Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    I'm not sure how many have already discovered this, but Latitude does in fact work on the Pre. But, I am pretty sure it works because of the iPhone user agent patch. If you have this patch applied, you can type in latitude.google.com and it will first open a blank web page, then open Google Maps where you will then be able to view and add Latitude friends. Now all we need is an icon to launch it instead of having to type in the url every time. effin awesome!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    OH DAMM SWEET! I'm gonna check this crap out now.... I've been missing the google latitude. If it is in fact the case that it works simply because of the iphone user agent spoof, then it would be simple for google to change it so that the default pre user agent also works.... Very simple, and simple for them to write a generic crappy front end app for the pre, just like they did for google maps.... or even integrate this with the existing google maps....

Now I am excited..... just went from six to midnight.

Edit.....
    Indeed, without the iphone user agent spoof, it just says sorry, google latitude is not supported on your device.....
    GODD@MMIT GOOGLE COME ON AND FIX THIS BS!!!!
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    ha! yes.. hopefully we see latitude implemented in maps in 1.3.5? what would be cool is if you could search for a contact in google maps just as you'd search for a business.. type in a name and they pop up on the map!
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    OH DAMM SWEET! I'm gonna check this crap out now.... I've been missing the google latitude. If it is in fact the case that it works simply because of the iphone user agent spoof, then it would be simple for google to change it so that the default pre user agent also works.... Very simple, and simple for them to write a generic crappy front end app for the pre, just like they did for google maps.... or even integrate this with the existing google maps....

Now I am excited..... just went from six to midnight.

Edit.....
    Indeed, without the iphone user agent spoof, it just says sorry, google latitude is not supported on your device.....
    GODD@MMIT GOOGLE COME ON AND FIX THIS BS!!!!
    I don't have the user agent spoof on either

can anyone else confirm?
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    no one likes latitude!? i think its pretty cool!
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    Now all we need is an icon to launch it instead of having to type in the url every time. effin awesome!
    You can add a bookmark to the launcher so that should work as a quick link, assuming you told Google to remember you when you first logged in on the browser.
    SWEET find! Hopefully this gets corrected by giving us our own Pre version!
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Interestingly, if you go to the page the Google Maps app is based from, Google Maps there's a button called "Layers" that has Latitude options.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    working here!
    There are four lights.
    I don't have the spoof but definitely am interested in this feature. Someone just tell google that there is another company making a rivaling product (cellflare) and they will probably have an update out tonight (referring to google nav destroying tom tom and garmin).
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Latitude is one of the few things I miss from my BB. This will get me by until google decides to finally get it to us palm users officially
    works here as well. What exactly does this do though?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  13. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    ok, so i go to Google Maps on my laptop and firefox asks me if i want to share my location at the top. So i click yes and my phone gps location appears on my laptop computer. My phone is currently on the same wifi as my laptop, so i imagine it is giving me this info because i'm on the same ip address. crazy though, will investigate moe

edit: So apparently i have somhow confused by phone cuz it just restarted
    Last edited by R_E; 12/15/2009 at 08:47 PM.
  14. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    go to this url on your pre:
    Google Maps,

it does interesting stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    Google Maps,

Do you live in Missoula?
  16. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    nope
    random lat. long. i think
    Global Posts
    2,477 Global Posts
    So....what exactly does Google Latitude do? What benefit does it provide for a casual Google Maps user that may increase my use of the app?
  18. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    so google maps is now locating me in the wrong place on my pre when i'm not using wifi
    this is weird
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    [url= Maps[/url],

this is VERY interesting.. weird.. it is unable to find my location.. yet i see a picture of me and my buddy on top of a blank map..

*edit* ok.. now i'm getting map and other stuff.. looks just like it does when inside the maps app.. only its in the browser instead.. hmm..
    Last edited by d.moss; 12/15/2009 at 09:27 PM.
  20. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    my google maps is acting weird now, keeps causing my phone, or at least luna to restart
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast