Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The alpha version of Precorder is great. It give me another reason to love the Pre. Although you can't preview what you are recording but it's okay for now.I can't wait for the beta version to be available on Preware.
    Welcome to the late club, population: YOU.

J/K

It looks cool, and hopefully the developers are still working on this, because this is a very popular feature that is commonly discussed in the discussion. You should search for the thread that is dedicated to this.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    is ne one having problems getting precorder to work on the pixi ? i cant seem to get the light on while im recording and i cant even get get it to record in the first place. i changed the prefs around and still no luck . i even did a battery pull and soft reset. my method of getting precorder on my pixi was through webos quick install... both ipk files wer up to date. any help will be very much appreciated.
    It's a great software on pre
    Are you sure you installed the right package? There is one just for the Pixi.

Application:Precorder - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    yes i did ... i have 0.3.0 armv 6.... thats for the pixi am i correct ? cuz the pre one is o.3.3 armv 7 ! so what am i doing wrong ?
    Please please please go to beta version and put it on preware...

It's ready for beta. Trust me...
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    What is so great about having a video recorder that you can't see what you're recording? Kind of defeats the purpose I think.
    Well, it's not like you're in a different room or anything when ya record. Yes, it would / will be nice to have a viewfinder while you record, but for the alpha version, it's great!
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Yes, the alpha version is definitely great! I can't wait to see what comes next in future Alpha releases, a beta release, etc!

I wonder when and how Palm will pull off their official app. Perhaps a simple editing mechanic? Ability to upload to YouTube? That would be great. I'd have a reason to get a YouTube account!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by klbjr View Post
    What is so great about having a video recorder that you can't see what you're recording? Kind of defeats the purpose I think.
    And you would use what instead? Is there some other electronic device you carry with you at ALL times that will record a video in a pinch?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rog47776 View Post
    Well, it's not like you're in a different room or anything when ya record. Yes, it would / will be nice to have a viewfinder while you record, but for the alpha version, it's great!
    It's not about being in a different room. It's about being able to see what angle, what lighting and just what it is you are recording.

Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    And you would use what instead? Is there some other electronic device you carry with you at ALL times that will record a video in a pinch?
    Uh...let me think...how about every cell phone I have owned for the last 4 or 5 years. Well that was until the Pre. Excuse me for not wetting my pants over this app/patch. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it has taken someone a lot of time and effort but it's something that should have been included in the Pre from the start. Other Palm phones have it. Not to mention practically every other cell phone on the market. So really no reason Palm shouldn't have included it on the Pre and in it's current state I just don't see the usefulness. It's like trying to take a picture with your eyes closed.
    agree with klbjr. Good start to an app, but let's not overvalue it while undervaluing its limitations
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    It's not about being in a different room. It's about being able to see what angle, what lighting and just what it is you are recording.

I have taken dozens of videos with the app and they all come out great other than the sound because of the mic placement. Its not hard to point the camera at the thing you want to record. If you have taken a few dozen pictures you know where the thing is going to shot. The thing auto adjusts to the lighting in the room so even when we get a view finder you just gonna see it auto correct.

And taken video that is important enough to care about lighting, angles etc needs to be done with a real video camera not a cell phone.
    Uh...let me think...how about every cell phone I have owned for the last 4 or 5 years. Well that was until the Pre.
    Which, of course, you knew when you bought it.

Excuse me for not wetting my pants over this app/patch. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it has taken someone a lot of time and effort but it's something that should have been included in the Pre from the start.
    Whether it should have been included is irrelevant - people worked hard to bring this functionality to the phone. I little less whining and a little more appreciation would be the mature thing to do.

It's like trying to take a picture with your eyes closed.
    You do know that you don't actually have to look at the phone while recording, right? You can still use your eyes to look past your phone while recording....is your eye / hand coordination really that poor?
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    you know that was my first reaction before I installed it. But realize unlike a real panasonic or sony camcorder, a smartphone camera doesn't have zoom. So you can get suprisingly good results just by aiming the camera in the direction that you want.

Try it!
    when will it move into the mainstream?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Which, of course, you knew when you bought it.

Whether it should have been included is irrelevant - people worked hard to bring this functionality to the phone. I little less whining and a little more appreciation would be the mature thing to do.

You do know that you don't actually have to look at the phone while recording, right? You can still use your eyes to look past your phone while recording....is your eye / hand coordination really that poor?
    We all knew what we were buying when we bought the phone, and we know Palm rushed it out. However, many ppl expected Palm to support the device 1000% after it's release, to ensure that it had everything it needed to be competitive. 95% of the cool stuff on the Pre, after release, have been the community's making.
    No doubt people worked hard, and nobody is demeaning their work by any means, it's a step in the right direction. But that doesn't make it a great app just yet (I'm sure it will be great after the hardware GPU is in use). The mentality that you tried hard, so it must be appreciated, does not work in the app community.
    Hand / eye coordination has nothing to do with it. Every camera device since the first camera has some sort of viewfinder. We know that the hardware limitations of the Pre make this difficult, but that doesn't make it any less important. Bottom line is, if you have a viewfinder, you can adjust the camera for low light conditions, focus, quality (to save memory), and other important features of a camera. Without a viewfinder, none of those features will be accurate on the camcorder.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    Welcome to the late club, population: YOU.

J/K

It looks cool, and hopefully the developers are still working on this, because this is a very popular feature that is commonly discussed in the discussion. You should search for the thread that is dedicated to this.
    lol...
    I for one would have rather bought my phone 6 months ago and had this great phone to use, than wait a year longer just to have a Video camera, GPU, and a few other things.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast