Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    I am trying to update the Feeds app, but it fails in update with a yellow ! mark.. no explanation of course as to WHY its failing. I had this happen before and I was able to update through the App Catalog - But does anyone know why its failing through update?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    I am trying to update the Feeds app, but it fails in update with a yellow ! mark.. no explanation of course as to WHY its failing. I had this happen before and I was able to update through the App Catalog - But does anyone know why its failing through update?
    I've got the same problem with FriendFeed, Tweed and Infopedia apps. All fail. When I tried updating from the catalog, it would fail saying that the catalog is down.
    That happened to me when I had free preware apps that i was trying to update with paid app catalog apps. The solution was to delete the free app, reboot, then buy the app catalog app. After that it will update normally.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    I had the same issue with several apps. I had to go into the app catalog, find the app and update it from there. Don't know what the problem is.
    Updates fail using the update app, tapping the outdated app results in the app catalog not available message even though I know it is. Additionally, it seems that none of my apps exist in the catalog anymore even though I know they do. Instead, a search for something like NewsRoom (probably the second most used app on my phone aside from FriendsFlow) results in "No applications found." Seriously, as much as I think this phone is the best thing since round wheels, the thought of switching to a different phone has briefly crossed my mind. It seems a big glaring problem, nothing I do seems to solve the problem, and out of all the Internet this is the only thread I've found that is in any way related to my problem. Is it really that rare an issue? Does anyone know of a solution I haven't thought of?

I apologize for the length of my reply, but this single issue has been ****ing me off for a month now with no resolution in sight.

Edit:
    I have yet to try a complete factory reset. I have a LOT of info on my phone, and in the face of reports of incomplete restores from Palm's backup system, I don't feel comfortable trying it. A factory reset would be my last resort.
    Last edited by vaxius; 12/20/2009 at 10:01 PM. Reason: additional details