Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Are either of these available or compatible with the Palm Pre?
    Last word was DTG was supposed to come out sometime early 2010.

It can't come soon enough..I miss it from my Treo 755!
    Documents To Go for webOS

same here, every now and then need to modify a doc file on the go, hope it'll be VERY early 2010...
    I have Classic and I've been debating on whether to try using the old Palm OS version or wait for it to be available for WebOS.

Jim
    I have been using it on Classic since day one. Works fine when classic works
    It's the "when Classic works" part I'm having trouble with. Really hope the 1.3.5 upgrade brings some relief to this problem.
    jim
    Same here with regard to Docs2Go and Classic. Unfortunately, Palm has twice messed Classic up with its OTA updates (once by delaying a needed component, and more recently by breaking something on which Classic depends for stability), so for right now (only until the next Palm update, hopefully), Classic is not as reliable as it should be. Documents To Go for PalmOS on Classic is basically the only on-device editing option for Office docs, though, until/unless the new webOS version is released (or someone else beats Dataviz to the punch).

Obligatory addendum: whatever the software solution, editing is not nearly as easy as it would be if Palm added Bluetooth keyboard support to webOS! {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post

Obligatory addendum: whatever the software solution, editing is not nearly as easy as it would be if Palm added Bluetooth keyboard support to webOS! {Jonathan}
    Hear, hear!!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Same here.
    +1
    I do miss that along with the ability to have the 700wx as an extension of my computer.
    I have been using my google docs through the web. Maybe if some developed an app that connects back to the google docs until DTG comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by que180 View Post
    I have been using my google docs through the web. Maybe if some developed an app that connects back to the google docs until DTG comes out.
    You can edit docs on your Pre w/ Google Docs? I tried and couldn't figure how to edit???
    Quote Originally Posted by que180 View Post
    this would be nice. I was just going to post also that since I am already logged into google on my phone I should be able to upload documents to g-docs right from their viewing app, and pics right from the photo app(light you can to facebook). Maybe even an option in the browser to save document downloads and pictures to your google docs account
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    So where is Folio 2?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I wonder if open office could be ported over? It does run on Linux.
    screw the keyboard. How about a d-pad/trackpad to navigate through text easily. Would make cut/copy/paste so much easier not to mention navigating through text boxes. It's freakin impossible to cruise through text in a box unless all the text fits in the space of the box. Touch being the only method of nav (gestures don't count here) is just plain dumb. I love the 4-way buttons on my moment. Typing and editing is leaps and bounds better on it than the Pre or Pixi because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post