1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Does anyone know of any apps that are aimed at pilots/aviation? I love my pre, it's great to fiddle with, but the one advantage for me that the Iphone has over it is a number of useful apps for pilots. As I'll always be sticking to the pre and will never buy an IPhone, it would be good if there were some similar aviation apps. Hopefully I'll be able to do some work on my own at some point, but time is a little short right now so I was hoping there might be some around already?

I already know of the flight log/breifing apps from the app store.

Cheers,

-Mark
    What's high on your wish list?
    Have you checked out Altimeter and Attitude Indicator? They are airplane based gauges for the Palm Pre and Pixi. Although they are not accurate enough to use for flying, I think you'll find them fun little apps to play with.

Note, the attitude indicator is based on the accelerometer inside the Pre and not a gyro. So, it won't give correct readings in a coordinated turn.

You can read about them here:

185vfx.com/webos/

Enjoy-

-Rob
  4.    #4  
    Fnord: I'd like to have a play with that app just for the fun of it. It's a flexwing I fly so attitude indicators are of limited use to start with, but it could still be fun.

John: Nothing specific that I'm after, just looking to see if there's anything that might be useful for flight planning/nav purposes. Something which would make the GPS a bit more useful that just google maps would be nice though.

I'm not sure what's available in the paid apps catalogue as I'm based in the UK and we don't have access yet which is really quite irritating I have to say.