Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    I am surprised that no one has created an app that allows you to edit mp3s on your phone to create ring tones. Is there such an app or is anyone willing to create one?

WebOS already allows us to use any mp3 as a ring tone, however, I think an app that allows you to cut and edit a song to play the section you like, it would be great.

What you guys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by shotyme View Post
    I am surprised that no one has created an app that allows you to edit mp3s on your phone to create ring tones. Is there such an app or is anyone willing to create one?

WebOS already allows us to use any mp3 as a ring tone, however, I think an app that allows you to cut and edit a song to play the section you like, it would be great.

What you guys think?
    I could get on board with this. I currently use Audacity to make all of my ring tones, but having a Pre based program to do it could be handy.

D
    I think you're much better of doing this kind of work on your desktop and then downloading it (I use Audacity as well). Trying to do any kind of precise edits with a teeny touchscreen would be difficult at best (hard enough on a decent monitor with a mouse).
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    I think you're much better of doing this kind of work on your desktop and then downloading it (I use Audacity as well). Trying to do any kind of precise edits with a teeny touchscreen would be difficult at best (hard enough on a decent monitor with a mouse).
    Not really. I did it on a treo quite easily. They had features that allowed you to skip by either seconds or milliseconds. If should not be too difficult. Besides, I don't want to have to rely on using my computer to edit ringtones. I rather do it on the fly, since I travel quite a bit
    my brothers HTC hero has an app like that, and I think its very useful. Specially now with Multi-mod browser patch, were able to download mp3's (from dilandau.com). and with an app like that, edit them without having to connect to a computer. Sounds good to me.
    you can also give Ringtone Expressions a try. Ringtone Expressions - Home
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    I agree, I use my Nero 9 to edit my ringtones, much easier on my computer, then I just download it onto my phone.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I agree, I use my Nero 9 to edit my ringtones, much easier on my computer, then I just download it onto my phone.
    The only problem with that is that I am not always by my computer. Sometimes I want to do it on the fly. It is normally easier to do everything on the computer, but not always the most convenient.

I guess the first question is can this app be done given the current APIs available?

Second, is anyone willing to take on the task and make one?
    I am currently in plans to do this with an app. It will require a custom service, but I plan to have a full service made for YT2V for WebOS and this, among other things.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup