Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 75
  1. nerubius's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #41  
    do you have to leave the google maps card open for it to continuously update your location?
  2. evan410's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #42  
    Hey guys,

    There is no need to spoof the user agent. All you have to do it go to this address on your pre and it will lode maps with latitude:maps.google.com/maps/m?mode=latitude


    Hope this helps,
    Evan

    P.S. Sorry the link is not clickable. Because I have less than 10 posts it won't let me post a clickable link.
  3. #43  
    Awesome Evan! Thanks. I just did this and it worked just fine without the patches ect on my pre. Really Apperciate the post!!
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by evan410 View Post
    Hey guys,

    There is no need to spoof the user agent. All you have to do it go to this address on your pre and it will lode maps with latitude:maps.google.com/maps/m?mode=latitude


    Hope this helps,
    Evan

    P.S. Sorry the link is not clickable. Because I have less than 10 posts it won't let me post a clickable link.
    Spot on!

    http://maps.google.com/maps/m?mode=latitude
  5. evan410's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #45  
    I am glad that after lurking around precentral for months I finally was able to contribute something.

    I really missed laditude. Over spring break last year, me and some of my buddies took a road trip and it was great to see where each of the cars was for deciding on when and where to stop for food/gas.

    -Evan
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by nerubius View Post
    do you have to leave the google maps card open for it to continuously update your location?
    I tested this last night. The phone will only update while the card is in focus and the screen is on. It will however work while focused and on the touchstone (can be locked).
  7. #47  
    while I can see my friends list, my location is not being updated. And I don't see the friends on the map. I think we still need the userstring to see those layers.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
  8. #48  
    So after you initially go to "http://maps.google.com/maps/m?mode=latitude", from that point on if you just open the google maps app it will show the latitude stuff. UNLESS you open the menu and chose the option to clear the map. Then the latitude stuff won't show up unless you go to the above link again. ANNOYING!

    So my idea was to go in and edit the app-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $for$ $the$ $google$ $maps$ $program$ $so$ $that$ $the$ $URL$ $it$ $calls$ $is$ &$quot$;$http$://$maps$.$google$.$com$/$maps$/$m$?$mode$=$latitude$&$quot$; $instead$ $of$ &$quot$;$http$://$maps$.$google$.$com$/$maps$/$m$&$quot$;. $So$ $I$ $went$ $to$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$maps$/$app$/$assistants$ $and$ $edited$ $the$ $app$-$assistant$.$js$ $file$ $to$ $point$ $to$ $the$ $other$ $URL$. $Unfortunately$ $it$ $didn$'$t$ $work$. $So$ $anyone$ $with$ $A$ $LOT$ $more$ $skill$ $in$ $the$ $programming$ $of$ $javascript$ $and$ $what$ $not$ $care$ $to$ $take$ $a$ $whack$ $at$ $this$??????

    I think we should be able to make it so the google maps program calls up the latitude info everytime it loads, which would be really awesome....
    Last edited by supercluver; 12/17/2009 at 09:19 AM.
  9. lupos's Avatar
    Posts
    276 Posts
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    #49  
    Has anyone been able to just bookmark the page to the app launcher? When I put the URL in the browser it pops up the maps app but the URL bar is blank and I can't add a bookmark. Though hacking the maps launcher to load it directly would be great too.

    Either way I'm so happy to have latitude finally. Any NYC pre owners with latitude who aren't afraid of skynet?
  10. lupos's Avatar
    Posts
    276 Posts
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    #50  
    NM, figured out I could edit the URL manually after making a bookmark. Just went to a screen shot of latitude and added the bookmark then pasted in what I want. SuWheat!
  11. lupos's Avatar
    Posts
    276 Posts
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    #51  
    I'm a liar. Got the bookmark saved in browser but can't convince it to let me add it to the launcher. Arg!
  12. d.moss's Avatar
    Posts
    541 Posts
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
       #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reilly Stroope View Post
    When I open the Google Maps application it takes me to the regular map view and it shows my google icon above my GPS point. Also there is a little button bottom left that says friends. Click it and its brings up the Latitude friends list.
    fuÁkin a! you're right! coooool
  13. ssrjazz's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    #53  
    Lovin this. Hope they fix it to update while on the card stack too.
  14. #54  


    (Google Maps Tab in upper left is just my phone being laggy)
    Last edited by GrantHeppes; 12/18/2009 at 03:54 PM.
    Thank me if I helped you.
  15. #55  
    I have the iphone spoof installed now when I open google maps it shows where my friends are...
  16. kruglovus's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #56  
    Here is the problem I found with the "maps.google.com/maps/m?mode=latitude" method. After setting up the Google Latitude, it is impossible to locate an address from another application, like saved address in Contacts, Universal Search, map buttons in other apps, etc. It launches GoogleMaps app, does NOT show that address, but rather shows my current location with a picture above and a Friends button in the bottom left corner. Clearing map does not help. Once the address is called by another app, GoogleMaps shows your current location. I think this has to do with the fact that without Latitude, GoogleMaps shows a Results button in the bottom left corner, which is used by Friends with Latitude.

    I found a solution, but it's quite ugly. To get rid of Latitude, I have to close GoogleMaps, clear cookies in Web app (history and cashe have nothing to do with it), close Web app, then open up JSTop (Javascript Resource Monitor, available in Preware -> Available Applications -> System Utilities (thanks to Daniel Freedman (azakus) for this cool app) and manually kill the Browser process. After all this GoogleMaps seems to be able to handle the external calls by other apps. However, next time that I need Latitude, I have to open up Web, go to "maps.google.com/maps/m?mode=latitude" and login to my Google Account again. This is a lot of hassle. And the worst part is that ugly solution works only most of the time, but not always.

    Please, anyone confirm if you have the same experience, and if this solution works.
  17. #57  
    Just received a tip that Latitude is 'just working' in maps and it appears to be on my Pre. I'm trying to find somebody who DIDN'T visit that special URL, as I can't tell if it's been added for everybody or not :| I don't see it on my Pixi, FWIW.
  18. kruglovus's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by kruglov View Post
    After setting up the Google Latitude, it is impossible to locate an address from another application, like saved address in Contacts, Universal Search, map buttons in other apps, etc.
    OK, forget about killing processes in JSTop. It is not necessary. The simpler way is to clear cookies in Web, then go to "maps.google.com/maps/m", i.e. without ?mode=latitude. It opens up GoogleMaps like we are used to see it. Then mapping addresses by other apps works just fine. But that means going back to no-Latitude-land. To get Latitude back you need to get back to Web and go to "maps.google.com/maps/m?mode=latitude" and login to Google Account again.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by kruglov View Post
    Here is the problem I found with the "maps.google.com/maps/m?mode=latitude" method. After setting up the Google Latitude, it is impossible to locate an address from another application, like saved address in Contacts, Universal Search, map buttons in other apps, etc. It launches GoogleMaps app, does NOT show that address, but rather shows my current location with a picture above and a Friends button in the bottom left corner. Clearing map does not help. Once the address is called by another app, GoogleMaps shows your current location. I think this has to do with the fact that without Latitude, GoogleMaps shows a Results button in the bottom left corner, which is used by Friends with Latitude.

    I found a solution, but it's quite ugly. To get rid of Latitude, I have to close GoogleMaps, clear cookies in Web app (history and cashe have nothing to do with it), close Web app, then open up JSTop (Javascript Resource Monitor, available in Preware -> Available Applications -> System Utilities (thanks to Daniel Freedman (azakus) for this cool app) and manually kill the Browser process. After all this GoogleMaps seems to be able to handle the external calls by other apps. However, next time that I need Latitude, I have to open up Web, go to "maps.google.com/maps/m?mode=latitude" and login to my Google Account again. This is a lot of hassle. And the worst part is that ugly solution works only most of the time, but not always.

    Please, anyone confirm if you have the same experience, and if this solution works.
    I find that you are partially right. After setting it up so that latitude friends show, clicking an address from one of my contacts brings up google maps, but just shows a map with my location on it. It doesn't show their address, nor a results button. BUT, clicking clear map, then closing google maps, and then selecting my friends address from the contact card does bring up google maps with their address and a results button. From this point, I no longer ever see my latitude stuff unless I go back to the latitude url, at which point then google maps will start showing it again until I chose to clear the map.....

    Anyone confirm my findings?
  20. kruglovus's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    I find that you are partially right. After setting it up so that latitude friends show, clicking an address from one of my contacts brings up google maps, but just shows a map with my location on it. It doesn't show their address, nor a results button. BUT, clicking clear map, then closing google maps, and then selecting my friends address from the contact card does bring up google maps with their address and a results button. From this point, I no longer ever see my latitude stuff unless I go back to the latitude url, at which point then google maps will start showing it again until I chose to clear the map.....

    Anyone confirm my findings?
    To keep the experiment pure, I rebooted my Pre with Opt+Sym+R. Then went into GoogleMaps => it shows my picture and Friends button. I cleared map, closed GoogleMaps, and selected an address from a Contacts card => still my picture and Friends button. What gives?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions