Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If I could I would rate 90 percent of the palm Pre apps 1 star. I don't know what pathetic waste of life form thinks that its ok to settle for these rediculousely pathetic excuse for an app.. I know the Pre has the specs to be able to play all the cool apps iphone can play.. But yet day by day piece of sh** apps get thrown into the app catalog wasting our time and money. I don't know who these people that run this show think they are putting these half *** apps in the market for people to spend there money on and you think these are worth real american currency. **** NO I wouldn't spend a ****in penny I found on these apps.... Ur telling me palm you have the smarts to create this lovely phone with touch technologie and can't find A ****ING DESCENT Developers to design above a average apps not these stupid simple minded rookie *** apps. Honesly who actually thinks that CONNECT 4 IS WORTH 5 GOD DAMN DOLLARS UR OUT OF UR ****ING MIND. THAT GAME ISN't WORTH THE BATTERY USED TO FIND AND DOWNLOAD IT.. LET ALONE god damn dallors I don't even think there a free app on iphones market that is not better then everysinle app on Pre other then pandora one of iphones top rates games is less then 5 dollars withe better graphics and palm has the nerve to try to charge us 5 ****ing dallors for this dumb *** connect 4.
    Last edited by Hawley; 12/05/2009 at 11:38 AM. Reason: missed somthing
  2.    #2  
    li never thought I would see the day a company like palm would ever even begin to think that the app catologe is a dead end piece of **** waste of time.. Because it seems that know one know how to develop a touchphone worthy app
    well you will see them as soon as palm brings up the gpu which is currently not even in use but it will be pretty soon then you will see the better apps in the catalog for sure but thats not saying that there are not a bunch that are very nice in my opinion and for you to be so rude and to downplay all the work people have done is sucky imo and if you want betters apps why dont you learn how to make them like most of the dev's did for the apps in the catalog right now.then you will have the right to complain that others are not making apps as good as you are!!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Id love too see what you have contributed to the palm project? Have you ever tried developing an app or know what it takes to put one together?

touch technologie?? thats all that drew you in? "Oh it has touch it must have apps and games like iphone.." You seem like a pretty stupid consumer that does not research or consider what hes buying.
    Check out GetMeVino!
    Seek Therapy ASAP, major anger issues I wonder what pathetic waste of life conceived you.
    Can we say waste of time?
  7.    #7  
    ok well lets see the only contributing i will be doing ever to palm is simply buy the palm product and use it.. Concerning app catalog i will contribute to it with my dollar when the provide a decent quality freakin app. Its funny that your Ignorant mind wanted to mention what drew me in.. is that ooohhhh ya touch technology so it must have app.. well f*cko maby when a company invest in putting capacitive touch screens into a phone and put a app catalog on the device trying to save what palm has left.. and then spitting these unworthy apps out. Dude im not a developer and if i were i sure as hell wouldnt let anyone see my work if it was like that knowing that the 2 competitors are dominating and i expect people to pay 5 DOLLARS for connect 4. Talk about research like i said i know what the pre can and cant do. so dont post a stupid reply talking about research. The pre is well more then capable of running apps like the iphone..Dont get me wrong i love this phone but not the developers..
    You obviously don't know what your talking about you can stop now.
    Check out GetMeVino!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawley View Post
    ok well lets see the only contributing i will be doing ever to palm is simply buy the palm product and use it.. Concerning app catalog i will contribute to it with my dollar when the provide a decent quality freakin app. Its funny that your Ignorant mind wanted to mention what drew me in.. is that ooohhhh ya touch technology so it must have app.. well f*cko maby when a company invest in putting capacitive touch screens into a phone and put a app catalog on the device trying to save what palm has left.. and then spitting these unworthy apps out. Dude im not a developer and if i were i sure as hell wouldnt let anyone see my work if it was like that knowing that the 2 competitors are dominating and i expect people to pay 5 DOLLARS for connect 4. Talk about research like i said i know what the pre can and cant do. so dont post a stupid reply talking about research. The pre is well more then capable of running apps like the iphone..Dont get me wrong i love this phone but not the developers..
    Palm has yet to release a full SDK or even any GDK.
    Palm has only set the pricing to be a minimum of $0.99 and they don't control what developers charge, so don't talk about Palm screwing up because a DEVELOPER wanted $5 for an app that they invested heavily in.

You should have checked some stuff out before buying the phone, because it was WIDELY known that the app catalog had few apps and nothing that was extremely advanced. Until flash and java development come with possibly some c or c++, it is unlikely any app will please you.

If you can't wait probably 4-6 months until the advanced apps are out, then return your phone and switch to the iPhone which you seem to want to do even though Palm is 10x better with the fact that THE MAJORITY of their OS is open source, NOT TO MENTION, they brought multi-tasking before Apple (which has none), etc. Please wait until developers are ABLE to develop games and advanced-capability apps or LEAVE and do everyone else some good.

BTW:
    technologie is properly spelled technology
    descent is when you go down in altitude, I think you mean decent
    I personally find several of the games to be great considering I know what the SDK is capable of and it is amazing that games like Card Ace and Word Ace are out. You have to remember that JavaScript is not a game engine. Until a GDK is out, you won't see any games that are out for iPhone or any modern game console.
    Last edited by Arthur Thornton; 12/05/2009 at 06:04 PM.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    i'm with hawley. i just would have maybe expressed my opinion in a much nicer, less hostile way lol. ive posted the same thing in another thread that every single app seems to be a dupe of something that is already there or useless in some way. not to mention SOOO lackluster. i loveee this phone so i'm not "complaining" per sey, just waiting patiently for things to improve (drastically.)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Palm has yet to release a full SDK or even any GDK.
    Palm has only set the pricing to be a minimum of $0.99 and they don't control what developers charge, so don't talk about Palm screwing up because a DEVELOPER wanted $5 for an app that they invested heavily in.

You should have checked some stuff out before buying the phone, because it was WIDELY known that the app catalog had few apps and nothing that was extremely advanced. Until flash and java development come with possibly some c or c++, it is unlikely any app will please you.

If you can't wait probably 4-6 months until the advanced apps are out, then return your phone and to the iPhone which you seem to want to do even though Palm is 10x better with the fact that THE MAJORITY of their OS is open source, NOT TO MENTION, they brought multi-tasking before Apple (which has none), etc. Please wait until developers are ABLE to develop games and advanced-capability apps or LEAVE and do everyone else some good.

BTW:
    technologie is properly spelled technology
    descent is when you go down in altitude, I think you mean decent
    I personally find several of the games to be great considering I know what the SDK is capable of and it is amazing that games like Card Ace and Word Ace are out. You have to remember that JavaScript is not a game engine. Until a GDK is out, you won't see any games that are out for iPhone or any modern game console.
    there was no thanks button but u said a lot that i didnt know and i feel informed now haha. but like i said in my post just above this one, im patient and this phone is sah-weet
  12.    #12  
    alright spell check is on the top of my list today.. welp not to worried about it. Other then that. i love this phone i would never switch to the iphone i was simply using it as an example it being one of the top competitors. alright moving on to research again i know that this phone wasnt going to have a massive impressive app store granted its a brand new OS every app goes through palm before its released in to the store. Therefor them being the ones to screen. It seems to me that there not concentrated on quality apps there worried about numbers numbers numbers trying to get as many apps out as possible. but look at the ratings of these there horrible u really think that's a great move. Whats this talk about multitasking in. that was completely irrelevant to the subject. thats like 80 percent why i choose pre over iphone.
    you do know that about 80 to 90 percent of iphone apps are not very good apps right from what i hear they downright stink but its not for me to judge just sayin, how many apps do they have in their store and how many does that mean are worthless by the numbers of what some iphone users are sayin thats alot of useless apps lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you do know that about 80 to 90 percent of iphone apps are not very good apps right from what i hear they downright stink but its not for me to judge just sayin, how many apps do they have in their store and how many does that mean are worthless by the numbers of what some iphone users are sayin thats alot of useless apps lol
    10% of 100,000 still equals out to 10,000 good apps compared to palms 20.

every single app may be useful to somebody, depends what you do for a living, for a hobby etc. the more apps your phone has that met your needs the more useful your phone is.

I have to agree that apps are extremely important and I am very disappointed that after 6 months palm only has less than 500 apps in the catalog and yes they are very poor considering the capabilities of the phone. I think users should be even more upset that they have a gpu processor chip in the phone that they paid for which is still not being used and has shown no promise of being used in the near future.
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    I would have been a little more articulate with the thought train, but I agree that customers should be critical of the current batch of apps. Unfortunately, Palm is under an illusion that these current apps are good, and they are evangelizing the webOS SDK pretty hard. One prime example is their own Facebook app. If they can release something like that with a straight face, then it says a lot.

We always talk about how the app catalog is beta, the SDK is in its infancy, etc, etc. Well, before we can see real improvements, somebody at Palm needs to raise their own expectations.
  16.    #16  
    BRILLIANT REPLY BRO. Well if you look at it like this. take the worst rated apps on the iphone from 1 to 3 stars and replace those with all of the pre apps the average pre consumer will rate these apps as the top rated most amazing apps. cause there standard must be that low. Yes it has been six months still and only 500 apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawley View Post
    BRILLIANT REPLY BRO. Well if you look at it like this. take the worst rated apps on the iphone from 1 to 3 stars and replace those with all of the pre apps the average pre consumer will rate these apps as the top rated most amazing apps. cause there standard must be that low. Yes it has been six months still and only 500 apps.
    don't be fooled by the inflated numbers there are at least 50 europa picture trivia apps and at least another 50 apps are duplicate apps because palm did not allow for trial versions so many apps have a free and a paid version which are each counted as individual apps.
    Dudes, I understand the frustration, but you have to know that the developers are severely handicapped by the lousy SDK they have to work with. Did you ever try to play the latest FPS game on a computer with no video driver installed (like, with default VGA support and nothing else)? You can't do it, it's impossible, and even if you did manage to install and play the game with the lowest quality and resolution settings, it would look CRAPPY and respond like a snail. This is where we are now with the pre. Now I don't know why palm hasn't released a good SDK yet, but you can be sure that they want their flagship phone to be an iphone killer since it has the hardware capability and is only lacking the graphics support. Hang in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Exactly. Who needs hundreds of flashlight apps?
    My first title "Wobble Words" was geared for what I expected to be a challenging environment to develop games. It was no piece of cake, but the results are comparable to similar puzzle games on the iPhone and Android, and I even managed to get some sound and music in there. I have several tech demos for other titles which are on hold not so much for the GPU but for better sound support (sorry, Palm, it's so crappy right now and holding up several game titles).

There are some *really* useful and worthwhile apps in the catalog. Like any catalog though, you really need to spend a little time reading reviews and such, or be willing to sink a few hamburgers' worth of cash into impulse buys.

I have purchased about a dozen apps from other developers, and a few definitely stand out: Yak, Twee (Yak is my favorite these days, but both are faster and more responsive then my iPhone Twitter apps) and Word Whirl. There are a lot more out there, and I'm going to continue sinking a few bucks here and there into the catalog, especially when Palm opens up the app limit on my phone (soon I hope!).
    Dave Balmer, Gobico Games

Thanks for your support! Check out Wobble Words 2 and Poker Drops available now in the App Catalog for Palm Pre and Pixi, and follow us on Twitter @GobicoGames to get the latest news.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast