1.    #1  
    *****Update - check us out in the official app catalog!

The Adam Carolla Podcast Application for webOS lets you stay in touch with the current works of Adam Carolla. He currently records his podcast 5 days a week with celebrity guests including: Dr. Drew, Bobby Slaton, Andy ****, Joel McHale, Seth McFarland, Seth Green, Mike Tyson, and more! Topics are all over the place and there is something for everyone to love. This app is not a necessity to listen to the podcast (found at carollaradio.com), it simply makes it easier with your webOS device.

Easily listen to his podcasts with links to the files that you can stream from anywhere!

This application has feeds for the podcast, the Carcast, Adam's twitter account, the unofficial messageboard, a list of links, and an easy way to call into the show.

should be up soon on homebrew, and hopefully (fingers crossed) up soon on official!

im trying out ads here and hope they work out...

Last edited by nautilusx; 12/16/2009 at 02:12 AM.
    Cool idea. I currently download the podcast daily using Dr. Podder though it regularly gives me errors downloading, hopefully your app will work better. Nicely done adding in the twitter, message and call in. Cant download now as my filecoaster stopped working so I'll give some feedback after i get a chance to dl over QI.
  3.    #3  
    thank you very much! yea i was using dr podder for a while as well. unfortunately i couldn't implement the downloading/playing in the app itself because that is as yet (i believe) an undocumented api so for the time being it has to stream, but it works well enough for my usage and hopefully everyone else's!
    nautilusx,

Love the app... First, I must say, I've never listened to a podcast before (until Yesterday). I've always been a fan of Adam Carolla and I had no idea he even did a podcast. So far the app works flawlessly and I really like that its add supported rather than paid!

I do have one question though, Is it possible to have the podcast end when its over, rather than loop to the beginning? I listened to it as I was laying down for bed last night only to wake up a few hours later with it still on.

Edit:

You might want to add some more tags to it for the official app. catalog. Searching for Adam; Carolla; Adam Carolla; Podcast; doesn't find it...
    Last edited by MLJones8; 12/11/2009 at 10:01 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    nautilusx,

Love the app... First, I must say, I've never listened to a podcast before (until Yesterday). I've always been a fan of Adam Carolla and I had no idea he even did a podcast. So far the app works flawlessly and I really like that its add supported rather than paid!

I do have one question though, Is it possible to have the podcast end when its over, rather than loop to the beginning? I listened to it as I was laying down for bed last night only to wake up a few hours later with it still on.

Edit:

You might want to add some more tags to it for the official app. catalog. Searching for Adam; Carolla; Adam Carolla; Podcast; doesn't find it...

Thanks much!! well im certainly glad you found it, and as an adam carolla fan im sure you will enjoy his podcast, as well as the carcast, the upcoming home improvement podcast, and the upcoming parenting podcast put out by his wife and teressa strasser (formally of his morning show). i will be updating the app with those podcasts as soon as they are available, as well as streaming classic loveline eppisodes.

The looping thing is a problem with streaming files, i have been looking into a way to get that to stop but havent found out a way as yet, but i am adding download functionality into the app so you can just download the podcast and play it without an internet connection (and it will not/ should not loop)

i will attempt to get those tags added in the store, thank you very much for pointing that out!

thanks for using!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Great job on the App but where did it go? Had to exchange my phone (power button issue) and now the App is gone.....
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by johntd View Post
    Great job on the App but where did it go? Had to exchange my phone (power button issue) and now the App is gone.....
    Its in the official app catalog now!
    I tried to download the app and its not in the app catalog. Is it called something other then Adam carolla podcast?
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    nautilusx,

Quote Originally Posted by adamdmills View Post
    I tried to download the app and its not in the app catalog. Is it called something other then Adam carolla podcast?
    The search tags are not in the app...

You can more easily find it by clicking recent and scrolling down the list.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    anybody else getting errors with this one - every time I try to stream I get an error

I currently podcast the show the old school way, streaming would be great, but it doesn't seem to work for me
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    This is one of my annoying ten post i have to place..
    Love the podcasts but sometimes I'll get an error and lose the stream. When I go to restart that same podcast, the status bar showing the time where I am in the podcast is gone and there's no way of starting that podcast anywhere but the beginning. (When the status bar is there, I can usually move to any point in the pod case). This really sucks if I've already listened to more than 20 or 30 minutes already....have to start over at the beginning.

Anyone else have this problem or know a work around. I've tried restarting the app, as well as restarting the phone, and neither seems to work. Please Help!

J.B.
    I really enjoy this app, finally I get Adam Corrolla again at work. Your interface is awesome quick and neat. I have also gotten a drop from time to time but that is just my connection dropping. When it does drop I restart wait for it to begin and drag the bar over to where I think I last left off and it takes a sec but it reconnects at that spot on the timeline.

This is a great app.