make Pandora much more useful. But my choices run quite mainstream, and I find a Top 40 list is most of the time good enough, with fewer occasional lame songs than Pandora.

Pandora is just a lot more work to get it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by sumitkishore View Post
    But my choices run quite mainstream, and I find a Top 40 list is most of the time good enough, with fewer occasional lame songs than Pandora.
    Yeah, my tastes run to the eclectic/esoteric side, and that's where Pandora really shines IMO. Their list of artists seems quite extensive ... and they tend to play "live" albums quite a bit, which is nice because those are often tracks I haven't heard before.

I do like the design and idea of the new RadioTime app. Just haven't had time to find some "favorite" stations yet.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    RadioTime has the AccuRadio streams in it already. Just go to Search RadioTime, type in AccuRadio and you'll see them.

And for those having problems finding it in the App Catalog, search is broken for it. Go to Explore->Music->Radio/Broadcasting and it's there.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    RadioTime has the AccuRadio streams in it already. Just go to Search RadioTime, type in AccuRadio and you'll see them.
    Yeah, but you don't get the song skip capability this way. Actually, it appears you don't get the track name / band name or cover art this way either.
    I ran into an issue with Radiotime. Station (93.3 WMMR in Philly) worked for 1 day. I saved it to my Presets and now when I try and listen to it, there is an error "Station Currently Unavailable or not compatible with this device" However, if i go on to Radiotime.com i can listen to the station with no issues.

?
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mister2quick View Post
    I ran into an issue with Radiotime. Station (93.3 WMMR in Philly) worked for 1 day. I saved it to my Presets and now when I try and listen to it, there is an error "Station Currently Unavailable or not compatible with this device" However, if i go on to Radiotime.com i can listen to the station with no issues.

?
    Same thing happen to me, you need to search for the show name either a bit before or during the first few minutes the show starts, then set it to your presets and go to presets only during the time the actual show plays during that time slot, wierd i know..

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...-scanners.html
    Last edited by migs; 12/19/2009 at 04:47 PM.