Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by rayln View Post
    hey man, been following this app since homebrew.
    I certainly don't mind the change from ad supported to paid app.

it's pretty slick for under a buck, I certainly wouldn't mind paying even more of a premium if the following could be implemented:
    - search function
    - browsing through archive
    - deeper function integration (comments, rating etc. as supported by the sites themselves)
    - I've noticed the smds feed only displays every two or three days? strange.

I know you're already working on some of these, would love to see this app's functionality expand. and like I said, these features could definitely justify a price increase.

anyway, I'll keep spreading the good word.

by the way, think you could look into fmp support?

for those who don't know:
    fmp = fmeplease.com
    first off thank you very much! i will certainly add fmp thanks for letting me know about it! like i said most of the feeds ive found have been user submitted so if anyone else has any more ideas deffenetly let me know.

the smds feed is unfortunate, he used to update it every day, but it looks like its fallen a bit by the wayside lately, hopefully it will pick back up again here in the future.

i certainly am working on figuring out how to implement all of those things, the problem at the moment though is that only fml has an api to access entries further back than they publish regularly (as well as comment, rate, etc...)

search is something that will be coming.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu View Post
    for what its worth, SMDS is a twitter feed, that goes through ups and downs of increased content... so, some weeks youll see 3-4, others, 1 or none.

Great app, second app cat purchase.

However, if you do end up adding a ton of feeds... any chance they would be user sortable? Allowing us to put our favorites on the first page, etc
    that is a fantastic idea and is something i will move to the top of the to-do list!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    any chance of sprucing up the UI of the app a bit?
    maybe making that bar at the bottom scroll la twee?
    especially once more feeds drop.
  4.    #64  
    well unfortunately it looks like unless i remove a good deal of the new feeds and censor the content, palms going to pull it from the catalog. Im not certain of this, but the reviewer isnt too happy with the new (and some old) content.

the lite version got pushed to web dist, but the catalog versions are held down. how do you think you'd feel if the content was censored (im hoping they will except a simple **** approach.
    Last edited by nautilusx; 02/02/2010 at 08:54 PM.
    To hell with that!

It's not the Palm's (or anyone else's, for that matter) place to censor anything. That's bull****. If they give you some sort of **** over "we're trying to protect children, blah, blah, blah" tell them maybe PARENTS should do some actual ****ing parenting and stop blaming everyone else in the world for their children's behavior.

On a slightly more direct note, could you add a menu option to turn censoring on/off? I'm all for freedom of choice as well as Freedom of Speech. Maybe add a "Parental Control PIN" to the menu options for turning censoring on/off?

This is one of the few Apps I have that makes my iPhone friends very jealous, and I REALLY want to continue to use this app.

Another suggestion - Maybe a "preview/trial" version you can release through the app catalog directing people toward a Paypal Donate link for the full version so you can just sell the uncensored version outside the App Catalog?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    that seems rather heavyhanded on palm's behalf.

I notice that none of the twitter clients are censored.

even blockchalk (which depends entirely on user-generated content) has an option to turn censoring on/off.

bring these examples up to your reviewer.
    this certainly seems rather strange considering the more suggestive apps currently available (the various women in/with bikinis/large breasts/hips/etc.).

I don't understand why this is even a problem?
    the app (in its current state) is basically a glorified rss feed reader.
    perhaps if gtnm came in an empty state (i.e. no preloaded feeds) with the user option to set certain allowed feeds (fml, tfln, etc.) with the caveat being that it is up to the end user's discretion what content they populate the app with your draconian reviewer would back down.

worst case scenario, raise a stink about it and let those who've purchased the apps and bloggers distribute negative publicity about palm 'til they change their ways and/or clearly outline what is acceptable and how to go about these situations.
  7.    #67  
    Those are all great ideas. I wrote a very long and detailed rebut to the reviewer who has dismissed it. I also tried to post on palms forum asking why some things were allowed and others not, and gave why my other app, "gossip fix" was rejected. unfortunately the thread was promptly locked so i've no idea if its happening to other dev's or not.

I completely agree that none of the twitter clients or rss readers are censored and that it is frankly unfair that because gtnm focus' on one genre it is ostracized.

i do now know that, apparently, no vulgar or offensive language is allowed in any part of the app.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I saw your thread.

that is complete and utter bs.

your app is no different than any other in the sense that it merely aggregates information from other sources.

I could easily use any of the rss clients to pull the same feeds from fml et al.

I hope your reviewer is able to promptly answer you and have this ridiculous situation taken care of.

let us know how things go.
    worst case scenario, raise a stink about it and let those who've purchased the apps and bloggers distribute negative publicity about palm 'til they change their ways and/or clearly outline what is acceptable and how to go about these situations.
    Let me know who I need to ***** to, and I'll be more than happy to do so.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I just checked the other fml clients in the catalog.

I used the beta versions of both and don't remember either forcing censorship.

one of the apps (fmlshake) even includes the 'f***' in its logo.

maybe a good idea to try and reach out to those devs and see if palm has given THEM a hard time as well?
  11.    #71  
    Though they are not admitting it, i think that the content guidelines have changed and they are more strict in enforcing them now. I suppose its not a huge travesty to have ****** instead of the word, but it just feels like its burning calories where its not needed.
    could you have an uncensored version on the online store?

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    I actually just found and installed this app today. I was LMAO at work. I think it's bull **** palm would try something like that. People have the choice to either download it or not, if you don't like "bad" words then don't download the app.

I hope Palm doesn't turn the app catalog into a fruit market...
  14.    #74  
    Thanks much for downloading! I completely agree. im going to see if i can get them to accept a version with user selected censoring on/off. as it stands, they were pretty adamant that i do it and there was no way around it. to those that dont like it i am very sorry and im just trying to get you the best product possible within the current limits!
    This is a great app! I have had it since the lite version was in homebrew and I liked it so much I bought it when it came out in the app catalog. I can't believe Palm would censor it. If you are offended by it, don't download it. Censoring it would be ineffective as well because a person can just use the browser and go to the web site and see the uncensored version if they wanted too. Is Palm going to stop us from looking at stuff through browser too?? Maybe put a warning on it like "contains adult language/content" in the description in the app catalog but getting rid of it or censoring it is just too much.
    Glad to see Palm allowed you to push out an update without censoring everything!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    Glad to see Palm allowed you to push out an update without censoring everything!
    it is censored.
    there's a built-in, non-optional swear filter.
    also, neither the fmp or fmsl feeds made the cut apparently...
    it is censored.
    there's a built-in, non-optional swear filter.
    also, neither the fmp or fmsl feeds made the cut apparently...
    well, ****! I would've sworn that I loaded into all the feeds and nothing was censored.

Dear Palm,

****** you for supporting censorship.

-Ozmodiar.

WHAT THE CRAP?! I can't say "F S C K" or "F * * K" here either?! ********* I HATE CENSORSHIP!
    @nautilusx

GTNM is a really good app....
    And I beleive its not fair on Palm side to not let this app through to the Apps catalog...
    the app in itself has no "bad language"...

And also. I'm using you app since it was beta...
    But unfortunalty I can buy the current full version...
    the App catalog says that its not available in my region...
    I'm in Montreal, Canada, with Bell as my Carrier....

Is there something you can do to make it avail here?

Thanks
    I think I've run into a "bug" that I haven't noticed until recently, and I don't remember it being mentioned...

Whenever I go to forward a post (via SMS or Email) anything that was in quotes in that posts displays as "quot;stuff that was actually in the postquot;"

For example, from IMMD:

Original Post - I was on my boyfriend's facebook and I saw that he became a fan of "Looking at your ex and realizing you've majorly upgraded"

Forwarding VIA SMS - I was on my boyfriend's facebook and I saw that he became a fan of quot;Looking at your ex and realizing you've majorly upgradedquot;
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast