1.    #1  
    I installed free Mytether using Jason's installer on 1.2.1. Since it has not worked since 1.3.1, I have decided to delete it. Is there something special I need to do to delete other than orange key, then delete? And delete the service.
  2.    #2  
    Anyone have a clue?
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    Anyone have a clue?
    I'm waiting for a reply too. I previously deleted it via the "orange key" method as well for the same reason you indicated, and that was it. I'm not sure what you're referring to regarding the "service"? What service is there other than the program itself? Hopefully someone with more knowledge re: My Tether than us will chime in as well re: your "service" question, but can you clarify what you're referring to so that I can check my Pre as well? Thanks!
    If you have Preware, it will show you if you have any services related to MyTether still installed. It will also give you the ability to delete it if it's there.
  5. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    If you have Preware, it will show you if you have any services related to MyTether still installed. It will also give you the ability to delete it if it's there.
    Yes - thanks. I thought that was what ToDiveFor might have been referring to, but there is no such service listed. Under Installed Packages -> Services in Preware, I only have GStreamer Service (for Precorder) and Package Manager Service installed, so either there is no such Service for MyTether, or ToDiveFor must be referring to something else. Thanks anyway for chiming in!
    I don't remember if it was listed in "Services" or if it showed listed in "Unknown", but I do remember seeing it in Preware. If it's there, it will show - and allow you to delete.
  7. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I don't remember if it was listed in "Services" or if it showed listed in "Unknown", but I do remember seeing it in Preware. If it's there, it will show - and allow you to delete.
    I think because I had already deleted it via "Orange Key" method, it's not going to show up any more in Preware, but thanks anyway. I also checked under Installed Package -> Unknown, and nothing there either. Maybe that answers ToDiveFor's question. Once deleting via "Orange Key", there doesn't appear to be anything else left to delete....
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    I think because I had already deleted it via "Orange Key" method, it's not going to show up any more in Preware, but thanks anyway. I also checked under Installed Package -> Unknown, and nothing there either. Maybe that answers ToDiveFor's question. Once deleting via "Orange Key", there doesn't appear to be anything else left to delete....
    Deleting advanced homebrew (like patches, themes, services, plugins, linux applications, etc) will not work.

In this case, the service is probably still installed and running on your Pre.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  9. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Deleting advanced homebrew (like patches, themes, services, plugins, linux applications, etc) will not work.

In this case, the service is probably still installed and running on your Pre.

-- Rod
    Rod - Thank you very much for the feedback! So any thoughts, in this case, how to uninstall the service? I found some threads on deleting My-Tether via root, but when I type in those commands, I get a response indicating that nothing was done because the files do not exist.....Perhaps the "Orange Key" method of delete did work for some reason in this case after all? Any other ideas on how to make sure the service isn't still running? Thanks for any further insight!
  10.    #10  
    Sorry for the delay. Attached is the service I was referring to. It displays in Webos Quick Install. I could not find it in Preware. I was thinking maybe delete the service and then do the orange key?

Just found it in Preware.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by todivefor; 12/13/2009 at 03:04 PM.
  11. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    Sorry for the delay. Attached is the service I was referring to. It displays in Webos Quick Install. I could not find it in Preware. I was thinking maybe delete the service and then do the orange key?

Just found it in Preware.
    It looks to me like you've located the application package that would be deleted by Orange Key, not some other service associated with the application. I imagine that I don't see them because they were removed when I deleted by Orange Key. It would seem to me that Orange Key or deleting via Preware or QuickInstall would all achieve the same thing. If I'm mistaken, hopefully someone can correct me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    It looks to me like you've located the application package that would be deleted by Orange Key, not some other service associated with the application. I imagine that I don't see them because they were removed when I deleted by Orange Key. It would seem to me that Orange Key or deleting via Preware or QuickInstall would all achieve the same thing. If I'm mistaken, hopefully someone can correct me.
    The orange key does not run the post-installation or pre-removal scripts that actually integrate plugins and services into the webOS operating system.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  13. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The orange key does not run the post-installation or pre-removal scripts that actually integrate plugins and services into the webOS operating system.

-- Rod
    So is your suggestion that I reinstall My-Tether and then remove it via Preware by clicking Remove under the List of Installed Applications? Thanks for your insight.