Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Can we please get more complaints?
    I feel like we don't need BrightHouse Labs and the such flooding Palm's App Catalog.

I thought Palm was trying to avoid this...

Quality > Quantity please.
    Quote Originally Posted by jakerome View Post
    Where is this Twitter feed you speak of?
    Palm App Catalog (PalmNewApps) on Twitter

Maintained by Chuq
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    In this case, it isn't about what is good or boring for me. It is about that fact that you should be able to distribute a single app that allows you to select what team to follow. Otherwise, the developer is just being lazy.
    In this case, it seems more like dollars over common sense, hoping people will buy more than one to follow several teams. That, or they're just idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Can we please get more complaints?
    I feel like we don't need BrightHouse Labs and the such flooding Palm's App Catalog.

I thought Palm was trying to avoid this...

Quality > Quantity please.
    anyone know a place to give feedback to Palm.

i hope this get's addressed by the Podcast too.
    What about the $50 charge, is it waived while the app catalog is in beta? I'd think it would be costly to spam at $50 a pop.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    funny i looked at the Palm Forum and a search for "brighthouse" brings up nothing. Do they not allow dissent there? The forums don't look exactly organized either so maybe they don't exactly have a lot of engaged users either.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Oh and by the way, the apps suck. Really suck. I might as well have burned the $1.99 i just paid.
    Apple is belatedly taken action against these developers. It has banned a couple of developers who were gaming the store and removed their hundreds of "krapps" from the store.
    What's this App store you're talking about?

Homebrew all the way! Pay for quality, ignore the quantity!
    Quote Originally Posted by ponyfool View Post
    What's this App store you're talking about?

Homebrew all the way! Pay for quality, ignore the quantity!
    In the big picture a well run, profitable app catalog, is good for Palm's and those profits fuel innovation, the hiring of more people to tackle issues current with Web OS, help develop new versions of web OS, and lots of other things that would benefit all users of Palm devices. I'm not saying don't use homebrew aps, or that any person should pay for something that they think is NOT quality. But i think you shoot yourself in the foot pitting homebrew and the app catalog against each other. That said. I've found pretty much nothing in the app catalog that interests me. Which is probably why this Brighthouse labs bothers me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighthouse Labs
    Our applications currently sell on the Apple App Store and the Palm App Catalogue. In both markets we are amongst the largest developers and our apps satisfy a wide range of needs and wants. These apps are well received, frequently making the App Store's top ten and staff favourite lists.

Big fat liar.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Ithink the idea is stupid.

didn't read thread
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    anyone know a place to give feedback to Palm.

i hope this get's addressed by the Podcast too.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

I sent in how I felt about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighthouse Labs
    Our applications currently sell on the Apple App Store and the Palm App Catalogue. In both markets we are amongst the largest developers and our apps satisfy a wide range of needs and wants. These apps are well received, frequently making the App Store's top ten and staff favourite lists.
    Big fat liar.
    No, it is true. The App Store top ten and staff favorite were just generated by Brighthouse Labs staff.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    dont ya'll know thats how apple catalog got so big ! heh heh
    Yeah, but now I can't say "at least the Palm app catalog isn't full of useless crap".
    i just ran a diff on the source code from the different Brighthouse Labs apps. Out of all of the code, there are only 2 lines different between each app.

Nah, not really, but I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. I haven't downloaded any of their apps, nor will I. However, if I were spearheading their dev team, I'd make one consolidated app with content downloaded and db'd based on the user's favorite team(s). You could do that, price it $0.50 more, and bet on making a lot more money. They are just giving themselves a bad name doing what they are doing.

On a side note, I think Palm should rethink how the "Popular" tab is sorted. A lot of apps (<Insert Quiz Name Here> Quiz) have 5-star ratings, but from only 1 or 2 users. Maybe something like the way NewEgg does it.
    I see they just dumped a few more into the app catalog today. Multiplying like bunnies!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    A few is an understatement!! This is getting ridiculous.
    my biggest problem is all of their "pending Krapps" are holding up other developers apps .

that and I can't stand seeing 120 of the same Krapp sport app.. I'm also a little miffed at djit for following brighthouse with the backround swutcher
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinejag View Post
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

I sent in how I felt about this.
    thanks. just used it.

Quote Originally Posted by herrjj1 View Post
    A few is an understatement!! This is getting ridiculous.
    good god yeah it is. i just logged into itunes app store and they have tons of garbage apps and pretty much everyone i clicked on had one star. and several reviews said it's basically a link to a rss news feed for the team, a link to a yahoo web page and a chat that doesn't work. Not to mention the app tends tend update a week late so the news is always old. nice. Again i hope this gets nipped in the bud.
    Last edited by blackmagic01; 12/14/2009 at 05:26 PM.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast