Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    +∞

It's not even like it's numerous versions of a quality app...Actually, it looks like something that belongs on a Motorola RAZR.
    It's actually making me nauseous just thinking how stupid this is. I really might email them and ask them what the heck were they thinking. This is pretty frustrating.
    Seeing the Twitter feed of new apps kind of ticked me off. But I'm in a foul mood today for many reasons. I'm really sick of tiny little crap programs rolled out in quantity diluting all of the work of the many developers who have put out good stuff. Be it these sports apps or the stupid picture programs.

It is sad that we are no different than the App Store with developers that think their devices users are morons.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Seeing the Twitter feed of new apps kind of ticked me off. But I'm in a foul mood today for many reasons. I'm really sick of tiny little crap programs rolled out in quantity diluting all of the work of the many developers who have put out good stuff. Be it these sports apps or the stupid picture programs.

It is sad that we are no different than the App Store with developers that think their devices users are morons.
    Theres always homebrew...
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    Theres always homebrew...
    That isn't the point. The average users will try to find decent apps in the App Catalog and be blinded by all these crap apps that have a different version for every variable, because the developers doesn't know what the heck they are doing.

Limit the App to one team. Fine. Simple. You don't need 50 apps for that.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    That isn't the point. The average users will try to find decent apps in the App Catalog and be blinded by all these crap apps that have a different version fro every variable, because the developers don't know what the heck they are doing.
    Ya, I know, and I agree with you, but at least for more techy users there is a way around the mess.

Eventually, once htere is a good number of nice apps there will be some review sites that link to the app pages in the catalog directly. I think that will alleviate the problem of just browsing a list full of crapware.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I hate this too. It makes Palm look like it's trying to be like Apple.

Just remember what you may find exciting, others may find dull and boring. What you may find dull and boring others may find exciting. Just be glad that people are making Apps.
    A wide variety of apps makes this phone more appealing to people and will encourage other developers to step it up.
    yes, on the surface it may be helpful in terms of press...looks like there are nearly 700 apps...but with brighthouse taking up like a 100 with these bs apps, its quite annoying...wasn't palm trying to push qualit over quantity...I'd almost rather have 100 fart apps (can't be far behind with this kind of crap coming into the catalog). If brighthouse had taken the time to make 1 quality app where you could just pick your teams, they could have made a lot more money...I personally am still waiting for a good sports app...I guess all we can do is send our feedback to palm and brigthouse and hope they listen...in the meantime w just have to sort through the clutter in the catalog!
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    its up to 94 apps now
    They just dumped another load of sport team apps this evening, bringing the app catalog to over 700.

jim
    dont ya'll know thats how apple catalog got so big ! heh heh
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Palm should implement some sort of automatic grouping for this kind of apps, and just group them all up together as a single app, even if the developer submitted hundreds of them.

So the App Catalog can get big in numbers, but takes the advantage away from these lame developers spamming the App Catalog.
    Not to detract, but what about the apps accumulating from Dijit...

Each one seems to be simple a limited music or photograph collection...

Brighthouse + Dijit = 115 or 16%
    It's ridiculous. They are doing soccer teams now. Do you have any idea how many frickin professional soccer teams their are on the planet? And they clearly are NOT trying hard because one app is titled "London Che". I know a bit about soccer and got on google looking for "London Che FC" or something. Now maybe i missed it but I soon figured out that yeah they probably meant Chelsea. Especially when i saw another app for "london Ars". Really. "Ars".

The description even says "If your a huge fan of London Che..." "You'll always be the most Knowledgeable football fan..."

Now you'd think they'd know the team is Chelsea not London Che. And if they want to be supplying the knowledgeable fan with info they probably don't want to **** up the name. Football fans tend to be a touchy lot and sometimes prone to fly off the handle. And i'd suggest if they intend to market this in the UK they not title them "soccer fans" cause Brits living in Britain can get all ****y about that ****.

But the reality is they don't actually give a ****. i'm sure all they are doing is taking public news feeds anyways. I doubt they are doing much work for this. And i just google Brighthouse labs and complaints come up first.

App Store Hall of Shame: Brighthouse Labs | Just Another iPhone Blog

some iphone forum complaining
    Brighthouse labs spamming App Store - iPhone Dev SDK Forum

2,000 Apps Later, BrightHouse Labs Still Sucks | KRAPPS | a different and funny iPhone app review site

But considering that the iphone store is full of this crap already i think contacting Brighthouse is a waste. This is App Spam. No more. No less. I think you it's Palm that has to be the ones to recognize that they've spammed Iphone and to be the gatekeeper of their own house before it's full of tons of crap as well. Because the iphone seems to have shown that they will go to 2000 apps of crap if you let them. And you can add all the Pichunter apps into this category as well. Palm said quality not quantity. Can't say they are hitting the mark yet. I hope they ditch some of this stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    For users like myself, this isn't a bad thing at all. I only care about MY team, I don't need a huge app hogging space on my Pre with information about 29 or more teams that I don't care about.

Now I would think that there should be an "All Teams" app available in addition to the single team apps. This would give people the choice if they do in fact want to follow more than just their team.

I just wanted to take a minute to point out that I said this before I saw the horrible quality of these apps.

If someone put out a QUALITY app that was centered around just MY team, I would be interested, but I can get much more from my team's mobile site than I can from these sh!t apps.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I just wanted to take a minute to point out that I said this before I saw the horrible quality of these apps.

If someone put out a QUALITY app that was centered around just MY team, I would be interested, but I can get much more from my team's mobile site than I can from these sh!t apps.
    Good save!

Where is this Twitter feed you speak of?
    Ha, this one was my favorite with the letter from the other software company.
    Quote Originally Posted by davecttt View Post
    Just remember what you may find exciting, others may find dull and boring. What you may find dull and boring others may find exciting. Just be glad that people are making Apps.
    A wide variety of apps makes this phone more appealing to people and will encourage other developers to step it up.
    In this case, it isn't about what is good or boring for me. It is about that fact that you should be able to distribute a single app that allows you to select what team to follow. Otherwise, the developer is just being lazy.

It told me.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast