Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This thread was created so everyone could submit their feature requests for Shopping List in one area. Please, feel free to submit any feature that you think would make Shopping List that much better.

You might also find it easier to post your requests at our support web site.

Feature Requests

Under Consideration:
    • add ability to copy and transfer store aisles between stores
    • add a best store price feature
    • find a way to import HandyShopper databases
    • add ability to move or copy items between lists
    • add price comparison feature
    • add option to make lists private and include a pin or password
    • translate into German
    • translate into Spanish
    • select which items to email/sms

Planned:
    • GPS
      • add GPS location to stores
      • add ability to load list automatically when entering store
      • add ability to toggle location reminders when getting close to store
      • add ability to associate a list with a store's GPS location
    • take a picture of items and save as thumbnails to associate with items

Under Development:
    • web app
      • Add/Edit/Delete lists
      • Sync lists with your webOS device
    • secondary sorting
      • sort by aisle then by item name
      • sort by store then by aisle
      • sort by store then by aisle (my order)
      • etc.

Implemented in v1.1.0:
    • make checkbox easier to tap
    • toggle sales tax for all items
    • sort items by store
    • add ability to link template items to list items
    • add ability to link store items to list items
    • add ability to delete all items from 'have' list
    • incorporate saving on back gesture
    • unit types for items e.g. case, bag, pounds, cans, etc
    • add the "done choosing items" button to the aisles screen to eliminate swiping all the way back to stores screen
    • copy entire stores
    • cleaner interface
    • option to keep screen on always while in list

Implemented in v1.0.5:
    • add preference to hide notes
    • add preference to show notes when sending a list via SMS/Email
    • add ability to filter list items when typing
    • add preference to toggle auto-complete

Implemented in v1.0.0:
    • remove "Choose Template Lists" button from Add List scene
      • add option to add items from template lists under a shopping list
    • auto-suggest items when adding/editing items
    • change item name to a smaller font and move the quantity & price below item name

Rejected:
    N/A
    Last edited by Bryan Roth; 02/24/2010 at 01:02 AM.
    Not a feature request, but a question ABOUT feature requests: can you keep a running list of all the ideas and their status (i.e. whether it's under consideration, been rejected outright, or if it's in the process of being implemented, etc.)? That way we know what's going on and what's already been suggested, so we don't request something that's already been requested.

Unless you WANT to see duplicate requests in order to judge the demand for a certain feature... but I usually just 'thank' any post that has a feature I want to see.

/Kevin
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    Not a feature request, but a question ABOUT feature requests: can you keep a running list of all the ideas and their status (i.e. whether it's under consideration, been rejected outright, or if it's in the process of being implemented, etc.)? That way we know what's going on and what's already been suggested, so we don't request something that's already been requested.

Unless you WANT to see duplicate requests in order to judge the demand for a certain feature... but I usually just 'thank' any post that has a feature I want to see.

/Kevin
    You bet! Good idea. I will put a list in the first post of this thread to keep track of feature requests.
    I emailed the grocery list for the week to my wife, and literally like a day later the power button on my phone quit responding so i backed up the Palmdatabase.db3 and wiped it clean since i knew i would need to swap my phone at the sprint store...

So here's my request: can you tell us what file to backup or is there a way to store a backup / restore database file? i spent waaaaay too much time getting all the aisles and prices entered and then couldn't restore them like i could with the Palmdatabase.db3 file (Very nice feature to "send fie" or "receive file" from webosinstaller btw)

Second, since i didn't feel like entering them all back in that day, and knew i had emailed my wife the list, i had her email it to me before we went to the store. Worked out great, as it looks perfectly formatted on the email client from the Pre. Just one thing... No aisle numbers in the email. Since things were ordered pretty much by how i normally shop if i missed something i knew it was probably back one aisle, but an option to have the aisles listed in the email would be really handy.

anyway, GREAT app. i was so lost when i got to the checkout and didn't know within 5 dollars of what the bill was going to be! LOL.

Keep up the great work!
    Last edited by Crewser; 12/07/2009 at 11:00 PM. Reason: I can't spell "isle" correctly!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crewser View Post
    I emailed the grocery list for the week to my wife, and literally like a day later the power button on my phone quit responding so i backed up the Palmdatabase.db3 and wiped it clean since i knew i would need to swap my phone at the sprint store...

So here's my request: can you tell us what file to backup or is there a way to store a backup / restore database file? i spent waaaaay too much time getting all the aisles and prices entered and then couldn't restore them like i could with the Palmdatabase.db3 file (Very nice feature to "send fie" or "receive file" from webosinstaller btw)

Second, since i didn't feel like entering them all back in that day, and knew i had emailed my wife the list, i had her email it to me before we went to the store. Worked out great, as it looks perfectly formatted on the email client from the Pre. Just one thing... No aisle numbers in the email. Since things were ordered pretty much by how i normally shop if i missed something i knew it was probably back one aisle, but an option to have the aisles listed in the email would be really handy.

anyway, GREAT app. i was so lost when i got to the checkout and didn't know within 5 dollars of what the bill was going to be! LOL.

Keep up the great work!
    Hey Seth,

Make sure you can view hidden files and directories so you can access the /.app-storage directory. When connected via USB mode, the sqlite database file is located in the /.app-storage/file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.mojoapps.shoppinglist_0/ directory. After that, you can just copy it to your pc.

I'm working on incorporating aisle numbers when emailing lists.

I really need to get on the web app so you can backup your data that way.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Two thoughts:
    1. There should be a way to hide prices. Some of us only use as a shopping list, without need to total up what we are buying. I prefer to have the Aisle showing rather than price, list Handyshopper allows.
    2. Until we can import HandyShopper, I wouldn't make the switch b/c I can still use HandyShopper in Classic. I want to switch, but the idea of re-typing all my lists is daunting.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13 View Post
    Two thoughts:
    1. There should be a way to hide prices. Some of us only use as a shopping list, without need to total up what we are buying. I prefer to have the Aisle showing rather than price, list Handyshopper allows.
    2. Until we can import HandyShopper, I wouldn't make the switch b/c I can still use HandyShopper in Classic. I want to switch, but the idea of re-typing all my lists is daunting.
    Hi,

You can hide prices with your lists. You can also sort by aisle. To toggle the use of prices in your list:
    1. Go to the main screen where all your lists are
    2. Tap on the notepad icon next to the list to edit
    3. You will see a toggle button to turn on or off prices

I am currently looking into finding a way to import HandyShopper databases.
    So does, "add ability to filter list items when typing" mean, that like HS, if I begin typing b...r... that bread and other items with br in them will be displayed? Because that is my biggest wish--also it would be nice to be able to type a word and if it doesn't come up, be able to click new and immediately make it an item. Thanks and great work so far.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ternest View Post
    So does, "add ability to filter list items when typing" mean, that like HS, if I begin typing b...r... that bread and other items with br in them will be displayed? Because that is my biggest wish--also it would be nice to be able to type a word and if it doesn't come up, be able to click new and immediately make it an item. Thanks and great work so far.
    Hi there,

Yes. This is currently being implemented and will be in the next update.
    My humble requests:

1. It would be nice to be able to be done adding items without having to go back to the store level, i.e. some sort of button within aisles or stores.

2. It seems logical to have a unit field within the database, i.e. case; bag; pounds; cans; or etc., because it would be nice to know have it for reference.

Thanks for the great app!
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    My humble requests:

2. It seems logical to have a unit field within the database, i.e. case; bag; pounds; cans; or etc., because it would be nice to know have it for reference.

Thanks for the great app!
    X2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Apps View Post
    Hi there,

Yes. This is currently being implemented and will be in the next update.
    Thanks, Bryan! You've got a great app so far--definitely the best of the bunch. I use a shopping list more or as much as any app on the Pre, so I need it to be great. Keep up the good work. BTW-I just PMd you my DB and also re-requested the "filter while typing," function. I know you are working on it now and won't ask again

Todd
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Hi Bryan,

I have used the program in various beta versions and LOVE it! It took me a bit to figure how to get my credit card working with the App Store but a chat with Palm fixed that. I purchased it yesterday and I have a question (and maybe I missed the answer somewhere) ... I would like to import the info contained in the default store into a store I created (Kroger) which would save me, a very slow typist, a great deal of time. Thanks for creating what I find to be an essential (and the best) Pre app.
    Any chance a Google or desktop interface could be possible using Google Docs? I used to use Splash Shopper and having the desktop interface was a great way to work on my grocery list when working off of recipes...On next sync my list was updated on my system.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerbe View Post
    Hi Bryan,

I have used the program in various beta versions and LOVE it! It took me a bit to figure how to get my credit card working with the App Store but a chat with Palm fixed that. I purchased it yesterday and I have a question (and maybe I missed the answer somewhere) ... I would like to import the info contained in the default store into a store I created (Kroger) which would save me, a very slow typist, a great deal of time. Thanks for creating what I find to be an essential (and the best) Pre app.
    I don't think this is possible yet, but I think he has it on his todo list. Pretty sure, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by lazarustx View Post
    Any chance a Google or desktop interface could be possible using Google Docs? I used to use Splash Shopper and having the desktop interface was a great way to work on my grocery list when working off of recipes...On next sync my list was updated on my system.
    There's going to be a dedicated web interface for this where you can make and share shopping lists that will sync back to your phone. He had registered www.mojoshopper.com at one point, but then the name change didn't go through thanks to Palm, so I'm not sure what it's going to be, but I believe that's actually his #1 priority at this point.

/Kevin
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    I don't think this is possible yet, but I think he has it on his todo list. Pretty sure, anyway.

There's going to be a dedicated web interface for this where you can make and share shopping lists that will sync back to your phone. He had registered www.mojoshopper.com at one point, but then the name change didn't go through thanks to Palm, so I'm not sure what it's going to be, but I believe that's actually his #1 priority at this point.

/Kevin
    Thanks Kevin!

The ability to copy/transfer items between stores will be possible in a future version. I do have that on the to do list. I have also been working on a web app to allow everyone to manage, sync, and backup their data. Like Kevin said, this is a #1 priority because user's data is always a #1 priority.

Some bad news...
    Palm also told me that I cannot use the name "Mojo Apps" for my company name because I am infringing on their "Mojo" trademark. This is understandable. I have no choice but to rename my company. This is all very frustrating because I have to change everything here on PreCentral, get a new domain name, change my email, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Apps View Post
    Some bad news...
    Palm also told me that I cannot use the name "Mojo Apps" for my company name because I am infringing on their "Mojo" trademark. This is understandable. I have no choice but to rename my company. This is all very frustrating because I have to change everything here on PreCentral, get a new domain name, change my email, etc.
    They couldn't have told you this... uhh... you know.... sooner?? Sheesh. What a hassle.

/Kevin
    Yeah...How comical they told you after the app is in the catalog.

I'm very sorry to hear about the additional problems because you have such a well put together app.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Hi there. Love the app - closest to HandyShopper yet and have purchased it (the gold standard, at least for me from both my palm and windows mobile days). There is one thing I love that seems to be missing - a "checkout" button which deletes everything on the "already have" list. I can't find a way to delete my items without either a) deleting the list and then creating a whole new one, or b) deleting each item manually after I have already checked it off.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Also, I just noticed that the amounts do not copy over from "all" to "needed." That is, when I am on the "all" screen, I see that all of my things cost $16.50. When I tap "needed," the list remains but the total is reset to $0.00.

Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast