View Poll Results: Do you think the number of these Brighthouse Labs apps are getting ridiculous?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, we don't need an app for every team/ethnicity.

62 60.78%
  • No, I don't mind it, at least we have apps.

8 7.84%
  • Yes, but I don't mind.

5 4.90%
  • No, but if this keeps up...

1 0.98%
  • SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE!

45 44.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I thought it was enough when we got flooded with MULTIPLE sports apps for EVERY D**N TEAM by this Brighthouse Labs developer, but now, we not only have those, we have an app for recipes from EVERY SINGLE ETHNICITY. I wouldn't mind if we had a filter of some sort, to sift through these apps, but we have none, and the app catalogue list is instead, flooded with these apps.

[end rant]
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I fully agree, it sprint is able to make an nfl and nascar app that can cover all teams and divisions then why don't we have just one from brighthouse labs and now these recipe ones my god there are other recipe apps that don't need a separate pp for each kind of food, it hurts my brain at their lack common sense and greed, not that i would ever think of purchasing their products or consider purchasing future apps due to this, honestly.

Sorry needed to rant as well.
    can anyone make a patch to filter the apps?
    yea its ri-damn-diculous I HATE scrolling through them its so damn annoying. I kno that guy could create one app but he wants to be a tool and charge for each team in each sport? Really?its like oh the is 700 apps but 200 are these damn sports app and there are another 300 that are just about worthless. Some of these apps do **** that I can better accomplish with penn and paper and charge 1.99 for it. Sheesh
    Amish recipes? Really? 'Cause sooooo many Amish folks have PrPrPr&#$275$;$s$.

I agree, Brighthouse should be called ******-house. Something has to be done!
    Seen this somewhere before...hmmm.....

Brighthouse labs spamming App Store - iPhone Dev SDK Forum
    There is no doubt that most of the Brighthouse Apps are ridiculous. Being as 80% of the apps in the catalog are basically of the same caliber I fail to see how this could possibly tick anyone off.

If you don't like them don't buy them.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Most of the other apps in the app store at least are being made uniquely and by different people actually trying to make a functional app that a group may want to use. remember most apps appeal to someone but these are just ridiculous and shouldn't just be copy and paste of each other, brighthouse labs made no attempt to be unique within its app so thats the difference, as a lot of apps i don't find appealing some people might disagree and vise versa, its just brighthouse creates this disturbing trend of having to scroll through their countless copies just to see the ones that i would even consider.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    If you don't like them don't buy them.
    I won't. And the fact of the matter is that I'm now far less likely to buy any other app. Why? Because I don't want to scroll through the torrent of Brighthouse crap.

It's bad enough to slog through the endless stream - 80% is about right - of useless apps simply to see if there's something useful. Add this Brighthouse/Arctic Gerbil crap and now you have 90% crap.

Something needs to be done.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Any recipes for Vegan Amish? That's a market segment that hasn't been fully exploited in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
    Any recipes for Vegan Amish? That's a market segment that hasn't been fully exploited in my opinion.
    Now that's just crazy talk - LOL!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Let Palm know how you feel!
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA
    its annoying at best irritating, aggravating, annoying all together at worst!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by jdub2027 View Post
    Let Palm know how you feel!
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA
    Thanks for the suggestion and link. I submitted my feedback and encourage others to do so as well.

I suggested an "ignore" feature or simple Brighthouse block as the sheer number of spam-like apps makes browsing the catalog cumbersome and they'll likely lose sales because few will sift through the ridiculous repetitive BL apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottitude View Post
    I suggested an "ignore" feature or simple Brighthouse block as the sheer number of spam-like apps makes browsing the catalog cumbersome and they'll likely lose sales because few will sift through the ridiculous repetitive BL apps.
    Same here, hopefully enough people will voice their opinions so that Palm will take some action.
    yeah some type of policy of abusing the app catalog for ridiculous clones of the exact same app pulling different data from a server.
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Hopefully people do not buy these ridiculous apps and this nonsense will stop.
    They need a new category for this stuff... And I got a few names in mind.