Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    So today I was out on the road and really had to use the restroom. Got to the gas station, ran in, and the attendant told me the light didn't work. Should I try to go in the dark or hold it until I got to the next station?

Neither! There's an app for that. Pregame's My Flashlight app.

Turned the app on, put the Pre face down on top of some paper towel on top of the towel holder and had some nice mood lighting.

Try doing that with an iphone.

Thank you, Pregame. You saved my pants.
    did you use flashlight app which ligts up screen or the patch that uses the camera flash as a led flashlight?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    OP is referring to the camera flash.
    In the bathroom ... paper towels ... mood lighting ... I don't even want to know what you were doing, LOL.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Haha I love that app.
    It was one of the first homebrew apps to come out on the Pre too.

I wish I could install it still.
    After a replacement I could not put it back on my Pre.
    did you use the two flashlight ipk files? I installed on a replacement pre
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    i still have it installed on a replacement pre as well.
    Haha, great little story!
    As big and snazzy as many apps (or anything in life, for that matter) try to be, sometimes the best are just the simple ones...
    Where can I find My Flashlight? I've trying to find it since I first bought my Pre two weeks ago.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Good story! I personally can't stand using the restroom in low lighting conditions.. especially one I'm not familiar with.. yuck.

I thought I had heard that the app may do some damage to the LED by providing too much juice and burning it out.. or something along those lines. I never followed up with it thought. Can anyone confirm this or was that proved wrong?
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I use it maybe every other day at least once. I have used it a few time when on a run at the firehouse and needed a flashlight for a moment and did not have the one from the truck. Have even used it under a dash or looking at the back of electronic components.
    Quote Originally Posted by wmz505 View Post
    Where can I find My Flashlight? I've trying to find it since I first bought my Pre two weeks ago.
    Rooted Pre or maybe can be found through .ipk files.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post

I thought I had heard that the app may do some damage to the LED by providing too much juice and burning it out.. or something along those lines. I never followed up with it thought. Can anyone confirm this or was that proved wrong?

LED lights rarely burn out - they don't produce the same heat as regular (halogen type) bulbs. Not even close. Theoretically, the only way to burn out LED bulbs is to meet or exceed the number of hours that they are designed to illuminate. Many LED's are designed to illuminate for 10's of thousands of hours.