Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by autochef View Post
    Hi there. Love the app - closest to HandyShopper yet and have purchased it (the gold standard, at least for me from both my palm and windows mobile days). There is one thing I love that seems to be missing - a "checkout" button which deletes everything on the "already have" list. I can't find a way to delete my items without either a) deleting the list and then creating a whole new one, or b) deleting each item manually after I have already checked it off.

Thanks!
    Awesome. Thanks for suggesting this. I added this to the to-do list.

Also, I just noticed that the amounts do not copy over from "all" to "needed." That is, when I am on the "all" screen, I see that all of my things cost $16.50. When I tap "needed," the list remains but the total is reset to $0.00.

Thanks!
    This bug has been fixed in the next update.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Hi there. Love the app - closest to HandyShopper yet and have purchased it (the gold standard, at least for me from both my palm and windows mobile days). There is one thing I love that seems to be missing - a "checkout" button which deletes everything on the "already have" list. I can't find a way to delete my items without either a) deleting the list and then creating a whole new one, or b) deleting each item manually after I have already checked it off.

Thanks!
    If it helps, I remember that HandyShopper conceptualized it as the difference between "one-time-only" and permanent items. I entered everything as one time only all the time, which meant that checkout deleted everything. This would be even more handy for yours, since there is already that useful database of items to pull from
    When adding a new list or new item, I think a back swipe in the gesture area should return to the last screen (up 1 level) and also save what was already entered instead of cancelling the add process would make Shopping List more consistent with other webOS apps.

Thanks. This is my most often used paid app.
  4.    #24  
    If it helps, I remember that HandyShopper conceptualized it as the difference between "one-time-only" and permanent items. I entered everything as one time only all the time, which meant that checkout deleted everything. This would be even more handy for yours, since there is already that useful database of items to pull from
    I agree. There will be a feature to "checkout" while in the "have" area of lists.

Quote Originally Posted by odontastic View Post
    When adding a new list or new item, I think a back swipe in the gesture area should return to the last screen (up 1 level) and also save what was already entered instead of cancelling the add process would make Shopping List more consistent with other webOS apps.

Thanks. This is my most often used paid app.
    Good point. I'll add this to the feature list.
    Hello
    How are you
    ;-}
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomenon View Post
    Hello
    Hi!

How are you
    Good, and you?

;-}
    ^_^
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    My mother has a Pre, and we've bought this app for it based on the reviws we've seen so far. For her, the two most important feature request are:

1) Import. She has arthritis and will not be able to type in a lot of info on the phone. So, she'd really like to import her SplashShopper databases.

Those would be a one-time thing. But in addition, she may produce lists from her book database. So, being able to periodically clear a list and re-import it from a file produced by her database would probably be useful.

2) Maintain on the PC. I've read that you're working on a web interface. That would probably be sufficient.

Drake Christensen
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty View Post
    1) Import. She has arthritis and will not be able to type in a lot of info on the phone. So, she'd really like to import her SplashShopper databases.

Those would be a one-time thing. But in addition, she may produce lists from her book database. So, being able to periodically clear a list and re-import it from a file produced by her database would probably be useful.
    I could probably help you do a one time import of the SplashShopper databases. Send an email to support@adaptivecode.com and I'll help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty View Post
    2) Maintain on the PC. I've read that you're working on a web interface. That would probably be sufficient.
    The web interface is going slowly but I hope to have it done soon. This will greatly enhance this app since you will be able to make backups, manage your data, and sync with your phone.
    App is working really well for me. Looks like some nice suggestions are already being worked on. Good to see that (linked lists will be a great addition!).

In the list of lists, can you add a sort order by number of items? Quick way to put lists that actually have active items at the top.

Also, if each list could have its own sort order vs. all of them being whatever the last viewed list was changed to, that would be nice. Some stores I need by aisle, but others it makes more sense to go custom or alpha.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Roth View Post
    I could probably help you do a one time import of the SplashShopper databases. Send an email to support@adaptivecode.com and I'll help you out.
    Very cool. Next time I'm over there I'll get them to you. Sometime this week.

Drake
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Checkout Button! Thank You! You probably just made at least one additional sale (to my wife).
  14.    #34  
    Checkout Button! Thank You! You probably just made at least one additional sale (to my wife).
    No problem. It's a great feature.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12