Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    mrgreenbeans,

Thanks for posting. After seeing your comments, I decided to shell out for NewsRoom and am initially VERY impressed with the fit and finish. This is a highly polished app; the praise is well deserved. I tried feeds beforehand and didn't like the interface as much.

One thing that I would LOVE to see added to NewsRoom is landscape mode with the screen-by-screen scrolling ability enabled. That's typically how I read, and it would additionally allow for larger images to be displayed. Keep up the good work!
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
    Rizp - Thanks for your comments, I'm glad you are enjoying it. Thanks for the feedback I will make sure to share it with the rest of the team.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    there's no feeds app anymore for european users as feeds is expired on 10. december.
    there's no full app-catalog for us european users, app-catalog is in beta, palm is in beta, palm is trash
    Hmm from reading this I thought that newsroom synced with google reader... bought it and it does not...

It however is a great app, very impressed. Now how to figure out how to sync all my rss feeds... Is there a way to have it play nicely with a feeder on my pc so i am not looking at so much duplicate content?

Do you guys have the setting to update in the background? Does it eat up the battery life?
    Last edited by gianthobbit; 12/16/2009 at 11:38 PM.
    Is the only benefit from using a reader that you can read offline?? And that is not true of all of them?

I have just been using google.com/reader to read and manage my feeeds from the pre, but am wondering why not...

So, why use another reader instead of just a web link to my G-reader in the launcher?
    I'm a big fan of scoop personally, very nice app.
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    there's no feeds app anymore for european users as feeds is expired on 10. december.
    there's no full app-catalog for us european users, app-catalog is in beta, palm is in beta, palm is trash
    I've just sent 'Mr Feeds' a PM to see if he can do us another time limited version in HomeBrew, to keep us going until we get access to the full calalog.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Huge fan of NewsRoom, ...worth every penny.

I had an issue a week or so ago, with the feeds not updating, ...sent an auto diagnostic email to the dev, from the help menu of NewsRoom, and within 3-4 hours, I received a very simple and straight forward reply; "Try it now." it read. NewsRoom was again working perfectly.

Flicking between feeds and stories within a feed is fast and intuitive.
    stories can be quickly saved and mover to a "starred" folder just by pressing a button within the story.

Wish there were more apps as useful and well made as NewsRoom.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post

Wish there were more apps as useful and well made as NewsRoom.
    Just wish I could access the full Palm Apps catalog to try it
    Thought of the day :
    SCOOP is not updating anymore.... ANyone else? I am always getting an error message.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    SCOOP is not updating anymore.... ANyone else? I am always getting an error message.
    I had that happen yesterday also. Try signing out of your google acct. on scoop and then enter your login info again. That fixed it for me.
    There is a free alternate now News Feed :

http://forums.precentral.net/hobbyis...news-feed.html
    Thought of the day :
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    also, as P|C recently reported, Google Reader updated their site for webOS a bit, offering some more usability. check it out.
    I saw two NICE videos for Newsroom and am tempted to get it but I really want Google sync with Reader.

anyone that likes Scoop or Feeds, would you be willing to post a Youtube demo???
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    News room also has notifications for the individual site you want, i have it notifiy me when precentral gets new articles. Cant beat it and i bought all the rest none of them can do that (notifications is for all articles or none, cant specify).
    2009 was the year I sold my soul to Google and started using GMail, Reader, Calendar and Voice. To do so I abandoned perfectly good Mac OS X apps that I feel were best of class to use Google's web apps. Here's why:

No matter what computer I use, home, phone, tablet, work, wherever, I am totally in sync in regards to my calendar, mail and feeds when I use Google's apps. That alone is worth some amount of sacrifice.

So, as a new Pre owner, I am using WebOS mail linked to my Gmail account, which in turn is linked to the 4 email accounts that I use daily. I use Calendar, which syncs with Google Calendar. I am using Scoop, and I'm not crazy about it. Newsroom looks cool, but the no sync with Reader is a deal breaker for me. I am going to try Feeds and see if I like it better than Scoop. In the meantime, I really like Tweefree and am trying to make my mind up between Twee and Tweed. Wish Tweed had a demo version.
    I purchased feeds and like it...when it works. It seems everytime I update my phone Feeds disappears and worse it doesn't show up in the app catalog either.

Not sure what's going on, but I'm really frustrated.

Wonder if I can get a refund?
    I think it universal that everyone loves News Room.

Here is what I have found however. A lot of the articles I want to read contain videos (1 in 5 maybe), most of which are not YouTube so you cant watch them on your device. I found it annoying to go through my Google Synced RSS feeders on my device and then miss out on the full article (with video) on my computer.

So now I browse on Newsroom, but I still go through my Google Reader at home. A bit of redundancy but I can weed my way through fast enough and then I can watch the videos I would have other wise missed.
    Trying to give back for all the awesome help I have received. If anything I post is of any use, please hit the thanks button!
    Quote Originally Posted by mlankton View Post
    No matter what computer I use, home, phone, tablet, work, wherever, I am totally in sync in regards to my calendar, mail and feeds when I use Google's apps. That alone is worth some amount of sacrifice.
    It really is the best way, I agree. I LOVE all the Google Apps! I support a lot of people on it as well for work. I talked them into using it.

Quote Originally Posted by mlankton View Post
    So, as a new Pre owner, I am using WebOS mail linked to my Gmail account, which in turn is linked to the 4 email accounts that I use daily. I use Calendar, which syncs with Google Calendar. I am using Scoop, and I'm not crazy about it. Newsroom looks cool, but the no sync with Reader is a deal breaker for me. I am going to try Feeds and see if I like it better than Scoop. In the meantime, I really like Tweefree and am trying to make my mind up between Twee and Tweed. Wish Tweed had a demo version.
    I am also waiting for NewsRoom to support my Google reader act. When it does and no longer has a ~30 icon limit, I will buy it.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    day 3 with newsroom and it live up to everything i expected and everthing i need. loads quickly. easy to find feeds with search or url. nice visual in interface. ez to read in portrait and links which open the browser can be viewed landscape. notifications are not obtrusive and the entire platform works as advertised. a good value for the $ involved.

randy in florida
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast