Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Works fine for me and I don't have any patches applied...
    that's weird, i just tried and it didn't work. but i am now about to install iPhone agent patch. i don't know why i think latitude is so cool, none of my friends will do it. i think they are afraid of skynet...
    is there a new quickinstall? i was just told that there is an error because i had the wrong version of webOS. is there a user spoof for the latest webOS update?

I figured it out. i had an old quickinstall...
    Last edited by igobytony; 12/16/2009 at 12:20 AM. Reason: i didn't look into what i was doing before i did it. a common reason, i'm sure...
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    is there a new quickinstall? i was just told that there is an error because i had the wrong version of webOS. is there a user spoof for the latest webOS update?
    supposedly the patch is in the newest version of quickinstall.. for some reason it isn't showing for me. so i installed the terminal app through preware.. downloaded the patch to my cpu then to my pre through usb then entered the command line in the terminal app. very simple. if you search the site for user agent, you should find it
    thanks. i found out that i had an old quickinstall version, and that seemed to be my problem. after the restart that it did post-patch install, it froze when i clicked just charge though...waiting for it to fire up again after a nice battery-pull restart
    is the "iPhone agent patch" available in Preware? if so, where?
    ...aaaaand i'm using latitude. it sucks that we have to fake having an igotonetooPhone, but whatever.
    i don't believe so, but if you go to the article on the front page here about latitude, there is a link to get the new version of webOSquickintall and it has the patch right there.
    I just clicked on Latitude in MobiOS from fileCoaster and now it works for me...
  10. Ryo
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    oh... after the blank page open the google maps app.. dammed dosnt know

but now... my pre dosnt start.. the iphone user patch must have killed my pre
    And i have to WebDoctor it again

DAMMED
  11. Ryo
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Ok after flashing it works now!

a little complicatet.. hopefully soon native implementet
    Last edited by Ryo; 12/16/2009 at 02:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Interestingly, if you go to the page the Google Maps app is based from, Google Maps there's a button called "Layers" that has Latitude options.
    yes, i found it since precentral posted the article for google map update.
    After installing the patch and opening it through the browser it now works when I just open the regular ol google maps app.

Awesome!
    "After installing the patch and opening it through the browser it now works when I just open the regular ol google maps app."

oh wow! your right!
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reilly Stroope View Post
    After installing the patch and opening it through the browser it now works when I just open the regular ol google maps app.

Awesome!
    i don't get it. are you saying that when you open google maps your friends are showing by default?
    "Interestingly, if you go to the page the Google Maps app is based from, Google Maps there's a button called "Layers" that has Latitude options."

Where exactly is the "layers" button? I cant seem to figure it out.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    that's weird, i just tried and it didn't work. but i am now about to install iPhone agent patch. i don't know why i think latitude is so cool, none of my friends will do it. i think they are afraid of skynet...

Skynet...Lol...

This is a great tip! Seems like a pretty cool Google app, though I'm not sure how I'd use it yet... Like another poster stated, none of my friends are up for giving away their anonymity so easily. So, what I need to find is another techno-man-***** to test out these products...

PM me if you are in Texas and unafraid of Skynet...
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    i don't get it. are you saying that when you open google maps your friends are showing by default?
    When I open the Google Maps application it takes me to the regular map view and it shows my google icon above my GPS point. Also there is a little button bottom left that says friends. Click it and its brings up the Latitude friends list.
    I've had windows mobile for years and not having latitude on Web OS was a big downer, so I'm really excited to see this progress (finally). My friends and I use the service often.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger_000 View Post
    I just clicked on Latitude in MobiOS from fileCoaster and now it works for me...
    +1

the link for lattitude in the MobiOS app will open latitude in the google maps app without the iphone user agent spoof "tweak"

edit: i ran the latitude link from mobiOS once, logged in to google when prompted, and added a friend. now when using the google maps link in mobiOS the button for friends on the map loads.

when launching google maps from the pre's launcher, i see a notification (not a pre notification, but one within the google maps application) say that it is loading friends upon launch, but the button does not appear.

i'm unable to test much else, i have no friends that use latitude as far as i know.
    Last edited by nerubius; 12/16/2009 at 12:39 PM.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast