1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

I found a way to transfer data from the beta version of Shopping List to the App Catalog version of Shopping List without having to do all the re-entering.

Note: You must read these directions very carefully in order to successfully transfer your data.

STEP 1

1. Connect your phone in USB mode
    2. Click on the folder named .app-storage (Make sure you can view hidden files and folders)
    3. While in the .app-storage folder, click on the folder (depending on your version of webOS):
    • webOS v1.0.0 - v1.3.1
      • file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.mojoapps.shoppinglist_0
    • webOS v1.3.5+
      • file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.mojoapps.shoppinglist_0

4. Copy the file with the .db extension (this is usually the only file in there) and copy it to your PC.
    5. Send an email with the database file to support@adaptivecode.com

STEP 2

1. You can now uninstall the beta version of Shopping List.
    2. Install Shopping List from the App Catalog.
    3. Close Shopping List

STEP 3

1. Wait until I send back the original database file that you sent me in STEP 1.

STEP 4

This is where you have to pay attention

1. Connect your phone in USB mode
    2. Click on the folder named .app-storage (Make sure you can view hidden files and folders)
    3. While in the .app-storage folder, click on the folder (depending on your version of webOS):
    • webOS v1.0.0 - v1.3.1
      • file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.mojoapps.shoppinglist_0
    • webOS v1.3.5+
      • file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.mojoapps.shoppinglist_0

4. While in the file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.mojoapps.shoppinglist_0 or file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.mojoapps.shoppinglist_0 folder, notice the name of the database file.
    5. Rename the database file that I sent back to you to the name of the database file that is currently in this folder.
    6. Delete the database file in the file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.mojoapps.shoppinglist_0 or file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.mojoapps.shoppinglist_0 folder
    7. Now, copy the database file that you just renamed into this folder.

STEP 5

1. Start Shopping List
    2. Your data should now be in the new version.
    Last edited by Bryan Roth; 01/22/2010 at 06:37 PM. Reason: made change to handle users with webOS v1.3.5
    +1

Copied the .db file & e-mailed it to support@mojoapps.com; uninstalled Homebrew v0.3.2; installed v1.0 from App Catalog; received back the file I'd sent (presumably tweaked somewhere); renamed it and put it in the named folder; worked like a charm.

Thanks for your help, Bryan; best of luck to ya.

Regards,
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    +1
    Great job. Worked for me too. Thanks Bryan!
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I wish I had seen this before I uninstalled my old version. Oh well, time to start over. lol
    This worked great and I now have all of my lists in the new version!

Bryan, your quick response is very much appreciated!

Kelly
    Thank you very much! My wife is happy now
    Thanks, Bryan. That worked great for me. Very much appreciate your quick response. I use this app constantly - you have done a great job!
    I was able to follow these directions to replace the default db file with the one that Bryan converted for me. Thanks.

However, with the new default location for apps with the 1.3.5 update, the name of the new .app-storage folder for Shopping List has changed from file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.mojoapps.shoppinglist_0 to file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.mojoapps.shoppinglist_0. So the converted file must be copied to that location instead.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ajs26 View Post
    I was able to follow these directions to replace the default db file with the one that Bryan converted for me. Thanks.

However, with the new default location for apps with the 1.3.5 update, the name of the new .app-storage folder for Shopping List has changed from file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.mojoapps.shoppinglist_0 to file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.mojoapps.shoppinglist_0. So the converted file must be copied to that location instead.
    Thanks a lot for posting this!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Thanks very much for your help, Bryan! You've saved my a couple of months' work after I updated my webOS system. All is working. Your quick response is greatly appreciated. I am still trying to learn more of this Shopping List. So far, it's a very useful one.