Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I had to exchange my Pre with sprint. The proximity sensor died, so the screen would black out sometimes. They gave me a new (refurbished) phone.

But, not all of my apps restored, and I can't find some of them in the app catalog. Big ones, too. I can't find Pandora, Yelp, or SplashID, and they didn't automatically backup on my phone. I have webOS 1.3.1.

Any ideas about whats going on?
    you may need to do a partial erase . whats the total number of apps you see on the catalog??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I've got 20 on my phone. not sure how to see how many apps are showing up for me in the catalog
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I talked to someone from Palm (via their chat program). I'm not 100% sure that the agent actually understood my issue, but he suggested that those apps are not compatible with v. 1.3.3 yet. Thoughts?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    *oops 1.3.1
    what what what? V1.3.3?

Wow...got a tad excited there....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I recently exchanged my pre due to hardware issues. Some of the apps that I downloaded (specifically, the New York Times app) on my old pre were missing in the App Catalog in my new pre.

I performed the exact same searches on a friend's pre and the missing apps were available in her App Catalog.

I tried doing a partial reset but no dice.

I am big fan of the NYTimes, and would much appreciate any advice on how I can download this app. Thanks!
    Yeah my wife just got a Pre, and her App Catalog only has 500+ apps, whereas mine shows over 700. I can't get the the NY Times app....it's just not there.

What's this all about?
    Have you guys checked that your phones are updated to 1.3.1? Can't speak for the other apps, but Pandora is definitely compatible with 1.3.1. You can use the browser to go to mobile.nytimes.com and bookmark it. This is what I do, haven't used the app.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Capncurly (or anyone else) - did you ever find a solution? I just received a refurbished phone yesterday and I have the exact same problem where only a tiny fraction of my backed up apps appear on the refurbished phone and the total number of apps in my app catalog is 213.

And I am on 1.3.1.

Thanks.