Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    out of the now 754 apps in the catalog 132 of them are brighthouse.. Now they have put out a dozen or so recipe apps.. I can't stand to look at the catalog anymore.. It may as well be the brighthouse catalog as far as I'm concerned.!
    Okay. So this is really starting to get on my nerves. This is absolutely ridiculous. Is there literally anyone that can make a patch to hide all apps made by brighthouse labs?
    their plan is to put about 2000 clone apps on the catalog, then put one app that "hides" all of them for $10. They will make a fortune!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJspeed View Post
    their plan is to put about 2000 clone apps on the catalog, then put one app that "hides" all of them for $10. They will make a fortune!
    Ha! No joke.
    All of these so-called "apps" seem like part of an actual app.

With that, the Palm App Catalog slogan could be...

"There's an app for part of that."
    I say we all write brighthouse labs emails daily telling them crap and spamming them. Lets bug them like they are bugging us
    jhoff80, any thought into changing the title of this thread to Brighthouse labs sucks (or something similar) and then maybe a mod can merge all of the Brighthouse related threads into this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    "There's an app for part of that."
    LMAO.

All this really is sad. They are spamming us now so that they can get 'in' before the $50/app charge. Once that is in place, game over.

But Palm, come on! Implement a 1 app per day limit per developer. That should be a way around the legal issues.

But then again, I can almost see some Palm exec approving this just for the sake of numbers. Ben & Dion must be cringing and asking for pay bonuses to stay on board right about now...
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    jhoff80, any thought into changing the title of this thread to Brighthouse labs sucks (or something similar) and then maybe a mod can merge all of the Brighthouse related threads into this thread?
    Only mods can change a thread title.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Only mods can change a thread title.
    Oh I know. I was just wanted to get your approval first before requesting a change to the title since it is your thread. How does "Brighthouse Labs - A separate App for Everything?" sound?
    While I agree Brighthouse Labs @ 132 apps is the worst, we also have to look at crap from Dijit @ 17 & Europa @ 23.

Unfortunately, what we're seeing from these 3 "developers" is just the start, unless Palm cares to get control of it.
    Simply ridiculous
  13.    #73  
    Apparently the recipe apps only have a small handful of recipes in each one too. One of them I read a review for said they only had 4 or 5 recipes in it.
    Apparently the recipe apps only have a small handful of recipes in each one too. One of them I read a review for said they only had 4 or 5 recipes in it.
    Seems like a pretty stupid kind of app anyway. Why wouldn't someone just use their web browser.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Someone wrote that they dont care about any team other than theres. That is fine. But the likelihood is that this is a web app anyway. It pulls news/etc from one stored db. So no reason it cant be an all in one, where you choose your team, similar to the nfl app as someone else wrote. I honestly don't care that its there, since as of now due to the app limit I haven't purchased anything. But going forward I feel sorry for developers of good apps, and those who spend time looking through the store only to get frustrated that they can't find anything between all the garbage(same problem that is on the iPhone). Although the High # of apps is applauded on the iPhone, I'd much prefer 1000 useful apps, to which maybe a handful of 50-70 are useful for me and different combinations work for everyone else as opposed to 100k of duplicates etc. But alas that is not how things work.

I do hope that similar to the swipe to delete in other apps, we can delete apps from showing in the store, and also we can create a blacklist for creators. Likely i will not purchase a brighthouse lab app because of this ridiculousness. I mean if they make a genuinely good app i will get it ofc, but i wont buy one of these stupid ones. $1.99 for apps that you can just go to like a mobile version of a sports site to get for free.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Let Palm know how you feel!
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdub2027 View Post
    Let Palm know how you feel!
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA
    Palm has made it clear on the developers forum that they don't want to force restriction. If anyone, let Brighthouse Labs know how you feel. Contact Us
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Palm has made it clear on the developers forum that they don't want to force restriction. If anyone, let Brighthouse Labs know how you feel. Contact Us
    Agreed, and Chuq made some good points. But to be honest, letting Brighthouse know isn't going to do squat, they do the same thing in the Apple App Store. At least letting Palm know will encourage them to add some sort of optional filter/block.
    i don't think that will do a single thing. Brighthouse has shown on the ipod platform that they do not care about that. They will make as many of these apps as they can. i dont' think satisfying customers is their goal. Asking them to police themselves is like the wolf to guard the hen house. I think that will do nothing. They are out to try and make money. they have tons of apps with bad reviews on both platforms. Doesn't seem to stop them. I think if Palm wants a catalog full of crap they are 100% on their way too it cause that's whats there now. But it's their choice. But lack of restriction surely isn't winning me over if the result is more spam apps.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Apple is doing something about it, why can't Palm?

Is Apple cleaning up the App Store? - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Brainstorm Tech
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast