Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1.    #81  
    I said this in another thread, but after further thought on this, I think Palm is doing the right thing here, just that Brighthouse Labs is taking advantage.

You can't be more open than Apple, and yet at the same time reject apps for any non-technical reason. You can either choose to be entirely open, or you can choose to restrict what gets in there. Palm has pretty obviously chosen to be open with what gets into the catalog.

In the future, the $50 per paid app fee will prevent this from happening, as previously mentioned in this thread. Since it's early in the process, Palm has decided to waive that fee for the time being, and Brighthouse is taking advantage and submitting as many apps as possible before they start charging.

In the future, once Palm starts charging, maybe Brighthouse will keep releasing their applications, maybe they won't. But I'd bet that they won't pay the $50 per app fee to get them in the catalog, so most likely they'll just be sold via their own website or something, which will at least stop the spam.
    Once the App Catalog comes out of Beta, maybe Palm should require a discounted registration fee from the current programs for their inclusion in the release App Catalog. Even $5-$10 might dampen Brighthouse's enthusiasm.
    The common sense thing would have been to create one per league. Then you could set up which teams to follow.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I hear their next app will be a separate app for each element in the periodic table.
    After that, a dictionary/ thesaurus. Scratch that, a dictionary first and THEN a thesaurus, each released in 26 different installments.
    Finally, the grand vision.. the complete unabridged Encyclopedia Brittanica, with a separate app for each subject entry. Collect 'em all!
    Quote Originally Posted by davecttt View Post
    The common sense thing would have been to create one per league. Then you could set up which teams to follow.
    Not when your motives are to have the maximum number of $2 sales for the minimum of development effort.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345