Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks Rob! Was able to pass Level 27... and move on to pass all 35 levels! The Global Leaderboard and High Scores, make for great replay value! Lookin forward to more games from you...
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I've not been able to get past level 20. In fact, I seem to get 100 points for each of the 4 paratroopers I successfully land on the X, but I need 500 to get to the next level!
    You can either get low deployment bonuses or release more than one at once... in fact I ended up beating the level by releasing all four at once, three with perfect landing on top of each other but the fourth fell on the barbed wire, heh.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Cool, now if I can get past Level 25........
    Release one and let him blow up as a sacrifice. Then release three - again either more than once or with low deployment bonuses - and perfect landings.
    Such a great game. I'm still playing it even though I have some 3D games on my Pre. The global high score feature is brilliant. Very fun and addictive little game. Finished the whole game a while ago, but I'm still playing some of the levels to get top scores. Been successful @ getting some all-time high scores. Challenging but rewarding. Great graphics, but the sound is still buggy at the higher volume levels as you know.

Rob, will you update this game when the PDK becomes available and more sounds can be accessed/created?
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorzeph View Post
    Such a great game. I'm still playing it even though I have some 3D games on my Pre.
    Thanks so much for the great feedback. It's been tremendously rewarding to see the game continuing to get such positive feedback even with the 3d competition from the bigger companies.

Great graphics, but the sound is still buggy at the higher volume levels as you know.
    Exactly. The sound is quite limited. We're hoping the next upgrade of WebOS resolves the crackling on certain levels and allows us to customize the sound more. That's would be a welcome feature for sure.

Rob, will you update this game when the PDK becomes available and more sounds can be accessed/created?
    The PDK isn't actually a great solution for Paratroopers since using the PDK would require a complete rewrite of the game. However, we are actually busy updating the game right now. More (really fun) levels are on their way, and we're looking to implement a couple of additional requested features as well. As you know, these things take a bit of time to develop and release, so we can't promise an exact time-frame but it's well underway.

Thanks again for the feedback. We'll look out for you on the high-score list.

Sincerely,

Rob
    More levels you say?! THANK U THANK U THANK U! This game will never leave my phone! I think I got the max score on Level 30. Whew! That took some luck.

Keep up the great work!

Jason
    Are you working on other games for the Pre?
    Last edited by doctorzeph; 02/09/2010 at 12:39 AM. Reason: double post
  10.    #50  
    More levels you say?! THANK U THANK U THANK U!
    Our pleasure. We're in play-testing on 6 new levels right now and hope to have a few more for the next release. There are some great levels in this next batch and it'll be a free upgrade for existing users (as usual).

Are you working on other games for the Pre?
    We have a couple of great ideas for additional games that we hope to start for the Pre soon. Thanks for the support!

Sincerely,

Rob
    Is there a workaround for the "THIS APPLICATION IS NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR COUNTRY" message? Really annoying, as I love this game and want the full version oh and live in the UK.

Is it because there are no "paid" apps outside the US at the moment?

Thanks,

Dan
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Triphazard View Post
    Is there a workaround for the "THIS APPLICATION IS NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR COUNTRY" message? Really annoying, as I love this game and want the full version oh and live in the UK.
    Thanks for writing. You are correct that the full game is not yet available outside the US. We have submitted Paratrooper to Palm for worldwide distribution but Palm has not yet released it in other territories.

We're glad to hear that you're anxious to have access to the full game. Hopefully Palm will make it available for you soon.

Thanks-

-Rob
  13.    #53  
    The new version of Paratrooper is coming soon! It has been submitted to Palm's App Catalog and is being reviewed. Usually that means it'll be in the store in the next week or so.

Fans will enjoy the 10 new levels (for a new total of 45). However, our favorite addition by far are the new challenges. We now have wind on some levels, and some new objects (like a trampoline) that are a lot of fun. It also has an improved scoring system--you start each level with 100 points and your score ticks down while you play. That means all the global top scores are back up for grabs in this latest release!

We can't wait for it to be available in the catalog and hear your feedback.

Sincerely,

Rob

P.S. For the next free upgrade, would you like us to focus on more pre-made levels or a level editor so that you can make your own? No promises, but we're interested in your feedback to help steer our development.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    sounds like great stuff. is the accelerometer response improved too? i'd go with the level editor if we can share them. there's some really creative people out there.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    is the accelerometer response improved too?
    It sure is. By tilting your phone it adjusts the direction of gravity at 30 times per second now (instead of just 4 before). But that said, it's still plenty challenging!

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by rbredow View Post
    It also has an improved scoring system--you start each level with 100 points and your score ticks down while you play. That means all the global top scores are back up for grabs in this latest release!
    So all the current high scores will be removed?! Sounds like it'll be a whole new game. Any way to keep those global high scores we worked so hard for--saved in another area?
  17.    #57  
    So all the current high scores will be removed?!
    No, not at all. No high scores will be removed or lost in the upgrade. The only thing that's changing is that it will now be possible to score a few more points on each level due to the 100 point starting bonus (which counts down as you use time to complete a level).

Previously, you might have noticed that some levels had a "perfect" score and the first person to pass that level while getting all the points would land the first spot in the global high score list and could never be beaten. Now, if you can finish the level even one second faster while getting the rest of the points, you can always one-up the previous high scorer!

Hopefully that preserves your hard work, while keeping the global high scores interesting for a long time to come. We'll anxiously await your feedback.

Sincerely,

Rob
    Thanks for the reply Rob. I look forward to trying out the new features and the new levels. Thanks for your hard work in providing us with the upgrade! Level editor sounds like a terrific idea.
  19.    #59  
    We just submitted another new version of Paratrooper this evening which should post to the App Catalog within a few days. This upgrade will have three new levels (for a total of 53) and has a couple of additional fun surprises

Keep an eye out for a helicopter--it's a doozy!

Sincerely,

Rob

P.S. Until the new versions comes out in the next day or so, you can still get Paratrooper while it's on sale for 25% off!
    Thank you Rob for the regular updates!!! Very much appreciated. Paratrooper is still my favorite game on the Pre. Terrific replay value. Love the 3 new DIFFICULT levels (Chopperpalooza, Super Boing, and Dangerouser-er) with the helicopter as an added challenge. Got 4884, 1325, and 2388 respectively. Not as difficult as the latest IMPOSSIBLE levels of course, but still fun. Back to some furious finger tapping on my Pre.

JasonT
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast