Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by vader4633 View Post
    I thought there was something I was missing to get past level 17. I've been trying for 2 days, glad to hear it's just not me. I can't see all the troopers through my fingers to pull the chutes and one always splats!
    Love the game!
    It's tricky, but possible in the currently released version. Here's a couple of hints to try:

1. I find it easiest to make 8 troopers deploy from the airplane in rapid succession.
    2. Then, let them fall most of the way down the screen, then tap the whole group of them 8 times (again in rapid succession). You don't have to be too precise about who you click on to deploy their chutes
    3. Of course, the real trick is aiming them as a group at the narrow space between the Eel Pond and the Trees. That part might take a few tries.

We've had lots of high scores on level 17 and all the way through the first 25 levels. Fair warning, the levels do get trickier from there!

Maybe someone else has some hints that they've used too.

Rob
    17 is easy don't make it easier. Aw.
    You just release as many as you can and aim them down not pulling chutes until the last second.

btw great game and thanks for updates!
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    17 is easy don't make it easier.
    Don't worry, level 17 makes a reprise in all it's challenging goodness as one of the highest levels in the new update (coming soon).

Enjoy!

Rob
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huff View Post
    I can't get past level 17. It's just about impossible to do!!
    ++

I spent at least half an hour on it. I got it down to missing one or two once, but it is still ridiculously hard.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    yikes...level 21 for some reason is not giving me the fifty bonus points for the late parachute deployment like it did on earlier levels...anyone have similar problems? Devs?
    I would like to state, that the game is really great.. for those who are still not sure if go and buy it or not... Then YES is the right answear!!!

I love the game!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Level 21 is killing me. I can't get the "low chute" bonus. Any hints?
    cool game. nice graphics.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecbrown View Post
    Level 21 is killing me. I can't get the "low chute" bonus. Any hints?
    It does require precise timing. You want to deploy the chute just a split second before the trooper lands on the deck. That combined with the fact that it has to be a perfect landing makes it a tricky level!

By the way, the 1.3.5 upgrade has an unfortunate side effect for many apps (including Paratrooper). It deletes the databases that are used to store local data which means you loose your open levels and local high scores (global high scores are preserved on my server). It's a real bummer, and there's a chance Palm might fix it in a future release, but at this point there's no work around. (In fact, I'm still re-opening all 35 levels in my own game!)

Best of luck and enjoy the recently updated Paratroopers. The 35 levels are now released. Plenty of challenge!

Rob

P.S. Level 17 is now a bit easier, but makes a reprise in a higher level now in all it's glorious difficulty. Good luck.
    I just downloaded the game. Terrific game. However, the sounds seem choppier than in the mini (trial) version. Is this a bug?
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorzeph View Post
    I just downloaded the game. Terrific game. However, the sounds seem choppier than in the mini (trial) version. Is this a bug?
    Hey Dr,

Thanks for writing. The code for the two games is actually the same so you shouldn't notice any differences in terms of the smoothness of the game or sound. I did find that in the first hour after I updated to the new 1.3.5 operating system that the phone was doing something in the background and that slowed down game play. However, after that first 30-60 minutes, that problem resolved itself and the game plays even smoother with the latest update (minus your local high scores and levels which unfortunately have to be re-earned since the upgrade seems to remove all local storage).

Let me know if that's the cause of your issue. If not, feel free to follow up using the support email and we can look into it further. It should be very smooth--we put a lot of work into optimization to make it so.

Sincerely,

Rob
    I don't know what was causing the sound problems (erratic, crackling, choppy) earlier when playing Paratroopers. I restarted my Pre and now the sound is fine. I wonder if there was a background app that was somehow interfering with the sound. Strange.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorzeph View Post
    I restarted my Pre and now the sound is fine. I wonder if there was a background app that was somehow interfering with the sound.
    I'm glad to hear that it's resolved. Enjoy!

-Rob
  14.    #34  
    How many of you think a "Level Configurator" for Paratroopers would be a worthwhile addition? We've been using a primitive level builder for making the existing levels (that runs on the Pre), and we're beginning to think that building your own levels and challenges would be something that a lot of players might enjoy. Of course, there's a lot of work to do before it would be ready to ship with the product, but we'd love to get some feedback here first.

Would that be worth it to you?

Rob
    I am hearing the popping and crackling sound too. It's especially prevelant in the early levels if you unload a big amount of troopers and the chutes open automatically. My Pre sounds like rice krispies then!
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I am hearing the popping and crackling sound too. It's especially prevelant in the early levels if you unload a big amount of troopers and the chutes open automatically.
    Thanks for writing and providing the detailed info. After reading this feedback, I tried turning my system sounds volume way up and I can sometimes get that popping too (by dropping many troopers quickly and having their chutes deploy at nearly the same time). We tried adjusting the sound effects in a test version of Paratrooper so that fewer sounds are played simultaneously when many troopers are dropped--which can fix the problem but eliminates most all the sound effects. Unfortunate.

At this point it appears that there's not much we can do to remedy the situation without some help from Palm. The sound abilities of the device are quite limited today. I think the best advice if you're experiencing this problem is to turn off the sounds while playing by using the mute button on the top of your Pre. It's not hurting anything if you like the sound effects the way they are, but when a lot of sounds overlap right now, they might pop a bit (like you experienced).

On the brighter side, we're doing some preliminary testing with the latest release of the operating system (1.3.5) which allows us to access the accelerometer more frequently. This make the game even more fun to play and control. The accelerometer upgrade will be featured in the next release.

Sincerely,

Rob
    Rob,

How many of you think a "Level Configurator" for Paratroopers would be a worthwhile addition?
    +1: I do like the idea of user-created levels.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    Awesome game, Rob! Love the simple, yet playful graphics... and definitely challenging as I progress thru the levels.

But don't understand the objective on Level 27 (Drop 'n Go)??
    When I start the level... it basically says, "You have 20 secs. How many points can you score?"

Objective seems easy... just score alot of points in 20 secs, rite?
    So... I land a bunch of guys on the X, score over 1200 pts every time. But then the game says I failed. After failing, it says "You need all the points and a perfect landing to pass".

I know that I landed about 80% of the little dudes with a perfect landing. What am I missing?
  19.    #39  
    So... I land a bunch of guys on the X, score over 1200 pts every time. But then the game says I failed. After failing, it says "You need all the points and a perfect landing to pass".
    Thanks so much for writing. You're right--the text that the game presets on level 27 if you don't pass is wrong in this version. It should read:

You need 2000 or more points to pass.
    Your best bet is to try to land multiple troopers close together (for a 2x's bonus) and pull their chutes late for low deployment points.

Good luck!

Rob
    [redacted due to safely-landed paratrooper]
    Last edited by jadoogan; 01/05/2010 at 05:53 PM.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast